Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hiya Best of British!

I am a fellow welsh woman... south Wales! Congrats on your sleeve! I'm over 2yrs out now, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks! I feel great! I didn't have to do a pre-surgery diet so I really feel for you. To be honest' date=' I've not heard of the milk diet, I thought it was a liquid diet you had to do, but then again, I'm sure you've noticed that there is so many different doctor/nutritionist guidelines out there!

At the moment I am just having Water, Protein Shake and cuppa Soup, however, I am sipping a glass of red wine at the mo, I know, I know I'm terrible but I didn't get the sleeve to stop living altogether!

Where are you having your sleeve done?

I'm in North Wales x x x x[/quote']

What Protein Shakes are you having? I'm getting my sleeve done at spire harpenden xx

Hi Coops! It's great to have someone with so much experience. How has the 2 years been for you? Like how much have you lost, are your eating habits still good/good enough to keep the weight down? I'm soooo impatient, I wish I was a couple of year down the line and where you are now!

Also, I hate to disapoint (although I feel we should be completely honest in this relationship) I'm not Welsh! I'm from Birmingham originally...I'm so sorry! x x x x

Hi Carly, I got the Sci-Mx-Whey Protein-Muscle Size and Definition in strawberry and Cream flavour (can get it in Asda no problem) and to be honest, it's perfectly drinkable to me, just tastes like Nesquick milkshake powder that you add to milk but I have heard that some people just cannot abide Protein Shakes, I guess it's all down to individual taste. I like this one because 1 shake gives you 35g of Protein, so 2 a day makes up all your protein, not bad even if you don't particularly like it. They also do chocolate flavour. Hope this helps! x x x x

Hi Coops! It's great to have someone with so much experience. How has the 2 years been for you? Like how much have you lost, are your eating habits still good/good enough to keep the weight down? I'm soooo impatient, I wish I was a couple of year down the line and where you are now!

Also, I hate to disapoint (although I feel we should be completely honest in this relationship) I'm not Welsh! I'm from Birmingham originally...I'm so sorry! x x x x

hahahaaaaa... I was gonna ask my daughter to translate it into welsh too... just as well I didn't ...lol! But it is all good, my hubby is English!

Yea, the last two and a bit years have been really 'interesting'. I've done pretty well... lost nearly 5 1/2 stone but I am not at goal... can't get below 11st 9lb which is still pretty beefy for my 5ft 2 frame. Although I am in my original goal size of 14... but I think I should be in a 10 or 12 when/if I get to goal. I would love to have a normal BMI again, mind, it has been over 20yrs since that happened. I also have a lot of muscle, as I trained like a demon in the earlier days... then this time last year my back started to give me grief and by March I stopped going to the gym, running and boxing training altogether! BOOOO!!

Now we are in half term, I am going to try the boxing gym again this week... see how my back manages it!

I have been in a stall for a year now... no matter what I try to do to get rid of the last stone or two, I can't make that bloody scale move... it is sooooo frustrating as I don't feel like I have 'finished'; if that makes sense.

I think there are other factors though, I am peri menopausal and over the last two years I have flirted with HRT (not on it no) but it didn't agree with me. I often wonder if that has inhibited my weight loss, but then I see ladies on here who are fully into the menopause and they have lost well and got to goal. I have recently had bloods taken, so we will see what they came back with. My dr is also baffled to this stall as my cals are good - they range between 1000 - 1400 daily, so I am under what I should eat to maintain. In the last year though, I have realised that I am not worried about keeping the weight off... as I have been stable for so long, it isn't a worrying thought for me now.

I pretty much stick to the rules that I learnt in the beginning; 3 meals a day and sometimes I add a snack when I am in work. I don't snack as a rule. Over the last month or so, I have had a little hunger come back and I can eat a little more, but I don't push it - oh and I still do the Protein first rule. That being said, I do have the occasional treat but it isn't that often and I don't really look to food for comfort.

Do you have a goal weight in mind...

Take full advantage in the beginning... it is great to see the scale go down and I remember it was such a high! Oh and take measurements too... that is a great way to chart progress, just in case you stall. I've lost 41 inches which is well over 3 ft!! Sounds good doesn't it...lol

Give us a shout anytime if you need to vent or to generally have a chat!

Ha Ha funny! I'm so glad you have a sense of humour, you just don't know how these posts come across sometimes do you?!

Wow 5 and a half stone? That is impressive! And 3ft is amazing (if not a little weird!)

I cannot believe you do all that exercise, I play the odd game of tennis or squash and go on an occasional hike when the weather permits but I am not into regular training...yet.

