Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am really doing this

oh wow, my nerves are on high alert. i am really doing it the closer i get to the date the more freaked out i get. i am so excited but so very scared. i know this is the best thing i going to do for my and that i am making the right choice in my best interest for a happier healthier life. i have had surgery before but none of them has ever got to me like this one. i start the shrinking my liver tomorrow. i keep thinking can i really do this can i really handle it i am going to mess things up? what if i cant take the pain? am i going to be hungry i am so on edge now i really dont care about food but what about after. do i know what i am doing. i am doubting myself all types of new angles. my mom is really being supportive in fact she is not coming with me on the day of surgery. i am most likely going to be alone. i didnt even quit smoking yet. will the patch make me sick after surgery? no one around me understands how i feel right now. they have never had to lose more than 20 ibs before. and i got my first "no...dont take the easy way out". i know i will be ok once i start really losing weight but right now i just feel crazy.

YOUR ok---I also am having the same type fears!! And My fiance who I live with VegasAngel already had the surgery!! I think this is normal---I went and freaked out the other day and posted about IS THIS IT. Then took some quiet time prayed and realized it is THE RIGHT thing to do FOR MY HEALTH! As I say all the time "this too shall pass" Keep the faith and KNOW your going to help yourself.....

I can feel your nerves...I have them too. But I know it is the right decision. I did the research, looked at the pros and cons, and know it is right for me. I talked with oodles of people who have had the three different procedures done and know the sleeve fits me best. I guess it is my relationship with food changing so drastically that has me the most sad. But this love is what has gotten me here! You have my good thoughts streaming your way!

oh wow, my nerves are on high alert. i am really doing it the closer i get to the date the more freaked out i get. i am so excited but so very scared.

i know this is the best thing i going to do for my and that i am making the right choice in my best interest for a happier healthier life.

If you know it's the right choice for you, concentrate on that and visualize yourself at a healthy weight.

i have had surgery before but none of them has ever got to me like this one. i start the shrinking my liver tomorrow. i keep thinking can i really do this can i really handle it i am going to mess things up? what if i cant take the pain?

The pain is minimal and you're pain free is just a few days.

am i going to be hungry i am so on edge now i really dont care about food but what about after. do i know what i am doing.

If you are not sure, postpone the surgery until you're able to feel secure in your decision.

i am doubting myself all types of new angles. my mom is really being supportive in fact she is not coming with me on the day of surgery. i am most likely going to be alone. i didnt even quit smoking yet. will the patch make me sick after surgery? no one around me understands how i feel right now. they have never had to lose more than 20 ibs before. and i got my first "no...dont take the easy way out". i know i will be ok once i start really losing weight but right now i just feel crazy.

Being nervous is normal but only you can answer whether or not now is the right time for you to have surgery. If you have other issues that need to be dealt with, that should be your focus.

i think what is really getting to me is weather my insurance is going to pay for it. there is no better time then now , as much as i am scared i know this is the right thing for me. i just doubt myself too much and i am listening to people who have no clue about fighting their body to lose over 100 pounds. i am pretty sure it will be covered my insurance never says no to anything and the do cover the procedure, i just hope they will for me. if not i would have to find some way to get money so i could go to mex and do it.

also, i might end up going alone and i have never be alone for surgery "my mom is like my good luck charm and she cant come". i am not going to let that stop me tho. i do think i might be having a hard time saying goodbye to food old habits forever. but it is also what makes me so happy i wont have to fight day in out all the time feeling so hungry.

i will feel so much better once i hear it is approved. i really dont like that i am going to find out like right before i have it done. the doctor asked if i would do another procedure if the dont cover it but after being on this site there is no way i am doing the lapband and i cant do the others because they would affect my medication. my emotions are all over the place i cant wait until it is done and i can start my new life.

i think what is really getting to me is weather my insurance is going to pay for it. there is no better time then now , as much as i am scared i know this is the right thing for me. i just doubt myself too much and i am listening to people who have no clue about fighting their body to lose over 100 pounds. i am pretty sure it will be covered my insurance never says no to anything and the do cover the procedure, i just hope they will for me. if not i would have to find some way to get money so i could go to mex and do it.

also, i might end up going alone and i have never be alone for surgery "my mom is like my good luck charm and she cant come". i am not going to let that stop me tho. i do think i might be having a hard time saying goodbye to food old habits forever. but it is also what makes me so happy i wont have to fight day in out all the time feeling so hungry.

i will feel so much better once i hear it is approved. i really dont like that i am going to find out like right before i have it done. the doctor asked if i would do another procedure if the dont cover it but after being on this site there is no way i am doing the lapband and i cant do the others because they would affect my medication. my emotions are all over the place i cant wait until it is done and i can start my new life.

Girl, I totally understand where you are coming from! I keep having the same thoughts, its really annoying because I know this is what I need to do but I cannot help having the what if thoughts. I mean my biggest things is my health and second to that, I just really want to feel more confident in my clothes, etc. I want to be the confident women that I know can be. I have prayed about this as well and I believe that this is the right thing to do.

I just really want to feel more confident in my clothes, etc. I want to be the confident women that I know can be. I have prayed about this as well and I believe that this is the right thing to do. it is so good to know that someone else is feeling the same way. Dealing with peoples reaction over my albinism takes away enough of my confidence. when i look in the mirror i dont see the person i really am. i know i am a strong person but being overweight takes from my strength.

i just have to stay focused on why this is the best thing i am doing for myself. shopping in any store i want to. being proud of how much i lost that is going to stay off:biggrin0:. socializing more than ever because you cant tell me i aint cute...:001_tt2: god willing the insurance will feel where i am coming from. they put in all my paper work , it is pending.

i really need this to get done.

Alisa,

No, you are not cute, you are beautiful, you just are wanting to feel that way too.

I hope your insurance gives you an answer soon. It's really great that you have insurance that covers WLS. My insurance booklet says "No WLS covered for any reason"

yea i thank god for mom my putting up with working for NY state. not the best pay but good coverage otherwise i would have any at all. i have coverage until she leave the job despite my age because i am legally blind. god really dose know what he is doing all the issue i have that i though held me back have actually been blessing my whole life. there truly is a reason for everything sometimes it just takes time to see what it is.