Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I not more excited?

3rd fill today and down 38.2 lbs since my July 24th surgery. Why am I not excited? I feel really blah. Just blah about everything.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Crystal

Congrats!!! That's a great loss, and you should be very happy and proud of yourself!! I get days where I feel 'blah' too, but there are others I'm really excited about what I've accomplished. I've found this whole process can be quite the emotional rollercoaster! Hang in there, and keep up the great work! You're doing FANTASTIC!

If I had lost that much weight in less than 2 months I'd be overwhelmingly happy? Not putting you down, just saying how I'd feel. Is this not important to you? It was for me and after 8 weeks I had only lost 12 lbs and it stayed that way for 8 more weeks.

Thanks Manda. I appreciate the cheering!

2 much - I am happy about the weight loss. I meedes this so bad because of more than weight. I had some other things wrong that are starting to balance out.

I think its sometimes overwhelming and I feel like I am always thinking about how to get healthy foods in with a crazy life. I'm traveling for work and have kids in before & after school practices and running to games and church activites. Its just a lot and trying to figure it all out.

I know this is a phase but I want to enjoy this process. No one around me has been through this and can't really understand all the emotions. I've lost almost 40 lbs but not enough to go down in clothes so I just feel frumpy all the time. No better explanation than blah, but not sad or regret.

Crystal

I can understand. I guess I'm kindof lucky. It's just me and my wife and I'm the chef. So, I cook and eat what is good for my band and my wife has adapted. We both work from home so meal planning is simple and there's not a lot of drama from kids running in and out.

I can't imagine having little ones. I remember those days well. If they didn't eat all their chicken nuggets, I'd finish off what was left. I don't think they would have adapted well to this new way of eating. Hambugers, pizza, macncheese, spaghetti, linguini w/alfredo was our weekly meal plan. Now, pizza two or three times a year, hamburgers now without Buns and low fat only.

Keep plugging away and one day you'll look in that mirror and see the new you with baggy clothes and the gleeful feeling will return.

tmf

Hey Crystal, great job on the wt loss!

I have been banded 9 wks and lost: 48 lbs total; 37 lbs since surgery. I started walking on the treadmill 2 wks from surgery and rarely miss a day. Started out only 15 mins & now up to 1 hr (with occas jogs).

This exercise without a doubt has helped me with the inches. I have dropped 4 pants sizes; 3 shirt sizes & 2 shoe sizes.

Clothing that I could wear at a weight 20-25 lbs lighter than i am now, has been recycled b/c it is simply huge on me.

You did not mention what your exercise routine is, so not sure. I hate that you are so disappointed and feel frumpy with such an incredible wt loss. I just wanted to share how although my wt loss is not overly impressive, my loss in inches has been tremendous.... only wish I would have measured!

Anyway I wanted to share what has helped me and hope it in turn helps you!

---good luck, we are all in this together!

My bad, thought you lost 38 lbs in 2 wks!!!

Hi there, congratulations on your success so far! You are on your way. I think this can be a tough time of year. We just have one child and I can't imagine two times the Breakfast and lunch-making then out the door on time, homework balanced with activities....it's a lot! Tomorrow is Friday and hope you have some YOU time. How about getting your toenails painted or buying a potted plant for the kitchen counter -- something to Celebrate how beautifully you are doing. And just think, next year with a significant drop in weight you are going to have a ton of energy. They will be trying to keep up with you!

I agree with Bandista, make sure you occasionally do something for yourself! Take a bubble bath, read a book, crank up the radio and act silly. Sure the weight loss is for you, but you need to Celebrate your successes too. It's so easy to get lost in the shuffle of the kids and work. I think it helps too, when others start commenting on how you look. You are doing great, hang in there, the excitement will come.

I think what you're feeling is totally normal. You've traded in one life for a whole new one and that takes some adjustment and even some grief.

Plus, no matter how much we research and educate ourselves beforehand, I think everyone eventually gets the reality check that while the band is definitely a tool to improve things, it's not something that's going to magically fix our whole lives. Thin people had bad days, put up with hassles, deal with rude people, etc. too.

Finally, there's the boring, practical issue that fatty carbs work on our brain chemistry to bathe us in feel-good hormones like serotonin and dopamine. When we take away the steady drip of our "happy foods", it's completely normal to undergo something of a mild depression as our brain chemistries readjust. That can account for a feeling of "blah" for a little while.

I hope it passes soon and you're able to treat yourself to some new pleasures to get your smile going again. Good luck!

isn't it strange when others are more excited ablutions weight loss than u are. I have those days hen the whole day is one big rush. I have a 4 year old a 2 year old and a 5 month old. I'm the last person on the list that gets taken care of. Try getting a 2 year old to eat proton and veggies first.....

Thanks everyone! You have all made me feel less crazy!

Crystal