Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does it take for u to be able to go back to work?? I haven't had any surgery I'm just tryi g to get as much info as I can ..

If you have a desk job you could be back to work in a couple of weeks. If you have a job that is more manual labor or requires lifting you will need to take more time.

I went back to work 10 days after my surgery, and though I was pretty well healed and feeling really good I wish I had taken the full 2 weeks off in hind sight.

Gathering information is the best way to help you learn and make the most informed decision.

I've made a decision to do this but I am trying just to find out what I can..I do have a heavy job so that's good to know..

I'm actually lucky enough to be able to work from home. i have an amazingly supportive boss. because i'm the only in my home earning right now we just can't afford for me to take time off even with the reduce income that come with Short term disability. I truly hope i'm making the right decision, i know having work to distract me will be a good thing and i'll have had 4 days of rest as my surgery is on a Thursday.. I have recovered well and pretty quickly from previous surgery do don't expect this one to be any different.

I work at home also and it took a good week to 10 days for me to start feeling normal... get as much rest as possible in between working and make sure you drink and take your pain meds if need be.

Yea I'm the only one who works my self so I can't afford to take to much time off, but my co workers know my situation and very supportive so I just don't want to burden them to much ..I just really need this so I'm praying it happens.

I had no trouble working from home almost right away. By day 4 I was wondering if the doctor really did but the band in! The worst pain I had was from the gas they pumped into my belly :) Guess everyone is different! Good luck!

Sylvia, If you have a heavy job you are going to need to take the time to heal. You don't want to go through all this and then have a problem because you didn't give yourself the time to heal.

I know work issues are tough, and it's hard to be home when you are the only earner. This is a major surgery so make the time for it and the healing to follow.

If your co-workers are understanding then you are not burdening them. You need this for you and think if one of them needed something as big as this..would you cover for him/her and not make them feel badly about it? I bet you would and chances are so will they.

Working from home is great. The first few days you might not be at 100% but at least you are able to be home and rest. That's the key.

Thanks for advice , I guess ur right but just thinking of taking to much time off I don't have enough sick time nor vacation time , but I will figure when that time comes.. I need this for my health . Or if I keep going I will not have a job at all..

How long does it take for u to be able to go back to work?? I haven't had any surgery I'm just tryi g to get as much info as I can ..

Hi.... I had surgery on Weds, 4th September 2013. I had taken Thursday and Friday off thinking that I would go back to work on Saturday 7th September. Wrong. I had to take 7th & 8th September off too. I went into work on Monday 9th September. I am a police officer, I am at management level. This was too soon. Even to sit at a desk..... My advice would be to take 2 weeks off work after surgery. I am fit, active and can cope with pain. You need time to let the wounds heal and adjust to the new feelings inside your body and head.