Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay!!!! You look great!!!! lol I love the dress!! I love wearing them!! How are you feeling????

Lol. Thanks! It's a discounted bathingsuit cover up from Gap. I'm a bit more sore today, but not really in pain. Mostly in my arm pits and the ace bandages they wrapped around my arms keep sticking together when I bend my elbows, then it cuts off my circulation. I can't wait until tomorrow when they unwrap me and put on the compression garment, but overall I can't complain!

Lol. Thanks! It's a discounted bathingsuit cover up from Gap. I'm a bit more sore today, but not really in pain. Mostly in my arm pits and the ace bandages they wrapped around my arms keep sticking together when I bend my elbows, then it cuts off my circulation. I can't wait until tomorrow when they unwrap me and put on the compression garment, but overall I can't complain!

And this is Janiece on Oxy...lol

Edited by Janiece

Ugh, my forearms have been really swollen for the last 12 hours or so. I think it's just because of how tight they wrapped the ace bandages. They scrunch up where I bend my elbows and I think they're restricting blood flow. . I'm hoping to feel better once they switch me to a compression garment today.

Also, the surgeon had to remove my implanon birth control implant because it was right where his incision line needed to be. So guess who has limited arm mobility and started spotting last night? <_< annoyed.

How are you feeling??? That sucks about the bleeding - UGH!! I am sooo glad you did not have to get drains!! They freaked me out totally! I am 5 weeks out and feeling good, not back to normal but no real pain. How do the Girls look!!!???

For some reason I feel kinda detached from my boobs right now. lol. I love the size, but my nipples are much smaller than they were before and I think it will just take me a few more days to get used to them being mine. This is terrible picture taken as the nurse was unwrapping my bandages. They're not uneven, I think it's just the angle my mom took the pic. I'll take a better picture soon. And they look wrinkly b/c of the bandages.

postop visit pic1

My arms are still swollen and they're just now starting to show a tiny bit of bruising. I took Oxy for the first 2 days, extra strength Tylenol yesterday and I haven't had anything today other than a vicotin to help me take a nap. My surgeon didn't put me in a compression garment yet, but just wants me to use nothing or if I want to, the reusable ace bandages. I remember Kirsten saying she felt weird with nothing on her arms, and I completely agree. I like having the light support of the ace bandages, so i'll keep wearing them until my checkup next week.

day3 left arm

day3 right arm

day3 both arms

postop visit pic2

My first shower yesterday was an epic nightmare. :blink: I sprayed a solution of dial soap and Water over my incisions and in my armpits. It wasn't too bad, but then as I rinsed off I noticed blood going down the drain and freaked out. I stood in there panicking and afraid to move until my mom came and showed me I just rinsed away some dried blood and loosened a few scabs but blood was barely trickling, Then I had to figure out how to dry off, put on lotion, put the support bra back on and rewrap my arms. I had to keep taking breaks b/c I got light-headed. I lived to tell the tale, but I might not take a full shower again for a few more days.

My parents just left a few hours ago, so now I'm really on my own. My mobility has improved greatly over the last few days but I've asked my dog sitter to keep my dog until next weekend because I can't imagine trying to figure out in the middle of the street how to contort to pick up dog poop right now!

Overall, I did not experience as much pain as I expected, but I completely underestimated the logistics of not being able to use your arms. Today's great accomplishment was that I could pull my underwear up all by my big-girl self! lol.

Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss and for sharing your before and after surgery pictures. You look super. Enjoy your new body.

Thank you for sharing. I want my breasts done once I reach goal. Where did you have surgery at?

