Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I see a new number today - 207. Down 4 lbs with the PBs. What a way to lose. I don't think I can hold out much longer. I will try today and see where it takes me. On liquids once again.

Barbara4 - Bummer, but YEAH!!!! If you have to struggle, you may as well lose! I'll be sending positive thoughts that you make it thru.

I'm not losing, but the sugar bowl behaved itself this weekend! What a relief!

The Michigan house continues it's own story, but I've written the end and a lovely deserving family will own and live in a bright cheerful home. Three families have occupied 5402 Wanetah and all 3 have been happy there. We will be in Michigan by mid-August or sooner and I look forward to being in our home one more time.

My new granddaughter could use some prayer. She is slipping into a depression and seems to have a continual skin rash or spider bite, etc. It's heartbreaking to see a 12 year old so unhappy! This should be a happy carefree time. She was "on the edge" of some gang related activity last year.

Regina - what's up with your journey. I'm worried about your "working out" thru the pain. You look fantastic and will continue to look amazing even if you do take a break to heal. Please be careful!

Moma - still thinking about you too. Keep us posted.

I don't want to name names, but we miss hearing from you guys. Cathygr8, Dancing Queen, Poodles and so many others.

Hello, just checking in after the roll call and reminder from Pinkylee. I'm on a bit of a plateau here. I was hoping to have lost 100 lbs before my BF takes me to Vegas this weekend, but I don't think it's in the cards. I keep going up three and then down three. My problem (it's a nice problem, I'll allow) is BF comes down every Friday and spends the weekend. Each weekend is like a mini vacation, so we go out to eat and have a cocktail here and there, so I'm not monitoring my calories too well.

I was trying to get a new job, but it turns out I'm as highly paid as possible in my position, so the new job had everything I wanted except enough money. Guess I'm stuck for now with an unpleasant boss and work environment, got bills to pay and all that. Dreading the call to decline the offer today.

My kids are also talking to each other about how I'm never home anymore when they need me. When I had the surgery, the timing was partly because they were making their own lives and I knew if I was going to get back out there, I had to feel better about how I looked. Now that I do have a life, they miss me sitting on the couch every night and all weekend in case they might have a few spare minutes to talk to me.

Hope those with challenges get through them OK, I do read this thread every day even when I have little to report.

I am here, going to get another fill today. Haven't posted much, my personal life has been kinda in the crapper lately. My hubby is going through one of his depressed times again, and it always affects the whole family. I get VERY angry during this time. Don't get me wrong, I understand his depression and that is not what makes me angry. What does is the fact that he won't do ANYTHING about it. He won't go and talk to anyone, or take medication, see a doctor nothing, he just wants to wallow in it and hurt all of us in the process. It's that male pride thing that irritates the he$$ out of me.

Anyways, back to me, I have been doing ok, I can still eat way to much, hopefully that will change after today, I have been faithfully working out though. My abs are getting stronger pinky so the pain has subsided. Thanks for worrying about me though. I knew when I started working those ab muscles again it was going to be hard. They tore them up during all those surgeries. I am taking a circuit boxing class on Thursday nights, and last week I was sooo mad at DH that I beat that bag so hard, he was lucky it wasn't him, LOL.

Momma, you haven't missed anything. I was still thinking about doing something in August, it has just been so hectic lately I haven't been able to do anything.

Got a question for everyone, my lap band doctor is the one who performed my gallbladder surgery on me that went so horribly wrong, he has apologized and said he don't know what went wrong. he even has extended my free fills for another year. here is my delima, I have about $1500 in added hospital and doctor bills from the mess up, and I am having a really hard time paying for it. Should I talk to him about it? I don't know what to do, I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place since he is my band doc, but the financial stress is killing me. What would you all do? Any advice or suggestions are welcome...

Regina - I may be the wrong one to ask. DD is a personal injury attorney out of Chicago. Her advice is always, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't ask Doc to forgive the debt unless you are ready to sign a waiver to absolve him from any further complications. If he's not charging you interest, stall! Make sure you are totally healed from this b4 you pursue any negotiations. You could need more help than $1500.

I am not advising you to seek damages. Unless your life is drastically diminished, a lawsuit puts you in a negative frame of mind for the duration of the suit, which can take years. It also forces you to look back on a difficult situation.

Way to go on "attacking" in the right way. You are inspiring!

The problem is that he was out of town when all he$$ broke lose after my gallbladder surgeries, so the debt is not to him. It is to other doctors and the hospital....

I love my band doc and i know that it was a mistake not intentional, but I can't pay these bills...

That's a clearer picture. Ask these debtors for no-interest payment plans. Offer to pay l% of the bill until your next pay increase. Don't delay. You'll get your best "deals" sooner rather than later.

Hi everyone, it's been a loooong time since I logged in. I got married, gained 4 lbs, lost 4 lbs, gained 4 lbs, etc. But I'm happy and fat *LOL*. I had gotten a little unfill pre-wedding and honeymoon, and got refilled last week to the same level I was before...but for some reason it feels so much tighter than it was before the slight unfill? I'm kind of wading through liquids and softs mushies right now because of the tightness. Not sure if I should go back and get a tiny unfill or ride it out (I was at 2.0 before without this level of restriction).

So during my honeymoon you guys went to Vegas right? How was that? Hope you had a wonderful time.

I am off to try to drink a Protein Drink. have a great day!

WarmMorningSun- Aimee:

I remember you were getting married, but you have not been on for so long, welcome back!

Congratulations!

So... where are the Wedding pics for us to see?

By the way this is LeeceLove70 under my new name since I was having problems logging in under LeeceLove70.

So, how has married live been treating you? How was your honeymoon ?

You have to update us on how you have been, we have missed you !

Go back to the old posts, those who went to Vegas had a blast as per looking at their pictures from the trip!

Welcome back girlfriend!

Love, Hugs and friendship,

Lisa

Hi Junebies,

Yesterday I wrote that I was dreading turning down a great new job hat wasn't going to pay enough. Today I'm dreading giving notice at the old job. When I told the new boss I couldn't take a pay cut, he matched my current salary. I tell you, since I had the surgery and started regaining some self confidence, everything seems to be going my way. I don't think it's just coincidence. Anybody else having this kind of experience?

here are a few wedding pics....i'm the bride :) my little girl is 5 and she is beautiful in my humble opinion. I can post before pics later today. thanks lisa!

directions to see pics....Sorry it's a bit detailed....

Website is www.thompsonphotography.org

Click "Menu", and on the drop down box, click "Online Proofing". A separate opaque box will come up. Click "Click here to view our online proofing"

Type "Troxclair" for the event name field. When the next screen asks for password, the password is atroxclair.

Once you're in the event, click on "view by category" and you'll see the different categories and pictures (ceremony, reception, etc)

Cathy! What great news! I think you are right about things going better for us. Our self confidence just attracts good things. Good luck in your new job and please be happy..........that's really all that matters.

Now I'm going to go see if I can look at these wedding pictures!

BEAUTIFUL wedding pictures..........especially that skinny bride. Congratulations.

The link did not work but if you type the photo address it works great.