Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October bandsters

I don't have to give myself shots or anything' date=' but I have to wear these special stockings for about two weeks.[/quote']

Those are TED hose same purpose just no Medication involved. Same thing with the compression device someone rose was talking about.

Those are TED hose same purpose just no Medication involved. Same thing with the compression device someone rose was talking about.

Well, with my fear of needles, I'm glad I get to wear the stockings instead. xP

They're not really uncomfortable or anything, just a little tight. I gotta make sure they don't get rolled up because then they could actually cut off circulation, but other than that, they haven't bothered me one bit! :)

I was told I will be getting the OnQ nerve block for two days and since I am an RN they are letting me pull them out myself......better than having to drive to their office to have them removed

I don't have to give myself shots or anything' date=' but I have to wear these special stockings for about two weeks.[/quote']

I hope that when it's my turn I can get the stockings.

I hope so too! The stockings are no trouble whatsoever. I occasionally push them down because my leg itches or something, but really, they're just like wearing a slightly tight pair of knee highs. No pain or anything. I feel blessed that my surgeon chose these instead of shots.

I hope so too! The stockings are no trouble whatsoever. I occasionally push them down because my leg itches or something, but really, they're just like wearing a slightly tight pair of knee highs. No pain or anything. I feel blessed that my surgeon chose these instead of shots.

Gee no one wants to have to take the shots I guess. Well if I had my choice I would wear the socks too!

Gee no one wants to have to take the shots I guess. Well if I had my choice I would wear the socks too!

Well hello all! Had my surgery on Wednesday. I feel fantastic. My hospital stay was wonderful (except for the "popping" shoes I had to wear in bed....To prevent blood clots.) The Nurse Practitioner who discharged me told me that I can work from liquids to baby food consistency. That's not what I learned when going to all the pre operative classes and that has really confused me. I've been doing fine with the Clear Liquids and have even had a Greek yogurt and a scrambled egg with no problems. The gas pain has at times been unbearable. I am 3 days postoperative and still feeling it. I have no saline in my band yet so I am having "hungry" issues. From what I understand it won't be filled yet for weeks so I will be living on Protein Shakes until then. I see the MD on Wednesday for suture removal so hopefully I will have more answers as to when they will begin filling my band and my growling tummy will begin to cease. Hang in there everyone,

Well hello all! Had my surgery on Wednesday. I feel fantastic. My hospital stay was wonderful (except for the "popping" shoes I had to wear in bed....To prevent blood clots.) The Nurse Practitioner who discharged me told me that I can work from liquids to baby food consistency. That's not what I learned when going to all the pre operative classes and that has really confused me. I've been doing fine with the clear liquids and have even had a Greek yogurt and a scrambled egg with no problems. The gas pain has at times been unbearable. I am 3 days postoperative and still feeling it. I have no saline in my band yet so I am having "hungry" issues. From what I understand it won't be filled yet for weeks so I will be living on Protein Shakes until then. I see the MD on Wednesday for suture removal so hopefully I will have more answers as to when they will begin filling my band and my growling tummy will begin to cease. Hang in there everyone,

Well hello all! Had my surgery on Wednesday. I feel fantastic. My hospital stay was wonderful (except for the "popping" shoes I had to wear in bed....To prevent blood clots.) The Nurse Practitioner who discharged me told me that I can work from liquids to baby food consistency. That's not what I learned when going to all the pre operative classes and that has really confused me. I've been doing fine with the Clear Liquids and have even had a Greek yogurt and a scrambled egg with no problems. The gas pain has at times been unbearable. I am 3 days postoperative and still feeling it. I have no saline in my band yet so I am having "hungry" issues. From what I understand it won't be filled yet for weeks so I will be living on Protein Shakes until then. I see the MD on Wednesday for suture removal so hopefully I will have more answers as to when they will begin filling my band and my growling tummy will begin to cease. Hang in there everyone,

That sounds much different than my Post-Op diet.

I'm not transitioning into mushy, baby foods until two weeks after surgery.

At four days, I've transitioned into liquids, 6oz, 6 times a day. I can't hold that much though. I usually only manage to keep about 2 1/2 "meals" down in the entire day and a bit of Water. I know I'm getting a bit dehydrated, but everything else has been going wonderfully, so I'm just trying to increase my Fluid intake and otherwise haven't been worried.

I'm not hungry at all, I feel full 24/7, but I occasionally do drink some Pedialyte or part of a Protein Shake or some tea so that I can get at least some of the needed nutrients. I know it's probably just from swelling, so I'm not too worried about it right now, and I'm sure once I heal a little more, I'll be able to take in more liquids easier.

Well hello all! Had my surgery on Wednesday. I feel fantastic. My hospital stay was wonderful (except for the "popping" shoes I had to wear in bed....To prevent blood clots.) The Nurse Practitioner who discharged me told me that I can work from liquids to baby food consistency. That's not what I learned when going to all the pre operative classes and that has really confused me. I've been doing fine with the clear liquids and have even had a Greek yogurt and a scrambled egg with no problems. The gas pain has at times been unbearable. I am 3 days postoperative and still feeling it. I have no saline in my band yet so I am having "hungry" issues. From what I understand it won't be filled yet for weeks so I will be living on Protein Shakes until then. I see the MD on Wednesday for suture removal so hopefully I will have more answers as to when they will begin filling my band and my growling tummy will begin to cease. Hang in there everyone,

That sounds much different than my Post-Op diet.

I'm not transitioning into mushy, baby foods until two weeks after surgery.

At four days, I've transitioned into liquids, 6oz, 6 times a day. I can't hold that much though. I usually only manage to keep about 2 1/2 "meals" down in the entire day and a bit of Water. I know I'm getting a bit dehydrated, but everything else has been going wonderfully, so I'm just trying to increase my Fluid intake and otherwise haven't been worried.

I'm not hungry at all, I feel full 24/7, but I occasionally do drink some Pedialyte or part of a Protein Shake or some tea so that I can get at least some of the needed nutrients. I know it's probably just from swelling, so I'm not too worried about it right now, and I'm sure once I heal a little more, I'll be able to take in more liquids easier.

Hi everyone! New here. Hoping to meet some friendly people! :) My surgery is scheduled for Oct 14th!! My pre-op liquid diet is going surprisingly well, on day 6! Atkins shakes, whey Protein Powder lots or sugar free Popsicles and sugar free Jello do the trick! I've had headaches since day one however. Anyone else experience this? Also my job requires lots of moving around and lifting, does anyone know about how long recovery is?

Hi everyone! New here. Hoping to meet some friendly people! :) My surgery is scheduled for Oct 14th!! My pre-op liquid diet is going surprisingly well, on day 6! Atkins shakes, whey Protein powder lots or sugar free Popsicles and sugar free Jello do the trick! I've had headaches since day one however. Anyone else experience this? Also my job requires lots of moving around and lifting, does anyone know about how long recovery is?