I went to Dr Chiaramonte from Bella Cosmetic at the National Harbor in DC/MD

You are looking great!! I would swear we are sisters!! lol I had the same feeling about my boobs. I almost thought they didn't look right because I was so used to seeing them big and saggy that perky small nipples boobs seemed not right! My arms are working but I am still numb on the under side. My left arm is a little more swollen too. I loved the feel of the compression sleeves in the beginning. I almost could not image not wearing them. I am in a bra almost all the time still too. The girls kind of hurt if I just let them be free. I have nipple sensation but it is still tingly and numb but seem to be better every day. My first shower I almost passed out so I understand. I loved taking it and getting clean but I was soo tired afterwards. Get redressed and putting everything back on was horrible!! I am glad that got better too!! Hope you are doing better!!

1 week post-op update:

I cannot find adequate underboob lighting in the house, so promise I'll post daylight pics tomorrow!

Arms:

My arms are still a bit swollen. I'm hoping for a slightly better result when the swelling goes down, but honestly just having the flapping skin gone is weird but awesome. It literally used to smack against me when I would fold towels, make the bed, or any random vigorous activity (*cough*ZUMBA*cough*). I really hope they give me compression sleeves on Friday b/c this reusable ACE bandage stuff is really starting to get on my nerves! I'm still home from work, so I leave my arms unwrapped in a long-sleeved silky pajama shirt during the day (I'm so paranoid about snagging a loose stitch the smooth material makes me feel better. I'll take a picture. There's seriously a bowtie at elbow!) and I ACE wrap them before bed at night for support. The incisions are still mostly numb when I touch them but they're starting to get really itchy so I've been using neosporin like a crazy person (per Dr's orders) trying to keep them moist. At just a week out they look a lot better and the bruising is virtually gone.

Boobs:

I like them a lot more now than I did a few days ago. I think once I'm healed up enough to put on a proper underwire bra to take advantage of my new, perky cleavage, I'll love them! As for the nips, I have sensation in my left one. My right one, um, responds to stimulation :blink:, but I can't feel it. Hopefully that will work itself out in time.

Side boob:

Maybe it's b/c I didn't have drains, but I still have quite a bit of puffiness under my arms in "side boob" territory that was never there before. My under-boob incisions extend much farther than I expected, so I'm hoping it's just localized swelling that will go down. That reminds me, I think I used the icepacks I purchased like twice, maybe I'll use those tomorrow.

Arm pits:

So...if I have to pick anything to complain about from my surgery, it would be this. I've read how other brachioplasty patients end up with barely any sweat glands or armpit hair post-surgery and that totally didn't happen for me. Also, the scars in my pits are very ugly. I'm going to talk to my surgeon at the post op about them. I'm sure they'll smooth out, but they were the "bulgiest" out of all of my scars and I just feel they should've been a little neater...but again, I'll talk to my surgeon before I flip out or jump to any conclusions. I've used a trimmer once so far on my armpit hair b/c really...I have have standards, but not wearing deodorant hasn't been as bad as I expected. I've been using the Dial antibacterial 24 hour deodorizing bodywash and I seriously haven't smelled any BO yet. The farthest I've walked is maybe 6 blocks in 85 degree weather, but still I expected to odoriferous and I'm not.

Overall:

I have mostly a desk job and I give presentations fairly regularly. I feel like I probably could've gone to work for at least half-days this week and been fine, but I drive a manual transmission and I have very tight steering, so I doubt I'd be able to physcially drive into the office. I also still get pretty tired pretty easily and take a nap around 2pm and still go to bed around 10 or 11.

I'm bored out of my mind and burning through my Netflix queue. I seriously watched the entire season of Orange is the New Black today. I have a mixed review, but that's probably better saved for the Off Topic forum...lol

Oh, and I'm missing my doggie. I left my condo for the first time in 3 days to go to a movie with friends and that helped, but I'm pretty worn out...and the 2 glasses of wine probably didn't help. (but I've been completely off of all drugs since Friday)

Let me know if you have any questions, and I promise to post updated pics tomorrow.

1 week post-op update:

I cannot find adequate underboob lighting in the house' date=' so promise I'll post daylight pics tomorrow!

