Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

:update:

Stats for week 3 of Oct Challenge

Regina 7 5 4 (16) Total 41

Genn 7 2 1 (10) Total 34

Barbara4 7 4 3 (14) Total 42

Pinkylee 7 7 3 (17) Total 48

I detect a recurring theme. The fills may have been a b----, but we're gaining control over intake (no one said it had to be fish and spinach)

Anyone else out there who would like to enter stats? Please PM or better yet post and let us know how you're doing - hearing from you helps all of us.

THE LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER CHALLENGE BEGAN ON SUNDAY.

P.S. I took DH up on buying another blouse and retiring the stripes tshirt to housekeeping. Thanks Barbara465 for reminding me that DH thought the blouse was frumpy--not me.

Well, it's been a hard post-op recovery, I keep getting wicked bouts of pain. Much worse to bounce back from than the lap-band surgery was.

It's so great to see new people still joining us, and read all about everyone's changes and clothes fitting differently etc. I wear almost all skirts and dresses and not pants, and have been amazed to notice them all of a sudden seem so much longer. That and a few of the skirts I've been having slide down too much and don't dare wear them. My sister gave me a dress that she wore when pregnant, it's not maternity, but it's a looser style in a size XL, I thought it would be a while before I could wear it. When I looked at the dress my eyes immediately sized it up into the category, of "oh! I won't fit into that for a while" I'm so used to thinking of myself in a bigger size, but since most of my other clothes have gotten too big I tried it on the other day, and it fit! It has a little pull across the chest, but everywhere else it's actually loose! I was stunned. Clothing that came from a not plus size store on my body. w00t!

Now more than ever I can see the difference, when I look in the mirror, when I look down at my own legs, hands, arms, it's so exciting. I'm hoping to get back on being a part of challenges and things for November as I'll be finally settled again a bit more.

The only Oct. challenge for me is having the first halloween in our very first own house. I want to give out tonnes of great candy, since I've never done that before, before we lived in a condo in the city and kids didn't trick or treat in our building. Now we're in family neighbourhood!! The challenge is to have loads of great chocolate and not go crazy on it myself. Here's my plan. - Buy the chocolate halloween afternoon. Give it out, and when the tricker treaters have stopped, if there is a late straggling teen mooching dump the lot on them. At 11pm, all remaining chocolate is going in the trash! Better the waste bin than my hips! I'm also going to ask the neighbours about how many kids to expect so I don't end up with way too much. I am going to let myself indulge though and eat 4 mini bars over the course of the evening. I believe in a little planned splurging. I can't be 'perfect' and I would rather allow it and plan for it, than try not to, do it, and then beat myself up over it. Hopefully the plan will work.... Anyone else have a holiday coping plan for Halloween?

Leila

I can even cross my legs on the bus!!!! That is really exciting because its hard to sit there in just one position.

This has been such a great week for me. I've felt good, seem to have a little restriction, the weather is cool and crisp (was), wearing new clothes, and my hair while still falling out it doesn't seem as much!!!

I plan to have a long walk with DH on Sunday at one of the state parks. I thought a change of scenery would be good.

Leila glad to hear your on the mend. Hang in there the pain will start to go away soon. Just take care of yourself and allow yourself to be pampered. Weight loss can wait until your stronger. Give yourself a chance to mend.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

:cool: Hi all! Boy did I have a bad month and its time to make my confession. Iam happy to have had a total loss as of last month of 40 pounds with out a fill, then why did I blow it all this month with stress eating!

I had a very stressful month maritial wise ( money problems and arguments,you name it it happened!). Without the restriction of having my band filled I went back to my comfort of FOOD! I ate everything and anything especially my enemy MR. SUGAR!

So when I went yesterday for my 4 month follow up I

was totally depressed and not expecting to have lost anything even though I was lying to myself and everyone else that I finally made the 50 pound mark.

I weighted in at 249 which means that I lost 1 pound even though I totally cheated the whole month due to stress eating. Lets face it when I am stress and emotional I eat, that is on of the reasons I got my band to help control my Complusive Overeating and Emotional eating ( My Eating Disorder ).

So my Nurse Practitioner gave me my very first fill of 1cc. I am now on my first 48 hours of liquids and then 48 hours of purees. I have been peeing and pooping ever since my appointment of 4p.m. yesterday.

I actually weighted myself this morning and my digital scale says 245 its that at all possible! My scale is accurate since it says the same weight as the doctors scale( It said 249 yesterday morning and I weighted as 249 at my follow up).

I take this fill as my opportunity to start over and really evaluate what Iam eating and what Iam feeling.

I bought the book "Overcomming Overeating " that someone on this site recommended and Iam looking foward to reading it. I also found some other books that I had purchased on recommendations from my therapist and that have been helpful.

