Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I hate to read that some of you are getting so discouraged. Hang in there. Pinkylee hit the nail on the head. I have had very good success so far but I have worked really hard for it. I drink nothing but Water. I joined a gym and was going 3 to 5 times weekly. The past few weeks I have been unable to go and my weight loss went fromn 1/2 lb per day to 1/2 lb every 3 days. I believe that exercise is the key. I also read the lable of everything I eat. After i read it I decide do I really want it that bad. This will generally keep me from eating it. Another thing I did that helped me was using a diet diary. Log everything you eat and count those calories. You might be surprised how much you take in.

I had to lose over 50 lbs before anyone noticed. Now at 68 lbs EVERYONE notices. That is a high that is better than any food.< /p>

I was on anti-depressents. I dreaded waking up in the morning and it took all my energy just to get out of bed. Some days I didn't even get up. Now I look forward to each day.

I wish I could help all of you that are getting discouraged. I want everyone to feel as good as I do. For the first time in many many years I am starting to enjoy life again.

Well I'm glad to report I have not had to pb for 3 days now. But this is how I have to eat....I take a few bites then go do something so I'm not tempted to take another bite, then after I go put up dishes or something I come back to the food and take a couple of more little bites, go do something else. This has kept me from pbing but it is an awful way to eat. Needless to say the food gets cold so have to warm it up several times before finishing. I really am ready to live like this if it saves me from the pbing, I will do anything to avoid that kind of horrid feeling. I need to start working out more but have been very busy painting the house lately and not into working out considering the pain I feel after the painting is done. I have lost though in the last week it seems like I was stuck on 260 forever I know it was at least 2 months of seeing that same number.

In contrast I can now eat almost anything and by that I mean I can get down without pbing grape skins, salmon and other Proteins that used to cause me trouble. I'm feeling very little restriction, consequently I only lost 5 lbs of my Sept. 8 lb goal. I go in for another fill Oct 8.

Good luck with those scales, Carol, I hope they keep on moving for you. There's got to be some payoff for all that, hey?

One of the things that frustrates me is that when I do come here to vent, it seems to be assumed that one who isn't losing is doing something wrong. I log my food religiously on SparkPeople, see my personal trainer twice a week and go to the gym on my own 3 times a week. I haven't had soda since June, don't drink with meals and drink at least 8 glasses of pure Water every day. Yet, I only lost 4 pounds in September. I know the scale isn't the only indicator of success, so yes I measure inches as well. I'm not trying to be a downer on anyone. I am very happy with my weight loss so far, but yes I get frustrated and come here to vent.

I'm back. Had a good time, but so glad to be home. Just unpacked and thought I would get caught up here. Haven't weighed yet. Did well on the trip. However, I missed some meals and don't feel I got my Protein in as I wanted. I was able to share some meals when out so that helps. No incidents and still can eat too much. Go for a fill on Tuesday.

Sorry to hear so many are having issues. I don't know what the answers are either, but here for support if you need it. I don't think we should be Pbing so much. I eat very slow. Yes, sometimes my food gets cold, but I'm learning to deal with it. Watch reheating your meals as the meat may be getting tough and that will cause a PB.

I don't think I've lost weight now for a few weeks, but my clothes feel better. Maybe I'm just redistributing it! :)

Tired so will sign off tonight. Got most of my 1st day of October challenge in.

Thanks for all the encouraging words Gals. I appreciate it.

I went out to lunch today with my niece, and at the first bite that made me burp I stopped eating. Brought home 3/4 of what I ordered - salad.< /p>

It was balsamic chicken... and I was chewing. chewing. chewing.

I'm starting to care so very little about food.

I'm not giving up, or in, and I'm going to try not to vent all the bad as much.

Happy October!

I wanted to tell you about one of the ladies that was with me this weekend in Hilton Head. She was banded many years ago by Dr. Molina. She lost weight and then started feeling bad. She went a year and then started gaining weight. By that time her doctor had died so she found another one. They determined that her band was eroded so they took it out. She waited 3 months and they put another one in. She lost her weight and is now maintaining.

The really strange thing is she knows nothing of right or wrong eating with the band, only had 3 adjustments and no problems with them, no exercising, etc. She eats everything. She doesn't eat as much, but her daily intake includes a Dove ice cream bar everyday. She eats bread, Desserts, juices, and I didn't see her drinking Water. I just was shocked. Then I thought, maybe she has the right idea. Ignorance is bliss and she seems to have survived.

Here we all are, worried trying to do everything right, and you meet someone like that. She never heard of websites, fluro fills, pbing. She has gotten the golf ball, but she just stops. I think she might have experienced sliming and pbing, but didn't know that's what we call it or didn't seem to suffer much.

I felt a nice little tightening as a result of flying. Now if I could get this little bit of restriction from a fill I would be very happy. It was not much, not painful, and no problems. I just felt full and stopped eating. It lasts for a day or two and then gradually back to normal. I lost about 1 1/2 lbs so I'm back to where I started from the last unfill I think. I'll know tomorrow when they weigh me.

I'm doing the October challenge and see what that will do for me. I will be on liquids starting tomorrow so it will be a little more difficult to get the calories in, but I will somehow.

Hope this week is better for some that are having a hard time.