Arms:

My arms are still a bit swollen. I'm hoping for a slightly better result when the swelling goes down, but honestly just having the flapping skin gone is weird but awesome. It literally used to smack against me when I would fold towels, make the bed, or any random vigorous activity (*cough*ZUMBA*cough*). I really hope they give me compression sleeves on Friday b/c this reusable ACE bandage stuff is really starting to get on my nerves! I'm still home from work, so I leave my arms unwrapped in a long-sleeved silky pajama shirt during the day (I'm so paranoid about snagging a loose stitch the smooth material makes me feel better. I'll take a picture. There's seriously a bowtie at elbow!) and I ACE wrap them before bed at night for support. The incisions are still mostly numb when I touch them but they're starting to get really itchy so I've been using neosporin like a crazy person (per Dr's orders) trying to keep them moist. At just a week out they look a lot better and the bruising is virtually gone.

Boobs:

I like them a lot more now than I did a few days ago. I think once I'm healed up enough to put on a proper underwire bra to take advantage of my new, perky cleavage, I'll love them! As for the nips, I have sensation in my left one. My right one, um, responds to stimulation :blink:, but I can't feel it. Hopefully that will work itself out in time.

Side boob:

Maybe it's b/c I didn't have drains, but I still have quite a bit of puffiness under my arms in "side boob" territory that was never there before. My under-boob incisions extend much farther than I expected, so I'm hoping it's just localized swelling that will go down. That reminds me, I think I used the icepacks I purchased like twice, maybe I'll use those tomorrow.

Arm pits:

So...if I have to pick anything to complain about from my surgery, it would be this. I've read how other brachioplasty patients end up with barely any sweat glands or armpit hair post-surgery and that totally didn't happen for me. Also, the scars in my pits are very ugly. I'm going to talk to my surgeon at the post op about them. I'm sure they'll smooth out, but they were the "bulgiest" out of all of my scars and I just feel they should've been a little neater...but again, I'll talk to my surgeon before I flip out or jump to any conclusions. I've used a trimmer once so far on my armpit hair b/c really...I have have standards, but not wearing deodorant hasn't been as bad as I expected. I've been using the Dial antibacterial 24 hour deodorizing bodywash and I seriously haven't smelled any BO yet. The farthest I've walked is maybe 6 blocks in 85 degree weather, but still I expected to odoriferous and I'm not.

Overall:

I have mostly a desk job and I give presentations fairly regularly. I feel like I probably could've gone to work for at least half-days this week and been fine, but I drive a manual transmission and I have very tight steering, so I doubt I'd be able to physcially drive into the office. I also still get pretty tired pretty easily and take a nap around 2pm and still go to bed around 10 or 11.

I'm bored out of my mind and burning through my Netflix queue. I seriously watched the entire season of Orange is the New Black today. I have a mixed review, but that's probably better saved for the Off Topic forum...lol

Oh, and I'm missing my doggie. I left my condo for the first time in 3 days to go to a movie with friends and that helped, but I'm pretty worn out...and the 2 glasses of wine probably didn't help. (but I've been completely off of all drugs since Friday)

Let me know if you have any questions, and I promise to post updated pics tomorrow.[/quote']

Thank you for sharing. I think I would only do Tummy Tuck. My husband said he doesn't think the bingo arms are so bad but I still have more weight to lose. Feel better.

I REALLY want a Tummy Tuck, but I'm waiting to see if Mr Right stumbles into my life in the next 5 years or so and we decide to make babies. lol. I don't want to waste all that money and pain!

Pics:

day7 purple

I love my matching ace bandages! lol

day8 boobs

I swear they don't look this un-even in the mirror. lol. Under my armpit on that side is a bit more swollen and the base of the breast is wider. Maybe it's just how I hold the camera?

day8 leftUnder

day8 rightUnder

day8 leftSideScar

day8 rightSideScar

day8 leftArm

day8 rightArm

You can really see the bowtie stitches in the armpit pictures. These are at the beginning and end of each incision and they're driving me crazy!