Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long did you wait for real food?

So I was told after I was released from the hospital that I had to stay on Clear Liquids for one more day and then advance to all liquids then after ny one week followup I could advance to pureede foods... and I didnt follow that I was starveing and got some real food after I was released yes I chewed up really well and was drinking with it to make sure it went down and I havent had any problems so why do they want us to wait and how long did you wait? If you didnt did you have any complications?

There is a post on here about that very thing. There are very valid medical reasons why you need to follow the post op instructions to the letter. I'll find it for you.

Here it is: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/175029-starting-over-after-almost-dying-twice-and-gaining-back-150-pounds/

It's scary but it should be. You can do serious damage to yourself by not following your post operative instructions.

from what i understand it is due to the swelling.

Your stomach has been sutured, moved, manipulated, and generally wounded. Those sutures need time to heal or you run the very real risk of ripping them or worse.

Stick to your post op diet regardless of hunger. We all went through it and all survived it.

You start does not bode well long term for your commitment to the band. Yes you will be hungry, but some of that is head hunger. I would talk to a counselor about your wants versus your needs. It is so very important to follow doctor's orders. Complications in those who do not are common. You have to want this more than anything to make a go of it. Sorry to be harsh, but need to own up to your own failings. We can all eat around the band... ice cream goes down really well, but it will not make you healthy or thin.

It is very medically necessary to follow the post op diet to a T! Your doctor wouldn't give the post op instructions if you could really have solids within days or even weeks after a surgery like this.

You chewed it up well and nothing happened? What if something would've happened... Is it worth the chance of SERIOUS complications? I would think not.

It was close to 4 weeks before I was transitioned into solids.

I'm sure you are getting the hint that what you did was not only a huge mistake, but a huge risk to your health and life.

It scares me when people are educated and advised on their surgeries, the risks and the postop instructions and they agree wholeheartedly and sign consent just to turn around and ignore everything they were told.

lellow was kind enough to link you to a recent post about another bandster who abused her band and it damn near killed her. And some people have indeed lost their lives due to complications. Question is, was it the band or the abuser?

Sorry for the irrate tone of the post, but it is absolutely infuriating to hear someone be so careless and than come onto this site looking for fellow abusers to soothe their guilt. I'm just not interested in hearing it.

why do people get the band ... knowing the rules and the long road ahead.. only to disregard them? I think maybe some self reflection on what you thought life with the band was/is going to be like.

Did you doctor/NUT tell you what diet you were going to be responsible for after your surgery? If so, why didn't you ask that question at that time? Did you say: Why do i have to wait? What could be the complications if i don't and eat?

I think you need to wait to eat because you HAD SURGERY ON YOUR STOMACH. But I could be wrong.

Couldn't have said it better!!

I really love how people choose to ignore questions in here and rather rant and rave about how everything somwone does is wrong! What is wrong with you people that you have nouthing better to do that to criticize people and tell them what a horrible human being they are and why they shoukdnt do something do u think just because u have a band ur in some elite club and dont want anyone else to join? And fyi all of you who have done nothing but criticize me since I joined this forum just to get tips tricks ect I have had the surgury I am doing just fine im not like that lady who got her band so damn tight and was chwoing down on a burger and fries I havent even gotten any Fluid in my band yet and they at the hospital wrrent even following their own rules of clear liquid onky for 2 days hell the day after ny surfury they were giving me coffee and red pop sickles so I had a couple of regular food meels... I had a 4 and a half hour drive with nouthing at all to eat so I stoped got me one thing and chewed the hell out of it so it was liquid and would slide down and on top of that part of the reason I did it is because I was so saverly malnourished that I had droped 5 lvs over night the night before my surgury and was sick as a dog I am currently eating one regular meal a day the rest is liquids but it dosent matter because I called after I posted this here and was told the reason they want to ease you back to solid foods is because of the fact that you have went a week without them and just had surgury they are worried about me getting nauseated and pukeing thereby putting pressure if I puked on the stomic and the band which never happened and the fact that I wasnt nausated and was holding down solid food already was an excellent sign and nouthing to be worried about as long as I followed the chewing part .....

but again none of it matters because noone on this site cares to givw support tips or tricks or suggestions all they care to do is tell someone how horrible of a person they are and how unready they are for this life changeing surgury... and I have news for you... you are not me never will be me and have no idea how ready or not I am so...... f**k OFF!

You start does not bode well long term for your commitment to the band. Yes you will be hungry' date=' but some of that is head hunger. I would talk to a counselor about your wants versus your needs. It is so very important to follow doctor's orders. Complications in those who do not are common. You have to want this more than anything to make a go of it. Sorry to be harsh, but need to own up to your own failings. We can all eat around the band... ice cream goes down really well, but it will not make you healthy or thin.[/quote']

This was not head hunger this was my whole intestinal system geowing and grumbleing and me haveing one hell of a headach because I hadnt had foor for over a wekk so dont sit there and pretend to know from the get go how well I will or won't succeed with the band its not like im back to eating the same foods and same ammounts I ate before you rude ass jerk I still watch what I eat and never get near the calories carbs or fats that I used to consume so.... f**k OFF and get a better attitude

It was close to 4 weeks before I was transitioned into solids.

I'm sure you are getting the hint that what you did was not only a huge mistake' date=' but a huge risk to your health and life.

It scares me when people are educated and advised on their surgeries, the risks and the postop instructions and they agree wholeheartedly and sign consent just to turn around and ignore everything they were told.

lellow was kind enough to link you to a recent post about another bandster who abused her band and it damn near killed her. And some people have indeed lost their lives due to complications. Question is, was it the band or the abuser?

Sorry for the irrate tone of the post, but it is absolutely infuriating to hear someone be so careless and than come onto this site looking for fellow abusers to soothe their guilt. I'm just not interested in hearing it.[/quote']

I am not looking for a fellow bandster to sooth my guikt I have no guilt what soever and if you wrent so much of a tigh ass snob you wouldnt have even thought that either im not stuid if you followed ur preop diet to a t you would be stareing to death like I was which is why I was given premission on my final all liquid day to drink a soda and have mashed potatoes because of the saver malnurishment that I was experianceing... also I have not received a bunch of info then turned aeound and choose to totaly ignore it as you imply I simply didnt do onw thing since I have been banded and if you will read further in this I was told it was ok so to you as well get a life and find something else to do rather than get on here and criticize and look down at everyone else... in other words take a flying kiss at my ass and f**k off

from what i understand it is due to the swelling.

Although you didnt answer the question posed atleast you were not rude and persistant that I was completly disregaurding all knowledge of how the band works or that the band dosent do it for me and that I was trying to kill myself or any one of the ither stupid comments made on here

It is very medically necessary to follow the post op diet to a T! Your doctor wouldn't give the post op instructions if you could really have solids within days or even weeks after a surgery like this.

You chewed it up well and nothing happened? What if something would've happened... Is it worth the chance of SERIOUS complications? I would think not.

I would think you should answer the question and not be so f**king rude? Hiw about that?