Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Minute Advice/Suggestions?

Hi all -- well my surgery is on Friday, June 12th. We're going to head out of Las Vegas tonight and drive until we're (meaning Bob) is tired and then stop, get up and finish the drive to Calexico tomorrow morning (it's only a 5 hour drive; however, he insists on leaving tonight!).

:cool0:

Anyway - pre-op is on the 11th and surgery on the 12th. I've got the list Nina sent me of things to bring ... is there anything you didn't bring you wished you had? Anything you did bring you wish you hadn't?

We weren't able to get the verizon mexico plan because apparently all they have on the phone are people who don't have a clue ... we gave up out of frustration. So I won't be using my phone while in Mexicali; however, will have my laptop and will post as soon as I feel up to it.

So suggest away -- I'm all "ears" :car: (or should that be "eyes")? :car:

Hi all -- well my surgery is on Friday, June 12th. We're going to head out of Las Vegas tonight and drive until we're (meaning Bob) is tired and then stop, get up and finish the drive to Calexico tomorrow morning (it's only a 5 hour drive; however, he insists on leaving tonight!).

:cool0:

Anyway - pre-op is on the 11th and surgery on the 12th. I've got the list Nina sent me of things to bring ... is there anything you didn't bring you wished you had? Anything you did bring you wish you hadn't?

We weren't able to get the verizon Mexico plan because apparently all they have on the phone are people who don't have a clue ... we gave up out of frustration. So I won't be using my phone while in Mexicali; however, will have my laptop and will post as soon as I feel up to it.

So suggest away -- I'm all "ears" :car: (or should that be "eyes")? :car:

Most people have no problems while in MX using their cell. It's better at the hospital than the hotel but I usually pick up the US tower.

Most people have no problems while in MX using their cell. It's better at the hospital than the hotel but I usually pick up the US tower.

Did you pay roaming fees? There's really not one I will need to call, seeing as the only one close to me who knows I'm having the surgery is my fiance, and he'll be with me ... and, of course, everyone on VST ... and I'll have my laptop with me. Bob on the otherhand, receives a lot of texts/calls daily so we were going to do it for him ... he said he'll just bite the bullet and pay whatever extra costs there are ... we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

Did you pay roaming fees? There's really not one I will need to call, seeing as the only one close to me who knows I'm having the surgery is my fiance, and he'll be with me ... and, of course, everyone on VST ... and I'll have my laptop with me. Bob on the otherhand, receives a lot of texts/calls daily so we were going to do it for him ... he said he'll just bite the bullet and pay whatever extra costs there are ... we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

Nope, that's what I mean by picking up the US towers. If you aren't picking up the US towers, and you probably will, just go outside. *Most* do but not all.

Nope, that's what I mean by picking up the US towers. If you aren't picking up the US towers, and you probably will, just go outside. *Most* do but not all.

Thanks, I will pass the message along to Bob and we'll give it the ole college try.

I could get phone calls in the resort but not dial out. I could text. In the hospital, I got the U.S. tower and made and received calls.

What do bring:

Handiwipes (no face cloths in the hospital)

Blowdryer (none in the hospital)

Any medications you need to take

Heating pad

A good novel or magazines

Bathing suit if you want to use the resort pools

Less is more. You change into a hospital gown the minute you get to the hospital on the day of surgery and most people stay use the hospital gown the day after surgery as well. Have a safe trip!

I could get phone calls in the resort but not dial out. I could text. In the hospital, I got the U.S. tower and made and received calls.

What do bring:

Handiwipes (no face cloths in the hospital)

Blowdryer (none in the hospital)

Any medications you need to take

Heating pad

A good novel or magazines

Bathing suit if you want to use the resort pools

Less is more. You change into a hospital gown the minute you get to the hospital on the day of surgery and most people stay use the hospital gown the day after surgery as well. Have a safe trip!

Thanks for the reminder on the handiwipes -- I forgot about that. Don't need a blow dryer, just got a new "do" and it's wash and wear and I'm lovin' it. Medications are packed. Heating Pad, packed. Bathing suit, packed. Gotta find my book from my last trip.

Thanks for the reminders