Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Yes I can cross my legs as well and I remember when I first did it I about died. Doing things that were not possible or comfortable before and finding out you can do them now is wonderful and makes it all worth while, even though I'm having a hugh amount of trouble eating anything now it is all worth while.

To this date I have lost 34 pounds and I do attribute it to finally starting the excercise program I'm doing now. I know that 34 pounds is not alot of weight considering what I have to go, but boy it sure has made a big difference in the way I feel.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling healthy

I'm in beautiful California visiting my sister and family. She has a view to envy and I'm headed out to read a book.

Did I mention that Californian's like their wine?

Carol, I'm curious. What is your exercise program that jumpstarted your loss? AFter this weekend, I may need it.

I'm in beautiful California visiting my sister and family. She has a view to envy and I'm headed out to read a book.

Did I mention that Californian's like their wine?

Carol, I'm curious. What is your exercise program that jumpstarted your loss? AFter this weekend, I may need it.

I started on my treadclimber(Bowflex), I was joking the other day telling my DH that the belts were going to short out from the sweat coming off my body.lol

My stress lever has been to the moon lately and I feel it is helping out with that as well. :)

Hello to all. This is my first post. Just found the site last night and I have been reading all day!!! I was banded June 28 in Dallas, by Dr. McCarty and have lost 38 lbs. I never eat in the mornings and going to lunch with co-workers is NOT fun, since I have to excuse myself from the table every time to get rid of the couple of bites I get down. The slime is a killer!! Evenings are much better. I can actually eat! Sad to say that ice cream and milk sure taste good and stay down! I have been stuck at 240 for the past two weeks... I am getting so frusterated. I was due for a fill at the beginning of October, but missed my appt. I need to go in for one, but have been unwilling, since I can't keep anything down as it is... Any suggestions? Also, can someone please tell me how to get the weight ticker to show up under your name? I tried but am not sure how to make it work, :) I am so happy to have found others that had LB the same time as I did to share your experiences with!!

Hi MommaTrammel --

Glad that you found our Junebie group here. I think we are a great bunch of people.

As for your fill, sounds to me that you may need a slight unfill if you have already had a fill. If you can't keep down what you eat, getting tighter will not help.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Melissa Lea

Welcome MommaTramel. Glad you found us.

I had a good weekend, but I ate chocolate. I haven't done that since banding. Over the 2 days I had 4 bite size candy bars and a couple hand fulls of M&Ms. I was just craving it. I'm also able to eat again way too much. I scheduled a fill for next week. Maybe just a tiny one will do the trick.

I haven't exercised all week. I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm really being bad!

Hope everyone has a good week. The time change is really nice for me in the mornings, but depressing at night. I like going to work in daylight, but coming home in the dark is not good. :)

Welcome new Junebie!

Barbara465, I'm with ya regarding the time change, exercise and chocolate! I am going for a fill on Wednesday. I haven't lost any weight since I got home from Vegas. I'm lucky I haven't gained.

I started exercising again this morning. I didn't do much, but just getting up and moving is a new thing for me. I'll do better every day! If I'm going to make Onederland by Christmas I've got to get serious!

Have a great week everyone!

Ok, now I need a kick in the butt! I have been doing poorly this past couple of weeks. I just get so tired of fighting with this darned band. I have found my self taking the "path of least resistance." The bad stuff goes down easily, and that's what I have eaten. For three weeks. Since my last fill I have been pretty tight. It took 3 weeks to realize that I'm not too tight. I just need to slow down and chew, chew, chew.

Meanwhile, I have slipped into my old ways. I used to be compulsive about charting what I ate, rarely eating sweets, always getting my Protein and veggies. Now I find myself eating without thinking of the consequences again. Just like before banding, and I'm getting scared I will sabotoge myself. :nervous

I drank a milkshake yesterday and when I was done I thought about what I did and was shocked. I drank it without my usual internal warning system kicking in. My only thought was that it will go down easy.

Please, some stern, encouraging words are needed. I am beginning to doubt my ability to go for the long haul. Goal just seems to be a dream for someone else.

Here is your official kick in your @###. We all slip from time to time. Don't dwell on it. Pick yourself up and move on. Remove temptation from the house. At least you will have to go out for it and may think twice. You must eat the hard Protein to get results. You know this and you can do it.

I have to tell myself this as well. I've been in some kind of spiral for the last few days. I am really hungry. I mean really hungry. I thought maybe the fill had drained out. Today I was eating just a little Cereal and golf ball. I was able to recover from it easily enough after 15 minutes, no PB. Now I know I still have fill. That's good to know, but I was eating too fast. That's never happened before so I need to get myself back in control.

Do you think its the change in weather? I do and the fact that we've had success. Maybe our head's are trying to sabbotage us.

I vow to do better the rest of the day and onward. I've been officialy kicked into action as well. :)

Oh my gosh! Halloween candy is everywhere here at work. It was in my mail box this morning. They have our entire kitchen table in the break room filled with Cookies, cakes, candies, sodas. On the positive side, I'm fighting a terrible Migraine today and feeling a little naseous. So I'm not wanting to eat any of that stuff. Hell, when your in this much pain, any positive will keep you from holding a gun to your head.

Happy Halloween!

Melissa Lea

Melissa that was me yesterday. I never get headaches, but it was a dousey. I went to bed at 8 last night. This morning I asked DH to give me a slight massage in my shoulders. My headache started easing. I hope yours goes away soon, but maybe after Halloween goodies are gone. :)

Well, no goodies thus far today. Infact, I was so nauseated from my Migraine I didn't even eat lunch today. I did manage to eat a small fruit cup about 45 minutes ago. I had to get something in me, I was feeling too weak and jittery. Forget liquids, I barely had 3 cups of anything to drink. At least I'm not feeling dehydrated yet.

I will soon leave work and dope up on imitrex and vicodin. So off to la la land I go.

Happy Halloween!

Regina, I really let my guard down and I had about five of the snack size skittles and now I'm done. A little let-down from the mini vacation. I'm ready for a fresh start.

Get better Melissa.