Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:( insurance denied so wont be havin it done

So sorry, Stacey -- don't give up on your path to wellness.....

did you try to do a written appeal?

My cousin was denied and she went back to her doctor to rewrite his referral, it was accepted the second time.

They won't appeal because its not technically a denial it's an exclusion

How much does it cost if I pay?

I'm so sorry. Never say never, you could be the lucky winner of Powerball tonight and get whatever you want done. I know the odds, but you have to keep positive thoughts. Good things happen when you least expect them to. This could also be a blessing in diguise, you just never know.

Don't give up my insurance denied me three times. Hey I have nothing but my whole life to wait so every time they denied me I wrote an appeal letter to the insurance. Well they gave up the fight and approved me. You have to explain to then how getting this done will benefit your health and MOST important insurances want to save money. Explain to them how getting the done will save then cost in diabetes care etc I have sleep apnea so I told them at my age, they are looking at more in Cpap machines pulmonary care and sleep test. Well that adds up over the years so they looked at the obligation picture. They just need you to map or outline it out for then that way when you appeal it will go before a panel of usually nurses that can see past the first line. Try it. It sure help me

What insurance company are you with? What's your BMI?

I was the same way until I saw this silly video on YouTube....It simply said...I AM WORTH IT!..I got to thinking..hmm what am I worth? I'm, worth $9888.00. That's what my surgery cost. I'm a single mother and grandmother and work for a non-profit organization that excludes weight loss surgery. So I had to self-pay. I went to True Results and I only had to come up with $4000.00 ( I had to beg, and borrow hehehe) and they financed the rest for me. $190 a month for 36 payments. YAY!!! I did it and would do it again. I already feel better and cant weight till next summer!!! Wish I would have don't it sooner!!! :wub:

Very disappointed what a roller coaster ride

After all it denied it the company has an exclusion.

Im sorry the company has an exclusion. How very frustrating and plain not fair.

While you're deciding what to do, you might look into weightloss by way of diet and looking at metabolics. www.healthysteps.com is one place that offers a lot of options (including weightloss surgeries) and they are having huge success with using a modified meditteranean diet and exercise. Their patients do this in preparing for weightloss surgery and then lose so much that they no longer need the surgery! I also hear they are not hungry on the diet, either.

Healthy Steps also delves into individuals metabolics and what is best for them according to how they metabolize. I have not participated, myself, so I don't have more direct info to give you. My surgeon (who removed my Lap Band) is the director, though, so once Im recovered I'll be using what they offer as part of my weightloss plan.

Hang in there!

~hiddn

I believe most things happen for a reason - that said - have you tried to have everything checked before considering the surgery? Have your hormones checked, thyroid, blood, cortisol levels - or trying to cut certain things from your diet such as dairy, or meet, or processed foods, or gluten?

Back in 2009 when I was considering the surgery my doctor had pointed out (sadly after insurance lapsed and I wasn't able to get the surgery) that if any of these things were an issue that was being over looked, the lap band would truly only be a temporary fix and would only bring more frustration. In all of this I did manage to find out my body does much better without certain dairy products.

What I'm saying is don't give up, something that is right for you is out there. Chin up!