Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My sister tells me all the time that I don't look my age (56) because I have so few wrinkles. I told her that's because I have all this fat filling it out!

I have notice a big difference in my skin feeling thinner even with all the fat! I have no doubt I will have lots of hanging skin and wrinkles. I do worry about but what can you do. I heard if you put use a moisturizer with Vitamin e on you skin it will help it shrink so I lather that on my face and neck now even though I haven't had the surgery yet. Plus I will be getting a compression garment because I have heard that helps. I keep thinking that is going to be hot hot this summer!!!

I am also going to look into taking some collagen.< /p>

I my face looks 10 years younger, I'm often hit on by the 40 something's and I'm 54. however I'm starting to develop the turkey neck which betrays me. Also I believe that the majority of my weight loss was a loss of muscle mass. in my clothes, with the help of compression garments, I look fantastic, but I have absolutely no muscle tone. no matter how much I exercise, how much weight lifting I do, or how many Protein Drinks I consume (I still drink one daily a year post-op) I cannot develop any muscle. everything just sags, especially my boobs and butt. I used to have a great butt, but now they're like empty bags. I wasn't mentally prepared for this and am having a hard time with it. anybody else dealing with this? suggestions?

[quote name="Malaika"

OMG -- I hadn't thought about that ... I always tease that I look younger than I am because I'm so fat it pulls all the wrinkles out of my face ... UH OH ... guess I'd better starting working on face exercises... I don't want to look any older than I do and definitely not my age!

Me too, I have always joked that my fat was my Botox. Sure hope the wrinkles don't appear when the weight is gone.

@@change0414 - I don't have any suggestions I'm sorry to say however, surely you are building some muscle. It just may not be enough to fill out the extra skin.

Empty bags for your butt! Eeek, this is not something I have heard or maybe just not phrased that way. I have heard of people talking about a sagging butt. Boy, I really hate the thought of all these things because I am sure to have them but I don't think there is anything you can do other than plastics. Unfortunately I will not have the money for plastics. I guess I will be wearing compression garments.

Change, thanks for the heads up. I better start mentally preparing myself!

Yep, it is the "old lady" neck that bothers me the most. I am 80 lbs down, but haven't noticed a big increase in wrinkles, but thinking it might catch up with me soon.

I have had dreams and nightmares of all different results from surgery from skin hanging around my ankles to waking up a size 4 I have no idea what to expect and I'm a little scared and a little excited I'm 54 and want to run kaya and climb mountains so I'm off to do what I want to do for the last half of my life

I have the same concerns. I was watching some YouTube videos and saw some of the people getting thinner. With the younger girls you didn't see the wrinkles and sagging in the face. I saw an older lady and when she was thinner, you could see her jowls hanging more. I must say I never thought of that. I had already prepared myself for a Tummy Tuck after about 18 months after my sleeve, but I have to admit I never thought of face lifts, neck lifts, butt and leg lifts. Cha Ching.

I didn't care about the rest of my body that's covered up.

That's why I got a face lift. That's what everyone sees. I love that people can't believe I'm 63.

I'll be 50 in 3 months and I'm scheduled for VGS in 4 weeks ... I decided I didn't want to be fat and fifty . I'm a lower BMI of 32 but I've struggled for years and it got worse with the onset of menapause !

I have periodically gotten Botox for the detox lines between my eyebrows and filler for lines around my mouth ... I LOVE it !!! Really looks good and natural !

Do it ! I have a long thin neck that started drooping so just tried a new product called Kybella .. It lifts and tightens neck .. , reduces double chin ... It's working !!!

After surgery and weight loss .. I'll for sure do more .. I'm not going down without a fight !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I look in the mirror and see me at 20-30 with a few more wrinkles. What can I expect? I'm 53. :-)

I'm 53 years old and don't have any wrinkles at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using the BariatricPal App

I can't say that. I have a few laugh lines around my eyes and a few on my forehead. I'm happy. My grandmother at my age looked over 70.

I started at the age of 40 using an anti aging cream at night and in the daytime I use a firming cream. I've been using these products for the best 13 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using the BariatricPal App