You know that old phrase "Its not what your eating , Its what's eating you"-- That is what I have to work on for this month !

So if you want to add me to Octobers tally of weight loss Iam down 45 pounds now !

Thanks for letting me finally confess my flaw to you all. You all are a great bunch of ladies!

Love and hugs,

Lisa

Lisa good to hear from you. Your confession is all of our stories. Most of us I would say are emotional eaters. Recognizing the triggers and stopping the behavior are key to our success. I find myself wanting to graze at night. I have to recognize the activity as boredom and go do something to stop myself. Work on your triggers and find others way to comfort yourself.

I found Dr. Phil's book had some good advice in it as well. He has you do some soul searching to find the "what's eating you" syndrome. Keep up the great work though. Your weight loss is right in line of where you should be.

Fills can start a whole new perspective on the lapband. Recognize that you now may start to have issues with it until you get the right fill.

Lisa good to hear from you. Your confession is all of our stories. Most of us I would say are emotional eaters. Recognizing the triggers and stopping the behavior are key to our success. I find myself wanting to graze at night. I have to recognize the activity as boredom and go do something to stop myself. Work on your triggers and find others way to comfort yourself.

I found Dr. Phil's book had some good advice in it as well. He has you do some soul searching to find the "what's eating you" syndrome. Keep up the great work though. Your weight loss is right in line of where you should be.

Fills can start a whole new perspective on the lapband. Recognize that you now may start to have issues with it until you get the right fill.

Barbara:

Thanks so much for the vote of encouragement. I also have Dr. Phil's book among other's. I seem to beat myself up all the time for every little thing. I need to realize the life does not always goes as planned and as my mom always say's "Do not sweat the small stuff"!

Being an emotional eater is hard, its took me 36 years to get this fat and its not going to come off overnight ( If I had that solution figured out I would be rich!)

The one thing I have loved to do since I was a child is read! Iam what I call myself a a book addict!( Iam also a food addict but this one is better!-lol).

I love to read and I read at least 3 books a month and to me its a great joy! ( Barnes and Nobles and Amazon.com are getting rich by me).

Thats why Iam looking into books to try to do some research on finding ways to heal my emotional eating .

Thanks for the Dr.Phil suggestion, I forgot about his book.

Love and Hugs,:)

Lisa

Maybe it's something in the air. I've been having a terrible week. I think like Barbara says it's boredom. Now that my travels are behind me I don't have anything exciting to look forward to and I'm taking it out on myself by eating and eating and eating. It's that old emotional stuff and has nothing to do with hunger. Now the weather today is not helping. I had to force myself to get up and shower and dress today. I am planning a trip to the mall for a haircut and some shopping.........now I worry that I will become obsessive about shopping or some other evil. This too shall pass.

My cholesterol is down 24 points! It was at 200 which is kinda borderline, but my good cholesterol was high, so it wasn't really "bad". Now it is 176! Yeah!:)

:update:

Socalgal! Congrats, wow that is great news. I agree it is refreshing to hear about a joy like this to remind us why we really got the lap band.

I have some news of my own to share. I went back to the Dr. today dreading the weigh-in. If you remember I hadn't lost any weight in more than 7 weeks, and I was really down about it. But since my appointment 3 weeks ago, I have lost 3 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooooooooo happy! Hopefully I am over my hump and will start losing again. Thanks to all of you for sticking with me. It really is a battle of the mind as well as the body. It was so tempting, in my depressed state, to eat everything. But I am glad that is over.

My 6th wedding anniversary is Saturday and now I can happily Celebrate with my dh! We are going Christmas shopping and out to dinner. Boy I am relieved. Thanks again ladies! Take care everyone.

Big hugs to all my junebies!!

:) :)

:think Hi ladies! Iam on my second day of liquids since my first fill on Wednesday (after 4.5 months post-op) and its has not been all that good. I now have a terrible sinus infection :sick. Iam now on Zithramax which when I had a sinus infection 2 months a go( I have sinutitis), made my stomach so upset. It also helped my weight loss since I had the runs most of the time :tired.

Tomorrow I start on two days of purees which is not to bad since at least its FOOD! I just wish I did not have a sinus infection since I think it would make this whole "cleanse " much better.

Iam so happy to see that the group did so well this month on your weight loss journey's.

I also had a great moment when I tried on a old winter jacket my hubby bought me two years ago that never fit and now it fits but is a little snug. At least I can zip it which I was unable to do before. I bet by the end of November I can no only zip it but wear it with comfort. Thats my mini goal right now, I love it, its lavendar and has nice warm fleece in it!

I hope you all have a nice weekend! Here in NY we expect a Noreaster with lost of rain -YUCK!

Love,and hugs,

Lisa