Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really!!!! I appreciate you probably didn't think that was terribly good at the time Willow, but I've been given the milk diet sheets to start, if, and when, they give me my date.... So, allowed four pint semi - skimmed milk per day, a sugar free jelly, sugar free squash, Water and three sticks of sugar free chewing gum, ohhhh not forgetting an oxo, or similar, cube per day!!!!!! That's for the last two weeks before D Day. So, coz I've started to cut again, I think I might go for your pre-op diet. So, beware, I might get on your nerves...

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like Lucky. There is NO chance I could have stuck to your pre-op diet, me and milk do not mix I vomit with it. Its not any allergies or anything like that I just hate the taste and texture of it, I dont like it flavoured either, that's part of the reason I don't eat cereals. I can disguise it in something like ready brek so stuck with that for breakfasts after the op.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like Lucky. There is NO chance I could have stuck to your pre-op diet, me and milk do not mix I vomit with it. Its not any allergies or anything like that I just hate the taste and texture of it, I dont like it flavoured either, that's part of the reason I don't eat cereals. I can disguise it in something like ready brek so stuck with that for breakfasts after the op.

Well, thank you willow. I too do not like milk, the only type I usually have in tea is skimmed, but the dietician said no for sure to that, recons that I won't get enough goodness from that. So it's gotta be semi skimmed, ahhhhh.

And I will make the most of your knowledge too, when I've got some time I'd like to try and get my head around it.

Hi my passport has come so there is very little maybe it wont happen scenarios left.

Still haven't even really thought about what's about to happen. I've spent so much time and thought to not getting my hopes up I'm now at a stage where I don't know what to think. I really just wanna get it done.

What's a little freaking are all these posts that I've followed for April Sleevers are now posting that they've had it done.

How did u feel the week before?

Daieyfairy what's happening with you now? Did you get your passport?

Hi guys I'm getting sleeved on 29th April , I live in North East England, not telling people other than parents and husband so some people to chat about the realities of it would be great especially if close by me or getting sleeved similar time?

Thanks in advance x

Hi Bettygirl

I too have decided not to tell others, just my hubby, one of my daughters, and a close neighbour. Also a lady I met at the hospital for assessments. My date is 13th May, can't wait for it to be over with. How you feeling about it all?

Hi Bettygirl<br><br>I too have decided not to tell others, just my hubby, one of my daughters, and a close neighbour. Also a lady I met at the hospital for assessments. My date is 13th May, can't wait for it to be over with. How you feeling about it all?

I'm quite ok excited for the future and happy with my decision just the usual anxiety about the surgery! I have a 3 year old and tear up if I think I might not see him again if anything goes wrong but I know it's such a low low risk!

Where about a do you live?

I'm in the north east about 30mins from Newcastle!

You? Is yours NHS or private? I'm going private in Manchester Tuesday next week!

I am wondering how hard it's going to be to keep a secret especially on first 6months probably!

Xxx

Hi everyone

I'm all done and survived.

I can't fault the belgium hospital or my surgeon and his team. Everyone speaks very good English and I don't mind being quite, slept most of the time.

The barium took its toll and threw up whist waiting for contact flight but it was okay.

I was hoping I wouldn't be one of those who got hungry but am lol. Starting purees but really want to crunch.

Not sure how I feel now, it was hard and the weight slipping off so just going along with it, one day at a time.

Hi dairyfairy, Glad to hear everything went well for you. If you want to chew try chewing gum that's how I got through that stage.

Hi bettygirl, I never told anyone except my husband and son that I was having my op? I told anyone who did ask what was wrong that I had to have abdominal surgery and left it at that.

Hi dairyfairy, Glad to hear everything went well for you. If you want to chew try chewing gum that's how I got through that stage. <br><br> Hi bettygirl, I never told anyone except my husband and son that I was having my op? I told anyone who did ask what was wrong that I had to have abdominal surgery and left it at that.

Yeah I've told friends I'm having hernia repaired, which I am at the same time so it's not a fib lol

I just think people at first will see me not eating or eating like a bird then dropping weight and with me having surgery put 2&2 together and then think I'm a liar but I just want to keep it personal & private. I had a band 2007-2013 and when that failed (slipped) and I gained there judgemental eyes were eyeballing me so I don't want that again! X x

Maybe a successful 6-9months later I'd feel different about it! X

Hi everyone <br><br> I'm all done and survived.<br><br> I can't fault the belgium hospital or my surgeon and his team. Everyone speaks very good English and I don't mind being quite, slept most of the time.<br><br> The barium took its toll and threw up whist waiting for contact flight but it was okay.<br><br> I was hoping I wouldn't be one of those who got hungry but am lol. Starting purees but really want to crunch.<br><br> Not sure how I feel now, it was hard and the weight slipping off so just going along with it, one day at a time.

Congrats and all kinds of best wishes on your journey xx

Anyone in the north of England ??? Xx

Hi Betty girl, I had an infection after my op so blamed that for me not eating or said that I was feeling sick to the one or two who did ask why I wasnt eating. I tend to just say I am on a diet which shuts most up. I wasn't telling them because they never bothered to ask what was wrong that I put the weight on so why should I be judged by them for doing something to take the weight off, I wasn't prepared to be judged by anyone.

Can I ask why you are going to Manchester for your operation? A friend of mine had her operation done in Newcastle.

Edited by willow13

I'm self funding so it's just where the surgeon/company I choose is based so it's a 2hr drive, worth it for feeling like I'm in good hands even though I'm sure there are great surgeons all over.

Mr Ammori is a lead bariatric surgeon with impressive awards and publications but also out of the many many surgeries he's done he has a 0 mortality rate and a 0.25% leak rate! Good going!

I said to my husband I am not ashamed of WLS id be happy to tell people maybe after my journey it's the people who are waiting & watching for your failure I don't want to entertain! X

It is those very people I wanted to avoid telling so I just chose not to tell anyone other than my husband and son. I have never regretted my decision NOT to tell anyone else.