Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

OK now tell me how to get our thread to view on my screen without me having to scroll left and right. What's going on.

I heard from Barbara12 today. We're still a go. Lucymann told me she was real busy, but she paid for Celine so I'm assuming she's still going. Pinkylee, Melissa, and I are definites. I think we're OK. We're working on the suite now. When is everyone arriving? Barbara12, Pinkylee, and I are coming in Thursday morning. Melissa comes in Friday morning. What about you socal?

I love cruises and they are lots of fun. I've been on about 9 and now I've got my DH loving them as well. We've been on 2 and have already booked our 3rd.

I think the large photos were stretching the screen Barb because this page is back to normal. I get in to Vegas Thursday afternoon.

Yes I think you're right. When I come in now its back to normal. Thank goodness because I was going wacko having to scroll left and right. :)

Great news about your Thursday afternoon arrival. PM me your full name, cell phone, etc so I can add your name to the suite when I register and you can call and we can call you so we can get keys etc. We can't register for the suite until 4 so we'll be hanging around Las Vegas until then. :(

Haven't posted in a very long time but wanted to wish you all the best on this 1st milestone. I recognize most of the names from when I joined! What a loyal group. This band is crazy and scares me sometimes but I wouldn't change it for anything. You NEVER know what or when you can eat, you waste money on food and I eat way too much bad foo sweets, mashed potatoes, chips, fried foods) because they almost always go down. I would love to eat a steak, sandwich or an diner Breakfast again! I've been unfilled since Feb now and feel as tight as when I had 1.9 in..... Scared to go see whats going on since I dont think I should be this tight or pbing if I'm unfilled. Just dont want to lose the band it is such a great tool!

Nice to see you are all still here and have a great weekend here in Vegas. The weather is wonderful right now. Actually chilly....

Take care,

Cheryl (stella)

You guys who posted pics all look awesome, I will try to post a pic soon. Today is my 1 year!!! Man it went by fast...

I have been unfilled since May 11th and it is sooo hard, but when i got unfilled I was 160, and I am now 158, so I am maintaining, even though I was down to 154 after I got out of the hospital...

I hope you guys have a blast in Vegas, are ya'll going next week?

We arrive in Vegas on June 21-my bday! I'll PM my info. to you right now Barb.

Congrats on the bandiversaries Stella and Regina!

I was banded one year ago yesterday. I am down a total of 56 lbs from my high of 282. I am down 2 sizes on the bottom and 3 on top. My goal is about 50 more lbs and a size 16. I really love my band. I don't think I could have lost this weight without it. Julie

Congrats on your weight loss juliegraci!!

I think everyone has done just splendid. I can't wait to see some other peoples pics.

For those of us that still have a bit to loose (like me); let's use this month to re-motivate. I know I needed to be re-motivated. I think I am just as guilty to the point I am about to make ....since I haven't reached my goal in one year I was feeling a bit like a failure. I AM NOT A FAILURE. I've lost 50+ pounds this past year and DAMN PROUD OF IT! So no matter what you have lost ....be proud, stand tall!

Melissa Lea

Congrats to everyone. I love hearing from some of you we haven't in a while and just love the pics. Keep them coming.

I'm gratefull for what I've lost and hopefull that I can lose more. Its been an interesting journey. I'll post pics on the 13th.

Have a great weekend everyone

What a great bunch of friends and posts!!!!

Stella - I've definitely slipped into a comfortable "bad for you food" habit - because I can. Ditto on "not wanting to lose the band".

What about one more Water challenge? No need to post or confess.

Barbara4 and I shared some super nachos and a basket of chips a few days ago and LOL we congratulated ourselves on leaving some on the plate. Last year at this time, I would have eaten a bowl of chips and an entire order of nachos. Now it's half of that - plus we left some behind!!!

I'm more worried about the volume of food I'm trying to consume rather than the choices. I feel a lot more guilty about the big bowl of gumbo I had last night. More healthy than the nachos, but somehow my band radar tells me if I can stick with small portions I'll have less problems.

Yippeeee for our new life!!!!!!

Today is my bandiversary. I woke up and weighed in, very pleased that I have lost 6 pounds this month. Congratulations to all of us Junebies. Just think of how much healthier and happier we are after just one year. I've been lucky to lose quickly, but even smaller amounts have such a big impact on our health and self esteem. We did a great thing for ourselves ladies! I'm having thr BF take an anniversary pic today, and i'll try to get it on here. Have a great weekend all!

Back from the hospital with my brother. He is doing better, but gives us all a warning... "don't let it happen to you." What ever the cost, what ever the pain/inconvenience/trouble/cost, don't let it happen to you.

While sitting in the waiting room, reading books, I have found out a ton of interesting things about insulin and heart conditions. Have found out that the Protein Shake I drink every morning, although low carb, actually raises my insulin production (whey Protein btw), soy does too, turkey also does it, and the theory is that artificial sweeteners do it too, because the tounge tastes sweet, so the body puts out insulin to counteract it. It can not tell the difference. (This is all from the "carb addicts guide to a healthy heart", btw)

So now I am trying to find a new breakfast shake. Going to try "Super Green Foods" tomorrow, all say on the label "heart friendly, cardiovasular health, good for cellular health", etc. Restorative, Concentrated Super-Food you know. If you have any experience with this please let me know. Bought three sample packs to try them out.

Will let you know how the "no sugar, no artificial sugar goes".

You know, the biggest "b" of all of this, is that my brother (and all us kids) don't smoke like our parents, don't have high cholesterol, or diabetes, and we are healthy other than our hearts. Exact quote from my brothers doctor, "Its weird, he is not all fat, there is a ton of muscle there, I can't explain it, since he is a body builder/nonsmoker/non-diabetic, guess the only thing is genetics." I just need the word "screwed" tatooed on my forehead, I guess.

But, I am newly committed, since I promised my brother today to do everything possible to lose weight and avoid heart surgery. I am going to get off my bum, and do what the book says for FOUR days minimum (that is what they ask for) Will let you know how I fare on the Fifth day.

Going to see my doctor on Monday, to see if I have the "genetic" valve thing my brother has (and just found out he has at age 44).

Be well fellow Junebies....

Tried to edit, but it just gave me smiley faces...

Wanted to add I have officially lost 23 lbs in my year, guess it beats a kick to the head...

Okay, that was my surgery day photo. I'll try to do a side by side so you can try to see some improvement! I'm not too good at posting, so I apologize. I hope everyone is having a good start to the week and had a good weekend.