Happy Monday everyone! Got back late last night. Had a crazy time with sisters and family at my cousin's wedding! Ooops. Yesterday was officially still vacation--so October Challenge begins today for me.

Carol--My PB's aren't as bad or constant as yours--but I go from PB to wide open. I never seem to PB when I chew stuff to smitherines--which is also slow eating. Sigh. I am guilty of mindless eating. Some days I would like another fill--others an unfill. Congrats on saying good by to 260.

I'm hoping to stick with the "eat no more than 6 ounces of food at one meal" rule of my doc's during October challenge.

It seems that most Junesters are not particularly fast losers. (was there some weird moon cycle thing going on in June of 2006?) One thing for sure--if we keep faithful to the big three--water, exercise and lo cals, we will lose. And some day--we will get to the sweet spot of fills. Perhaps the difficulties we have today will make us stronger for maintenance after we get to goal.

One more word for those pesky numbers on the scale. When you see a lower number--claim it. It will probably run and hide for a while--but it will come back. Unless you're eating milkshakes and candy bars, the lost number is floating in excess Fluid in your body and it's coming back.

Forgive me if I sound like I don't like venting--we all need to vent, but when you vent, expect us to cajole you back into working with the band. I hope you'll do the same for me.

Happy Monday guys,

Well I posted for the October challenge, do have a question though, the 1200 calories, it is UNDER 1200 right? I am getting a fill today and doubt if I can get 1200 in liquids in, but I'll try. OK NSV time:

I actually can get into a regular size.........14, WHAHOO!!!!!

I can get into the rider's stretch jeans size......12!!!!!

I bought a pair a boots this weekend, the tall cute one's, I have never been able to zip them up over my calfs, well I can now..... WHAHOO!

Now confession time: How come when I am home on weekends I can't seem to make myself drink Water? I either drink tea or nothing. I get busy then forget I haven't drank anything. Whats up with that?

Regina--I don't know why you don't drink Water on weekends, but maybe you should send us some of that tea your drinking. Those NSV's are amazing.

If you can bottle your formula for success, I'd like some.

Good for you Regina, size 12 is amazing.

Socialgal, I think people are just trying to be helpful when we vent about not losing rather than making assumptions and judging us. I get more of the "have you tried this?" feeling from what is said. Remember, if you're gonna vent this is the safe place to do it.

Welcome back from the mini vacations. I leave for a week on Thursday and I'm anxious to go.

Barbara...........I like what you are saying about the woman you met this weekend. I have always believed that we are stressing too much about this whole band thing. It shouldn't be consuming our whole lives. I know people who have had it done in recent years and it wasn't any big deal. They just eat a lot less than before and eventually they lose. We will too.

I did this because I was tired of always thinking about my weight and always looking for the next great diet. I am eating anything I want (Dove Bars included). I know that breads, Pizza Crust, etc will not work. I ate a Quarter Pounder at McDonalds a couple days ago and barfed it out the door of the car before I left the parking lot. But the truth is, I enjoyed eating it and once I got rid of it I felt fine. I don't intend to allow myself to vomit on purpose. I do know that I can damage the band but I refuse to be a slave to this thing. Maybe it's my age, but I don't have enough time left to be all consumed by this thing. I am loosing and I will continue to lose since I cannot eat enough to gain.

Ok..........now I've had my turn venting. Everyone has their own agenda and none of us should criticize or judge others. We should all expect to get advice (and I want everyone's input) and then what we do with it is our business.

Have a great week and good luck to all taking the October challenge.

Barbara12

LOL on your post! A refreshing slant on the Lapband.

Maybe most of this gets played out in a headgame.

Oh I forgot to share my NRVs this week. I got on the plane and no extra belt needed and I could cross my legs. I was on a commuter flight so I thought I might have trouble since everything is smaller. I bought clothes 2 sizes smaller. I found sportswear from Fresh Produce that was actually too big and I had to get smaller sizes. We're going on a cruise in December and I wanted to get some outfits. I also found another brand, Tia's. They make cute striped shirts, t-tops, and capris. The colors are just vibrant and so fresh looking. Tia's you can order online from stores, but Fresh Produce, except for plus sizes, must be ordered from a store.

OK, one of the things I'm noticing on this 4-6 meal plan today is that we will have to drink our Water soon after eating. There is no other way to get the water in. I'm just eating one bite at a time and doing other things. I'm drinking my water as I go. I don't know how else to do this. I'm on my 2nd bottle of water and must keep it going to get it all in.

One of the things that frustrates me is that when I do come here to vent, it seems to be assumed that one who isn't losing is doing something wrong. I log my food religiously on SparkPeople, see my personal trainer twice a week and go to the gym on my own 3 times a week. I haven't had soda since June, don't drink with meals and drink at least 8 glasses of pure Water every day. Yet, I only lost 4 pounds in September. I know the scale isn't the only indicator of success, so yes I measure inches as well. I'm not trying to be a downer on anyone. I am very happy with my weight loss so far, but yes I get frustrated and come here to vent.

I must say to you that your success is in how hard you try Socalgal, I only wish I was being as good as you. Your scale may not be moving but your determination certainly is and to me that is very impressive! GOOD JOB :clap2: