Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No progress

So the first few weeks out of surgery(05-14-13) I lost weight due to the liquid diet (12lbs). I am ready to have my 4th fill Monday and am currently down only 2 more pounds. I am so frustrated!!!! I keep hearing this is normal.I have had a personal trainer 3x a week for the last 2 months and have ran on other days. I understand muscle. Weighs more then fat but shouldn't I be losing more weight since I don't eat as much? Is anyone else having litlle or no results four months into it?

I lost 12 lbs the first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. Fill #3 did it for me. I started to lose after that.

One of the most important words in this journey for me was and still is Patience. It's not always going to be that you eat correctly, correct amounts, get some exercise, then jump on the scale and see 10 lbs per week/month disappear. It just didn't work that way for me. Its been 4 years this month for me.....and I STILL get frustrated when I don't see that scale move as fast as I want it to. But...it's going the right direction.

I was thinking just yesterday, as I was going to a run event....where would I be if I hadn't stuck with it....if I'd given up and said it won't work? Probably 350 lbs....or more! And it literally brought a tear to my eye, almost four years after surgery. I've never felt healthier in my life!

SO many people have been where you are right now...and have become VERY successful. You'll read on here from people who have lost tremendous amounts of weight....but most of those have probably had a time when we thought the same things you are saying right now. But one thing is for sure....if you have the desire and determination...you will be successful too! Just never, ever give up!

read catfish's response over and over again as he is dead on..

muscle does not weigh more than fat (it is more dense) but 5 pounds of muscle or fat is 5 pounds.

just keep on doing what you are doing....if you are losing inches by heavens you are losing weight regardless of what the scale says or doesnt say.....stay the course and the scale will catch up....getting so upset of (something) you do not have control over is meaningless......unless you are overeating and taking more cals than you burn off which you arent....so stop stressing.....stop weighing every 5 min

you are doing GREAT

you did not gain weight overnight and you sure wont lose it overnight either :)

Give up the scale or cut it down to once a week. I turned my scale batteries over to my trainer when I found myself weighing 2-3 times a day. A scale is a tool and it doesn't run your life. Just keep tracking what you are eating and your exercise and stop stressing yourself out. Divorcing the scale is a hard process, but mentally worth it.

I would never 'divorce' my scale, it keeps me accountable <wink>

Anyway, I just wanted to share that there are 2 components to weight loss: exercise and diet. Sounds like you have exercise under control, but I have no clue if you have the diet portion right.

Some people misunderstand that eating less AND workout out more will result in wl.... Well that just depends on how little and how much. If you are getting inadequate cals to support your workout you will not lose weight, rather you will keep your body in perpetual 'starvation' mode.

How many cals do you take in? What does an avg day of food look like for you?

I'd like to say be patient, but 4 months and 2 lbs just isn't right is it. So let's investigate and little more..tell us about the diet

So the first few weeks out of surgery(05-14-13) I lost weight due to the liquid diet (12lbs). I am ready to have my 4th fill Monday and am currently down only 2 more pounds. I am so frustrated!!!! I keep hearing this is normal.I have had a personal trainer 3x a week for the last 2 months and have ran on other days. I understand muscle. Weighs more then fat but shouldn't I be losing more weight since I don't eat as much? Is anyone else having litlle or no results four months into it?

Have you taken your measurements? Your progress could be hiding there.