Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

It's been a long time since I posted. I wanted to update my info I've lost about 51 lbs and still have a lot to go but here are some recent pics!

m_5be2896bb5312d053dd710e1c3ead480.jpg

m_74df19bb83b43f136e53fdefaf022231.jpg

Beacheegirl its been a long time. You're looking hot!!!!

Reginia let us know how you are doing. Prayers going your way.

Congrats bamalama on your surgery. We are all a year out. We've enjoyed the journey. Good luck to you.

Beechee! It has been so long since I've read your posts that you have inspired me to finally check in! I'm glad to see your weight loss has come along so well.

I haven't posted in quite a while but I catch up with LBT every week or so. I love reading about my fellow June Bandsters and the awesome progress everyone is making! I recently went back to the posts from the beginning of our journey until now. It was really interesting to see us go from getting aquainted with the band, coming to terms with excercise, the start of the fill process, getting through the holidays, and finally the home stretch to June again. And how about that Vegas trip! Great pics. I'm going next time, where ever it is. What a ride these little silicone bands have brought us through!

I got my third fill in February and I am still where I need to be restriction wise. I am finally to the point where I eat a few bites and I am full. I haven't lost any restriction since and I am grateful for that. It is a liberating feeling to not even consider a donut or bread because of the discomfort I know will come. Okay, I do consider it. But when I do, I usually end up ruling it out shortly after the first bite. Somehow I don't think the cravings will ever completely go away.

I hit 199.5 on the morning of my one year anniversary. It was so strange not to see a 2 or 3 in front of the numbers. That hasn't happened since I was a teenager. I was so excited I cried. My DH thought I was nuts but I guess only us special people can truly understand the signifigance.

Congrats to us all and I look forward to the next year. By the way, a big thank you to all of you dedicated posters who have kept this thread alive. You don't know how much it has inspired me to keep going!

Tricia look at you! You have done a wonderful job. I'm just green over your weight loss and your move into onderland. You don't have much more to go.

Thanks for the kind words about the thread. We often wonder where some of our gang is hiding. Now we know that you guys do keep up with us, but just don't post. Glad you will join us next year.

Third day of fill and so far so good. Went to PCP for blood work today. Should know next week why I'm so tired and excessive urinating. She did test me immediately for diabetes, but that was good. Glad I didn't develop that issue. Having chronic fatigue and fibromalgia makes me panic a little when i get some of those symptoms back again.

My eyes are doing better, but still have some redness on the outer lids. Not sure what that is and forgot to ask the doctor today.

Will start mushies tomorrow. A few more days and I should know whether this fill is too tight or not. I don't feel restricted so I'm thinking we're good.

DH was able to get me a iphone online from Apple. My order is confirmed, expedited shipping. Still don't know exactly when I'll get my new toy, but I'm excited. Not sure why I wanted this so bad, but I did. Now I see all the accessories for it and have to have some. I'll wait until I get the phone and see what I really need.

Have a great weekend.

Back from surgicenter and the news was all good. I was convinced I had a slipped band.

Band in perfect verticle position, absolutely no pouch dilation.

They think I had a virus picked up on the plane ride back from Vegas? I'm very "open" and opted not to go for an unfill. I am very relieved! (I have instructions and a copy of xray in case I do need an unfill)

Thought about you off and on today Regina. Many prayers going your way.

Congrats on onederland Tricia and Beachee. Good to hear from you again. Beachee - you look amazing!

Bama - congrats on your surgery. All the best to you as you begin your journey.

Hey guys just thought I would check in and let you know surgery went VERY good. They knocked me out and I was awake 15 minutes later, yes I said 15 minutes. I didn't even believe I had been asleep. They got the stint out with out any problems. Since he went down through my espophogus he said my band looked great no erosion or anything and pouch was good. He pumped me up a little by telling me that only gaining 6 or 7 lbs when being unfilled for 3 months was awesome. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers guys. I was really nervous.

No on to getting my fill again on Monday, WHAHOO. I will have to retrain myself all over again. Small bites, chew, chew, chew and no more of that bad stuff!!! Hubby and I joined LA fitness this week. Finally have gotten him on the workout train and trying to lose weight, he was up to about 320 and was worrying me, but now he has the scale moving down too and has the weight loss bug, he has lost 40lbs in 2 1/2 months. (boy men can lose so much faster) But I am so proud of him.

To all of you that have checked in after posting so long, you guys have done awesome. Please post more regular, we miss you all!!!!!!!

Glad to hear all went well Reginia. Now back to the program. ;) Glad hubby is joining you. It's more fun with two.

So far so good on fill. I haven't had anything to eat yet, but my coffee is going down just great. I'm leaving for a 90 minute massage. Its hard, but I just have to force myself to indulge. :D

Regina, Pinky, Barb465...........

It's good to hear that everyone is doing good. Regina I am so glad everything is done a going good for you.

Seems like everyone is back on track and ready to get the rest of this weight off. I think we all need to focus more on exercise. I don't intend to have any surgery and I need to get some muscles under some of this saggy skin. I know I'm not 20 anymore and it will never be pretty but it sure can be better than it is. I plan to get back into the Yoga classes to help with the flexibilty and do some strength training. I want to get a personal trainer for a few weeks to be sure I don't hurt something. Hope I can find someone who understands "old" bodies. I'm not looking to be a bodybuilder but I know I can look and feel much better with a little effort on my part.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a good 4th of July.

I just got banded on the 26th I have lost 8 lbs since surgery. I am feeling normal today. sleeping is still a challenge because I like to slepp on my side or face down.

You guys are great I enjoyed reading this thread

Regina - Thanks for posting and congrats on the successful procedure and good news!

We moved to year 2 and it is time to "get on with it". Part of the acid reflux problems I'm having are due to my neglecting H20.

Barbara12 I found a new magazine on women's health. It's called HEALTH and the website is Health.com. I read May's issue in doc's office. The first issue mailed to me was appropriately JUNE and it's been great also.