Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 days preop and I feel so sad I see a lot of people happy,excited, and ready. Why do I feel this way? I feel like my lifes not gonna change. I don't have enough support at all my husband plays on the game and all I wanna talk about it lapband. He dose'nt wanna talk about it because he's tired of hearing about it I can just tell. Just sad please help me with words of encouragement. This would really make my frown turn upside down! Thank you!

Sent from Samsung galaxy tab using lapband talk

Sweetheart, maybe you're not yet mentally and emotionally prepared for this. You should talk to your doctor about your insecurities. Did you speak with a psychologist? One of the questions they ask is if you have support at home.... Looks like you don't. It's ok if you wanna take more time and prepare yourself better. I wish I was close by, I would go for coffee with you and just HUG you.

I wish to I'm ready but I'm not. My mother n law said she was a big supporter but she don't barley talk about it. If I had a real shoulder to lean on then I'd be more excited. Feel depressing to me.

If you're not ready POSTPONE it! It doesn't mean you will never get it, it just means you need more time. You're not the only one... I have a friend who should have had it in June. She's waiting till the end of August to do it. PLEASE, talk to your surgeon. There is no shame in needing more time to come to terms with this life-changing step. Once you do it, there is no turning back. And as far as support goes, you should be your biggest supporter. Look for people OUTSIDE your family to give you the support you lack at home. I'm sure there are support groups that meet near you. GOOD LUCK!! Be blessed

Try and find a support group in your area. It will really be beneficial to you!

Tom,Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

Where are you located? I'm in Phoenix Az might not be close, but I will be in your corner! I'm going to need all the support I can get also for my upcoming surgery :)

I struggled with this as well. People don't seem to support because they don't understand. Like they mentioned before if you are not mentally prepared you should wait. However, this is something you should do for yourself an no one else. I don't have the biggest support system but I'm okay with tht because I am my biggest support.

Hi there, just wanted to give you a virtual*hug* and tell you that I'm rooting for you too. I agree with all the other friends here, if you need more time, then wait- this will likely not come as a surprise to your doctor. You will know when the time is right. Being mentally prepared is still a part of the journey, so you're still on the road to where you want to go, you just might need a little bit more time in this phase. Best of luck to you :-)

Sent from my SCH-R530M using LapBandTalk

Sometimes what you think is nonsupport is really worry, or concern, or even in your MIL's case, she may feel that she shouldn't interfere. As other posters have said, find a support group, use us as your support, speak to your doctor, and make sure you are ready to go through with this. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

(((hugs)))

You all are so wonderful that's all it took now my mind is made up. Thanks for these encouraging words you all are so thoughtful so inspiring thank you!

Best of luck!!! U do this for u!! Noone else. U will do great . Im just 2 months post op and have lost 40 pounds . It has increased my confidence in myself and made me "like" me again. I wish u the best!! And wish u had more support at home . But This forum is full of support, encouragement and advice!!! Good luck !!!

Best of luck!!! U do this for u!! Noone else. U will do great . Im just 2 months post op and have lost 40 pounds . It has increased my confidence in myself and made me "like" me again. I wish u the best!! And wish u had more support at home . But This forum is full of support' date=' encouragement and advice!!! Good luck !!![/quote']

Thank you hunny you have made my night and yes your right this forum is full of encourage. I love it here thank you do much for your kind words! This means the world to me! :0)

I'm 4 days preop and I feel so sad I see a lot of people happy,excited, and ready. Why do I feel this way? I feel like my lifes not gonna change. I don't have enough support at all my husband plays on the game and all I wanna talk about it lapband. He dose'nt wanna talk about it because he's tired of hearing about it I can just tell. Just sad please help me with words of encouragement. This would really make my frown turn upside down! Thank you!

Sent from Samsung galaxy tab using lapband talk

I was not sure myself, and afraid. My wife was not real happy about my wanting this. She was fearful, but came to terms with me wanting to save my life for the both of us.

Being fearful that your life won't change after WLS is common. We all have failed trying to keep the weight off. Thats why we are all here.

Does your doctor have a support group, he/she should and I would go to meeting or two!

I am not that far along and I'm a bit apprehensive still! But I put my faith in my Doctors hands and hope far a day that I'm healthy and not morbidly obese!