Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's on your "Do Not Eat" list?

All meats! I became vegetarian 2 years ago because I became tired of eating all meats. I was only able to eat chicken and it had to be in a sauce or roasted. Along with the "stuck" episodes and the health factor, I just gave up all meats.< /p>

Everything else is pretty much fine now!

All meats! I became vegetarian 2 years ago because I became tired of eating all meats. I was only able to eat chicken and it had to be in a sauce or roasted. Along with the "stuck" episodes and the health factor' date=' I just gave up all meats.

Everything else is pretty much fine now![/quote']

The last three days I trid chicken breast cooked in pineapple juice it came up after 3 bites. Today I tried reconstituting it in chicken broth to soften it up then I ran it through my magic bullet like mush mixed it with mayo put it on a wheat tortilla ate about 3 bites and it came up. Either I can't have chicken breast or I'm not chewing it enough...but this time it was mush. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm on mushies for another 3-5 wks. Hopefully I'll learn to eat slower or give up some meats too.

I went two and a half years with no problems. Just had my second fill on Friday and tonight I had a problem with grilled cheese on wheat bread ... Never had a problem with it before :-(

The last three days I trid chicken breast cooked in pineapple juice it came up after 3 bites. Today I tried reconstituting it in chicken broth to soften it up then I ran it through my magic bullet like mush mixed it with mayo put it on a wheat tortilla ate about 3 bites and it came up. Either I can't have chicken breast or I'm not chewing it enough...but this time it was mush. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm on mushies for another 3-5 wks. Hopefully I'll learn to eat slower or give up some meats too.

It might not be that you are doing anything wrong. After I was banded, it took months before I could really eat meat with my meal. I would have to eat the meat portion by itself and then pick a little here and there on the side items. With eating meats, make sure you do not have anything to drink 30 min before or after and see if that help. Try it in a Soup and see if you still have a hard time with it. Eating slow, especially when recently banded is one of the most IMPORTANT steps in this process.

i dont have any (carolina girl cant eat)

its more like what carolina girl chooses not to eat...

i eat what i want and find 15 months post op' date=' i prefer veggies, fruit and lean Protein...

am lucky, no stucks, no slimes, no issues for me...this procedure gave me my life back[/quote']

Same for me so far! I've been banded for 5 months, I have 7.4 in a 10cc band. I can tolerate any foods thus far. I haven't gotten stuck, no sliming, and no issues.

i eat 96% lean beef patties' date=' lean steak (tbone my fave as well as filet) and chicken beast and Beans...also Protein bars (some have 20+ grams and higher..this is in my purse, drawer at work)..protein is what i eat first and its what i eat when i am truly hungry (and its not head hunger or me just eating because everyone around me is) the meats i eat cost a little more but you know what, i am worth it...so are you[/quote']

Im still on the soft stage but my best thing to eat is fish. I've tried zucchni baked potato. Baked chicken and noodles in sauce. All going down and eating about 200-300 c for dinner. Went out yesterday and ordered salmon baked and veggie. I ate until almost full then stopped felt great. I have enough left over for 2 more dinners. This is wild. I feel really good. How's everyone else doing? Keep up the great work!

Sliming?

Sliming?

Am I sliming? Well reheated my meal from the day before that had gone down easily this time watching tv and not paying attention. Slimed everything up. So after 30-45 min later had a Protein smoothie. The zucchni and salmon hadn't gone down. I chewed good but not slow enough or not small bites I guess. Had my food allergy testing today on 6 different ones not allergic. 70% chance of rain here and my head feels like a balloon. HURTS!!!!!! Hope you all are doing good today.

What do you press if you don't want to quote but just to post? Hey I'm a slow learner. Lol

Try adding or cooking your chicken in something with a creamy or fatty base with oil. You need the lubrication with chicken BC it can dries out even when its wet.

Try cooking your chicken in the crock Pot with a can if cream Soup...it keeps it really moist. Make chicken salad with greek yogurt. Just an idea.

Is tortillas on anyone's list of cant eat or is that something you can?

I cannot eat any kind of rice...but aside from that the only thing I absolutely avoid 100% is Cheez Its. I am a recovering addict and out everything in this world to eat those little buggers are my trigger food. When I was a little boy my make believe friend was the Sunshine man on the corner of the box. I wish I were kidding....Cheez Its are like my preferred drug.

With only 1 fill I haven't had a problem with anything. If I have an episode it's because of a mistake that I made' date=' to fast or not enough chewing[/quote']

Me too!! I find that cold leftovers are harder for me too. And I love love cold leftovers!!

When I had my first band I learned to avoid bread, chicken breast, and steak. Since my rebanding this summer I seem to be adding hamburger to the list. Yesterday I ordered a cheeseburger without bread. I took tiny bites from the perimeter and chewed them well. At most, I ate 2 ounces of it. I got so nauseated I had to throw up. I gave the rest of the burger to a friend. Being a slow learner (I guess) this morning I fixed 2 oz hamburger and drenched it with Vidalia Salad Dressing to moisten it. (Delicious combo, by the way.) I'm not so nauseate as last night, but still not well...Darn, I love the special burgers from a local chain.

Hamburgers are def on my list too! And bacon ... I love both but it's not even worth trying anymore, I just feel so awful afterwards