I've heard that you will have stalls, but for a year? That's rough, especially if you are being so good. I'm no where near qualified to give you any advice, all I can do is keep my fingers crossed for you that your back gets better (and remember not to say anything out of order in case you come and knock me out!) and even if you don't like what the scales say, you must be pretty fit eh?!

I'd be happy as a size 14, but 12 would be nice. I'm aiming for 140lb.

Good Luck Coops x x x x

P.s You're picture is only small but you look pretty good to me. (I'm not gay or anything) (nothing wrong with being gay you understand but you have to clarify these things) x x x x

Oh, and if you had translated your post into Welsh I would have had to get MY daughter to translate it back! And she's only 12!!!

Hahaaaa... My daughter is 14 and she is hours away off going to NY with her school... I am sooo 'well jel'!! and my son is 12 too... how cool is that - both our kids are welsh speakers! I know a little - just enough to get me a pint and a sandwich!

Yea, you could say I have a good sense of humor! No choice in the matter being welsh and all that... but I must admit, your post make me giggle; especially the bit about being 'fit' and 'gay'!

My ultimate goal is 140, I am now sitting at 164, so I ain't sure that will ever happen... but yea, I will keep on keeping on! I started at 238lb - 17 stone and then I was one round mama!! Thanks for the compliment on the pic... that was taken in August so pretty recent. The dress hide the saggy belly. I am looking into getting a Tummy Tuck to get rid of the skin - it is pretty gross, but we'll have to see if we can afford it! I had to, and still am, paying for the sleeve, so money is a little tight!

I reckon that size 12 will be on you in no time...

let me know how you are doing and I will keep you posted if I get out of the boxing gym alive! ( I don't fight or spar by the way...lol... but I love going on the bags and the pads!) xx

Hi, I'm nearly 7 months out and 4st 2lb down. I'm a shorty (5ft 3in) and I'm aiming for a 100lb loss. Live in Cheltenham.

I still have 1 Protein drink a day and buy my Protein powder from myprotein.com. They have loads of flavours and tell taster sizes.

Wow Cathy, over 4 stone in 7 months-that's what I'm hoping for! How good are you? Are you very strict? I don't think I'll have a problem with the Protein first rule because I like all meat and fish. If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle could you and Coops tell me what you eat on average in a day?

Thanks x x x x

Mmmmmm Coops, a pint and a sandwich-now you're talking my kinda language!

New York?! I remember my school trips, we were lucky to go to Alton Towers for the day! Mind you, my Son (15) went skiing to Austria last year so just goes to show how things change, well jel too!

I was also self pay but went to Czech Republic so I believe it was cheaper than UK, I had a fantastic experience and would recommend them to anyone.

Good Luck with the boxing (((ducks))) x x x x

Hi Cathy.

I know what you mean, It can't just fall off can it?! Like you say, it takes time to put it on so it's got to take time to get it off. Although it is MUCH easier to put it on than to lose it! I'm trying to be realistic, I'm not weighing myself everyday and I'm well prepared for a loss, then a stall, then a loss and so on. I also know that it will take longer if you have less to lose (BOO) I went with Prague Beauty, not seen many posts on them but they were really good.

I am also craving toast! It's nice to know I can have it eventually, I didn't especially want to go on a strict diet for the rest of my life, just something to help with the amount I can eat, just some control I guess.

I joined myfitnesspal a couple of days ago and think that the food tracker is ace, beats trying to write it all down!

My partner is 52 and have a couple of friends that are around the same age as you...it's Fab to be Fifty!! Hang in there, from everything I've read it will come off!!

Let me know how you get on x x x x

P.S Not sure if I'm doing this right, I can't email you straight back, so I copied and pasted ? ?

Hi

I'm scheduled for surgery at Gartnavel Hospital in Glasgow on 12 February 2013.

I had a band fitted 2 years ago and gained 16lbs. I had a nightmare with it, throwing up every day for 18 months so had it removed 6 months ago.

Anyone had their sleeve done at Gartnavel?

I'm also a bit worried about getting my meds over as I take 30 tablets a day, on a good day, and many of them don't come in liquid form.

All words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

Lou

Hi' date=' I'm nearly 7 months out and 4st 2lb down. I'm a shorty (5ft 3in) and I'm aiming for a 100lb loss. Live in Cheltenham.

I still have 1 Protein drink a day and buy my Protein Powder from myprotein.com. They have loads of flavours and tell taster sizes.

[/quote']

I live in Worcester near Cheltenham just starting my journey of Sleeve loss I'm not massive but know I need to get a grip of the situation as at moment it's only my belly that shows signs of being over weight. I wanted to ask if you guys feel you get enough nutrients and Protein with small stomach. X

My 6 months post op bloods showed that all my levels were fine.