Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oregon, did you ever post any pictures? I am thinking I will need a face lift. Is your whole face numb? How long is the recovery (as far as not having bruising/swelling?)

I still had some swelling at abouit 2 weeks but the bruising was gone. My surgeon used ultra sound every day and it really took the bruising away. Surgery was 6 weeks ago, and I think the swelling is completely gone now.

I still have numbness and I don't know how long it's going to last.

I haven't posted pictures. I need to get my daughter to take some but I am in the middle of moving. I bought a new house and I have been in this house over 20 years. I have so much work to do to get my house empties out and get it ready to put on the market.

I've always hated having my picture taken so I really feel weird about posting pictures. I'll try to remember to do it soon though.

Well, I'm 15 mos out and I DEFINITELY have the turkey neck! AND face wrinkles! (sigh) BUT, I'm a 100 lbs lighter and can wear a size 8 skirt and 10-12 top so I guess that's okay! Lol . I'm with the rest - I'd love to have a lifestyle lift!

Years ago when I used to go the Jack La Lanne gym the trainers there would make everyone to facial excercises in the group excercise classes at then end. Typically this would include saying the vowels, "A E I O U" greatly accentuated, stretching the neck and pursing the lips with the U.....they would also have you put your head up as far as possible and purse the lips. They were saying that the facial muscles are the most underworked muscles on the face and should be added to keep firmness, that facial skin is attached to muscle and that firming the muscles naturally brings the skin tighter. I am just getting back into this routine as I am losing weight.

I looked pretty good in the face until about 20 lbs ago--then I lost the fat pads that were under my cheekbones and in my nasolabial lines, and what did the cavities fill with? Wrinkles! I have thrown in the towel and had a consultation with a plastic surgeon. He and I agreed that the upper 2/3 of my face looks good and I need a lower face/neck lift and something to plump up the nasolabial lines. He is suggesting a fat transfer for that, I am thinking Juvederm. Any thoughts?

I looked pretty good in the face until about 20 lbs ago--then I lost the fat pads that were under my cheekbones and in my nasolabial lines, and what did the cavities fill with? Wrinkles! I have thrown in the towel and had a consultation with a plastic surgeon. He and I agreed that the upper 2/3 of my face looks good and I need a lower face/neck lift and something to plump up the nasolabial lines. He is suggesting a fat transfer for that, I am thinking Juvederm. Any thoughts?

I had my boobies re-done in July and hope to have the face work done in the next year or so. My cheeks are like deflated balloons and need some filler too. Plus as Nora Ephron put it in her book - "I Hate My Neck!". I haven't had a consult yet for my face, so not sure what my doc will suggest. Please keep us updated on what you do and how it comes out.

I really wish the numbness in my face would go away. It's been 5 months now and my face is still so numb. I hate it when my grand son kisses my cheek and I can't even feel it.

I am really afraid I will never get the feeing in my face back.

I didn't want to do Juvederm because I didn't want to have to go back and keeping getting it done. This will last forever, but I am afraid my numbness is going to last that long too.

I did the Juvederm last month...LOVE it! Will do it again as needed - want to maintain my weight loss for about a year be for I have any plastic surgery. Need Tummy Tuck, maybe implants and will also consider some nip/tuck to my neck face....

Yeah, I am really lucky that my legs and tummy don't look bad at all. I don't know if I would have had a face lift if I would have known about all this numbness and no feeling in my face.

Yeah, I am really lucky that my legs and tummy don't look bad at all. I don't know if I would have had a face lift if I would have known about all this numbness and no feeling in my face.

What kind of facelift did you have? Was it a lower, midface, or a forehead lift or a combination? My sister had a forehead/brow lift and she was numb in the forehead/bangs area for months, but the feeling gradually came back to most of the area.

My butt sags badly and my thighs look deflated, but people see my face all the time so that's where I decided to do the work first. Lower body lifts kind of scare me so I'm trying to build glutes to fill up saggy bits. I'm so flat in the rear now! Fortunately, I kept my boobs. I had Botox for the first time last month and I am underwhelmed...there was a killer headache for about three days and my eyebrow only moves on the end. Weird!

The thought of having shots in my face ( while I was awake, lol) did not appeal to me.

I had a lower eye lift and my face lift was from my eyes down and did not include my forehead. My neck looks really good but it feels really tight.

I have pictures in my camera that my surgeon took during surgery and it's nasty! My face is peeled back to the middle of my head.

I'm with Oregon Daisy -- I'm worried about my turkey neck!!!! I can see in some before/after pictures now that my face is less round and my cheekbones are beginning to show. I've always thought that the weight made me look older, so I'm hopeful that I'll look alright.

I've heard that it may take a couple of years for my skin to adjust to my size. Anyone else heard that?

How does everyone feel about cosmetic surgery at our age? Anyone done anything?

test

I will be 58 in January. I don't believe i did this, but a few month ago, i went to plastic surgeon, asking what he could do about my turkey neck.(inherited from my mom)

He said he could do this and that...and things would be alot better. I knew i would be having WLS eventually - he said i should not do it until my weight loss, so he can pull all the skin up. BTW it would cost $5,000.00!!!!! Nope i said to myself, i need to get thin, not broke.!!

My surgery is 12/6, can't wait. I'd rather haved a successful weight loss than have cosmetic surgery.

Thanks for the reports girls! I got no money and lots of sags/wrinkles.. but some day I will get some work done...after my body settles in a bit to where it will stay for a while...Im thinking the lower face too Fox.

Yes, I have spent a small fortune on myself. 10,000 for the lap band, 10,000 to have it removed and get sleeved, and now 5,000 for my face lift. Thank goodness I am all done with all of this. I am done spending my kids' inheritance! :tongue2: :biggrin2: