Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you still having weird dreams too. I am, I keep dreaming I made a mistake and took a big bite of solid food before I was suppose to. Thats gotta mean something right?

Are you still having weird dreams too. I am, I keep dreaming I made a mistake and took a big bite of solid food before I was suppose to. Thats gotta mean something right?

Yes, the short times I do sleep, I have very weird dreams- however, none of my involve food, they're just bizarre. Rosebud said she had that problem two for about a week and half, so hopefully sometime next week we'll get to sleep peaceful sleep.

I'm having a problem with excessive mucus which apparently isn't common with sleeve sugery (leave it to me) and Dr. Aceves is a bit perplexed. I'm hoping it goes away soon - it is most unfun and the coughing keeps my throat feeling sore and raw all the time ... so those popsicles feel pretty good.

Weird dreams must not go away with time because I had a whopper of a dream about a week ago.

I went to Dr. Aceves and asked him to remove an ovary. Just one, no clue why just that I wanted him to remove an ovary. I woke up to discover he did gastric bypass on me. I was NOT a happy camper! ;o) I kept pointing to my stomach and telling him to put it BACK! He kept telling me it was better for me.

I woke up in a cold sweat and REALLY ANGRY until I realized it was a dream! HAHA

Weird dreams must not go away with time because I had a whopper of a dream about a week ago.

I went to Dr. Aceves and asked him to remove an ovary. Just one, no clue why just that I wanted him to remove an ovary. I woke up to discover he did gastric bypass on me. I was NOT a happy camper! ;o) I kept pointing to my stomach and telling him to put it BACK! He kept telling me it was better for me.

I woke up in a cold sweat and REALLY ANGRY until I realized it was a dream! HAHA

Well that is certainly one HECK of a dream ...

and not good news about the effects however. I found before surgery, though, if I ate ANYTHING sweet as the last thing I ate before going to bed - I try not to eat anything 3 hours before bed time - I would have really weird dreams -- probably about like the one you just described.

My sleep started getting disrupted pre-op. Probably from nerves and excitement. I'm still not sleeping well at night, but it's rather late out to be blaming it on anesthesia in my case. :001_tongue:

I did start dreaming about binge eating on food. I started eating an entire chocolate cake in my dreams! And it was one we have at work sometimes that I do not like so it was even more bizarre. I decided this was a sign I needed more carbs and had two bites of potato for dinner. It seemed to work.

I am going to try Tylenol PM tonight - that generally does the trick for me. I need to get some sleep because I am going back to work tomorrow and need to be able to function.

So VAngel, I noticed that you barely took a week off for your surgery and I was wondering how you feel about going back to work. I was hoping to only have to take off a week, but my surgeon told me I would need at least two weeks to recover. Though it seems like a lot of people on the forum only take a week. So anyway, I just wondered if you feel like you're ready to go back or if you wished you had more time. Since I'm not getting sleeved for another couple of months, I really appreciate hearing other people's experiences so I'll know better what to expect.

Well that is certainly one HECK of a dream ...

and not good news about the effects however. I found before surgery, though, if I ate ANYTHING sweet as the last thing I ate before going to bed - I try not to eat anything 3 hours before bed time - I would have really weird dreams -- probably about like the one you just described.

Someone else said try the Unisom (generic orange box at Wal-Mart) and I second that. The Tylenol PM's and benidryl do not work for me (they did pre surgeries). Take one of those bad boys (which by the way, it has the same ingredient as Nyquil, doxylamine succinate only much more of it) and I bet you will sleep.

Tell us more about the mucus thing. What do you mean? Is it just a persistant cough or are you coughing up mucus? Does it make it hard to swallow?

So VAngel, I noticed that you barely took a week off for your surgery and I was wondering how you feel about going back to work. I was hoping to only have to take off a week, but my surgeon told me I would need at least two weeks to recover. Though it seems like a lot of people on the forum only take a week. So anyway, I just wondered if you feel like you're ready to go back or if you wished you had more time. Since I'm not getting sleeved for another couple of months, I really appreciate hearing other people's experiences so I'll know better what to expect.

Everyone is different in their recovery but I was able to go back to work one week post-op and did two 13 hour shifts (I'm an RN) with little difficulty. My saving grace was Kelloggs Protein Water. It had just enough calories (50) and Protein (5) to keep me going during the clear liquid phase.

You could always go back to work a few days and see how it goes before going back full time.

I didnt dream about food last night so this must be getting better and I am really glad, I hate to panic and have anxiety attacks in my sleep too. Its bad enough to have them when I am awake.

I was actually going to go back to work on Thursday and would have felt up to doing so if not for the diarhhea. So I took my office manager up on her offer of another day off and went back on Friday. I worked all day and then had enough energy to stop at Borders and then Wal-Mart (I HATE shopping at Wal-Mart; however, I needed ink cartridges and they're the cheapest in town I've found) so I walked around Wal-mart and came home. I was somewhat tired, but not terribly so and no in any pain at all.

Ruthi went back to work on Tuesday - the day after we were released from the hospital. I don't think I could have done that; but definitely by Friday ... I don't think an entire week is necesssary, but then everyone's body is different.

Someone else said try the Unisom (generic orange box at Wal-Mart) and I second that. The Tylenol PM's and benidryl do not work for me (they did pre surgeries). Take one of those bad boys (which by the way, it has the same ingredient as Nyquil, doxylamine succinate only much more of it) and I bet you will sleep.

Tell us more about the mucus thing. What do you mean? Is it just a persistant cough or are you coughing up mucus? Does it make it hard to swallow?

I posted a new thread about my new best "aid" and that was liquid benadryl - I slept 8 hours and only one coughing fit.

And yes, I actually cough up mucus. It doesn't make it hard to swallow, just that the coughing makes my throat very sore. I guess this is more a common problem with the band, than the sleeve; however, I've often had a sinus drainage problem at night and keep cough drops on the nightstand in the event I start coughing, pop one in my mouth and go back to sleep. No, I never choke on them. However, I was a bit afraid to do that since the surgery just in case I did swallow it in my sleep.

So instead, I would just cough and cough and cough until I cleared out the mucus and then I'd go back to sleep until it started again. Made a very long night with very little sleep let me tell you.

So I think the purpose of the benadryl was to help dry up things with the secondary benefit being to knock me out!

I used to live in an apt. complex where my neighbor was addicted to NyQuil - she took it every night to sleep. And that was BEFORE the cherry flavor -- eewwwwwwwww

I didnt dream about food last night so this must be getting better and I am really glad, I hate to panic and have anxiety attacks in my sleep too. Its bad enough to have them when I am awake.

CONGRATS to you ... I didn't dream at all. I was out for the count and loved every minute of it.

I coughed up a bunch of gunk for a few days after the surgery. I'm sure that is a good thing. Getting it out of the lungs is the purpose of the breathing exercises.

I coughed up a bunch of gunk for a few days after the surgery. I'm sure that is a good thing. Getting it out of the lungs is the purpose of the breathing exercises.

Did it make you gag or feel like you were choking or that you might vomit?

No. I just felt something deep in my chest like when I have bronchitis. It got better after I coughed up the gunk. You sound as though allergies might be getting to you. Have you tried Claritin?