Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I hear you reginia. I get so hungry, but now i'm getting stuck more and more. I have no self control and I'm eating easy fattening food.< /p>

Did go to Curves tonight. I lost a lb of fat, but gained a few inches in my arms. I knew that flab was growing!!

Got to keep going on this journey. I've made a few detours, but I think I'm on the main road again. ;)

Tai Chi class tonight. I definitely get a workout with that class. I sweat. I go to curves and nothing. Guess I'll keep tai Chi in my schedule for another month or two.

I could eat today. I didn't have any trouble. I had chili for lunch, but chicken for dinner. I am starving all the time now. I would think I didn't have a fill if it wasn't for the PBs. I don't think I've slipped, but something is different. I'm also finding it harder to hold off on my cravings. I want a little bit of everything and eat when I'm not hungry. I think I am experiencing some depression and going back to old behaviors.

Hey! Where is everyone? We are all approaching our bandiversaries and we need to get motivated to get rid of those final pounds! I have been slacking big time! I may go for a fill on the 6th or 18th. I haven't decided yet. I am excited for VEGAS!!! I'm off for the summer starting June 16 til Aug. 20, so without the stress of work, I am determined to exercise and eat better. I have been good about my Water and not drinking soda. I have been avoiding coffee too because I think it was irritating my pouch. Post and let us know how you are!!

I know eveyone is just dropping off. I hope that everyone isn't in a slump, but more they are busy. Don't forget that it would be fun to post your before and after picture on here on your anniversary date. It will be fun to see everyone.

I have been having more stuck moments. I've never had this before. Once it clears though I'm hungry as a horse. I'm picking more at night and I've got to stop. I'm 12 lbs away from onederland and I've been here for 2 months.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I've been bad and not written in a bit of time. I've been super busy with my new job. The adjustment is slow and stressful.

I hear you loud and clear Barbara --I too am experiencing some of the same eating problems, old cravings that you are having. I am at a bit of a plateu at this time. stuck at 196 lbs. However, I did buy a size 14 skirt just 2 weeks ago. I might wear it in Vegas for Celine night. CAN NOT WAIT FOR VEGAS!!

Now that my ankle is feeling a bit better I am going to try and go walking tomorrow morning. I need to get back in my exercise routine (what little I did have).

I think people are still around on the boards. And your right socalgal ...we need more motivation now than ever as we reach our 1 year mark. I had hoped to be aobut 20 pounds lighter than I will be at my one year mark. But I know that I can still lose all the weight that I plan on losing.

Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to keep up a little better.

Melissa Lea

Lets post ......this was actually very motivational for me. This is the first time that I have sat down and really taken a good look at my pics.

First, apologies if the sizes are too big. I don't know how to make smaller (using photo bucket).

This picture was taken July 2006 in Vegas about 5 weeks after surgery. Weight about 233 lbs.

melissa2.jpg

This Pic was taken Sept 2006 in Hawaii. Weight about 222 lbs.

DSCF0128.jpg

Again --sorry that they are so big .......

All of these pics were taken last week in Cabo last week, May 2007. Weight 196 lbs.

DSCF0613.jpg

CAMREVQD.jpg

Sorry this one is blury ...but you can see my shape. I have some shape!!!! Yipeee!!!! Not a butterball anymore.

DSCF0639.jpg

Melissa,

You look FANTASTIC! And how awesome is the pic with you and your "friends"!!

I am waiting until my anniversary to post... end of June. I am REALLY hoping to take off another 10 lbs this month and be a SOLID 190. I am still floating between 195 & 200. Sometimes even up to 203. It is SO frusterating! I am tighter than ever, am eating NOTHING, but can't seem to move the darn scales! I went to the gym 3 times this week and walked outside twice. Maybe the exercise will kick in some weight loss. Week long family reunion in Branson/Tablerock Lake at the end of the month. I can't wait! I haven't seen family in two years. They dont know about my surgery. Their reaction will be fun! Since everything therevolves around boats and Water, I will feel beter than ever this time, unlike years past when I was too fat to enjoy!

Regina, We'll be sending prayers your way! You sure have been through alot, heres to a speedy recovery!

Hoping for some sunshine this weekend. Love the rain, but enough is enough! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Misty

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I saw this forum and wanted to know what it is like 1 yr after the band. Melissa Lea you look fantastic! I hope I have great results like you. I think I was a little bit shocked after reading some of the postings. It still seems that I will be struggling with the same issues I do now of feeling hungry and wanting to eat 1 yr from now. I know the band is just a tool, but I was sure hoping that I would not focus on food and wanting to eat all the time. :nervous

Current Weight 325 , 5'7"

WOW Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look fantastic. Just in a few months since we last saw you what a change. I can't wait to see you in Vegas in person. Thanks for posting the pics. I can't wait to see everyone else on their anniversary dates. This will be such fun.

Yes Snoopy I'm afraid that this journey is one of constant monitoring. The old cravings don't go away. Some do, but they are replaced with other challenges. :o All in all for me this has been a pleasant one. However, roadblocks are killers!!! Good luck to you.

I am on a new path to rid myself of these 12 lbs. I want to reach onederland by July 4th. I can do this. I know I can.

Weather is beautiful in Houston today. I'm going to curves, then a 90 minute massage, and then to get my nails and toes done. Hubby has to wait at home for the cable guy. Tomorrow we are going shopping. :)

Awww, Thank you all for the compliments. My aniversary date isn't until June 9th (7 days), but I decided to post now. I'm glad that I did. Because like I said, this was the first time I actually sat down and looked at my pics over the year. This is the first time that I can actually see the difference in me.

Well, now that i'm up and ate a little Cereal, going to go walking. This should be fun. Just gonna walk around the apartments today. Don't want to over do it.

Snoopy, We all have our demons when it comes to food. Barbara is right, we let some bad habits go but then we replace it with others. It takes support to get through this journey. I think if the June 2006 band crew can give you any words of wisdom it would be this .....do not compare your weight loss to anyone else's. We all lose weight at our on pace. And, the band is a Journey, not a quick fix.

Best wishes to all. I can't wait to see other's pics.

Melissa Lea

Melissa Lea

Thanks for the responses. You are right it is a journey. I'm just going through all kinds of emotions right now, but I know this is normal. I will go back over to the June 2007 bandster forum, just wanted to check in and see what the future holds. Congrats to you all on your upcoming anniversary! What an amazing year for you and many more to come.

Snoopy:clap2:

Hello All,

I need encouragement!!! I have exercised EVERY day, watch what I eat and I CAN NOT drop any more weight. Do you all think one year and that is IT? No more weight loss? Is there a point where you just STOP loosing, even when you have much more to go??? What do you all think?

Well, I just got home from a day in the hospital with my brother. He had a heart attack complicated from a valve problem. He is going to need some major modifications to his lifestyle/medicine and if that does not work a valve replacement. He scared the snot out of all of us.

Still have a few days left in school... Friday can not come soon enough.

My bandiversary is on the 5th and I am down 28 lbs for the year. Better than nothing, I guess. I am totally off sugar again, and after today, I am motivated to get refilled and try again. Hopefully, I will not end up in the hospital like my brother.

Hope all is well in bandland for you guys/gals!

To Momma Trammell: you know, I think it takes some of us longer , maybe 2 years to get it all off. I have talked to a few that it took that long, so don't be discouraged, it will come off. Our calorie intake is so much less than it was before the band. I am in at 11 months and I have only lost half of my weight and I can hardly eat anything. I don't exercise enough but I plan to join Curves this week. I am too far into this journey to give up! So lets cheer up an keep truckin, girl!