Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:)

eggs chicken veggies black Beans omletes ( but these i would be careful of since most can cause bloating talk to your nutritionist on which ones would be a good idea this point in time.) more Protein the betteri have learned... on the site where i get my Protein Shakes ( i use unjury) they recommend having a shake between meals to fight off hunger.. but again i would talk to your nutritionist regarding this. Heal swiftly!

Hi Everyone.

Currently I am 4.5 weeks out. I am supposed to be on soft food but my doc told me that I can move up to regular food as needed. The problem I am running into right now is hunger. My swelling from surgery is down and I am ALWAYS hungry. ALWAYS. Now I know why this is. My band has no fills yet' date=' and unfortunately I wont be able to get a fill for a while because my stitches opened and aren't healing quickly by any means.

Because i'm so hungry I am eating more than my 1,000 -1,200 cal limit. I always eat only 1 cup or less, dont drink when I eat, wait 30 min or longer. I dont want to eat alot at one time because of the band risk.

When talking to my nurse she suggested Protein drinks, nope no help at all. Other than that she said I have to deal with it the best I can

So my question for you is what foods keep you full the longest.

So far grits seem to keep me the fullest longest. I have eaten grilled chicken breast, tuna, , several Beans (refried, baked, pinto, ect). so that I can get in my Protein and they simply arent helping. I eat them at noon and i'm hungry by 2.

I know once I get filled that the hunger will be controlled better but I dont want to be in misery until then.

**Also, this is not head hunger. I have already battled that monster and most of the time can tell the difference. The hunger I feel is usually stomach growling and isn't going away after time, or even after a distraction.[/quote']

My Dr has us on "No bread, Pasta, rice, potatoes, carrots, corn, bananas or beans" indefinitely. Those cause you to gain weight and the Beans make you bloat/gassy - which is the opposite of what we are here for. I am just assuming that I am off those things from now on - which I'm ok with. This is also very much in line with the Paleo diet plan - and I know that works.

I understand the need to omit bread and starchy items but Beans are filled with natural potassium, Protein and other nutrients...they are a mainstay in my diet and have not caused grassiness ;).

i eat lean Proteins (chicken breast, 96% lean beef patties/steak, cheese cubes) and alot of Protein rich veggies aka beans....that is what keeps me full longer (and i do also drink Protein Shakes (i love them myself and enjoy drinking me a chocolate milkshake)...if you are hungry, eat real food and def drink alot more..sometimes being hungry is just your body saying drink more