Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my surgery date, time, all pre-op and post-op appointments...

Am I doing the right thing??? (Not really looking for answer... just hope I am!!)

Man... it is super exciting and nervewracking....

Hey there, congratulations on your date........it will be the best thing you do.........I am only at the start, 3 weeks being banded and struggling with suitable foods for liquids and now soft mushies (yippeee finally), but if I can do it all, anyone can. Do u live in NC, I live in New Zealand but my sister lives in Atlanta, we always go to visit!

Good luck!!!!!!!

it's the best thing you can do; i was banded in dallas on 1/16/06; lost 40 lbs; 3 fills; foods are easy, real easy; enjoy sugar free pudding; chocolate kisses/hershey bars melt down easily in you; i eat a lot of fajitas, chicken wings, fish, chips and queso; eggs; Protein bars; i have just started Water aerobics; the surgery goes by fast; since i have done it, 6 of my friends have done it and are doing well;

Julie

I am with you. Totally nervous. Have fantasies about clothes buying (and Idon't like to shop)! Thinking about all of the activities that I have been not doing because of my weight. But scared, really scared.

When's your date? I'm June 16th. Not nervous yet just excited. Talk to me in June... I'll be a nervous wreck right along with you!

Hi!

I am 6 days post-op, and things are going great. Since I first met and signed up with my coordinator, on April 19, I have lost 20 pounds, 5.4 of which are since by surgery. My big day was May 3, and I am so anxious for the day to be able to shop in a regular clothing store!!

Judy Ann

Hi , I'm now getting excited and nervous. Surgery date is May 25 . I have started to stock up on Protein replacement meals.

My Doctor has recommended that for the week before surgery I have only cottage cheese and yogurt. Has anyone else had that protocol?

Thanks for your support

I have 100 pounds to lose and it seems imposible to see that far ahead so I will follow some of you that are ahead of me.

Thanks again:)

Cookinjilli~

I, like you, am looking at 100 pounds to lose. I don't know, when I reach that point, I may decide to lose a few more. I am 5'4 1/2" with a med frame. This is the neatest website. I just stumbled upon it the other day, right about the time I was banded on May 3. We will be about 3 weeks apart. Good luck! So far, I have had an easy time with it. I just do not like wearing these surgical hose for 2 weeks!!!!

Judy Ann

Hi Judy ann

Nice to hear from you. I will follow you , so you will be my inspiration (haha) When I hit 100 pounds I also will descide if I should go a little farther.

I am a chef by trade so this surgery will present new challenges i'm sure

Keep me updated

Jill

who in the heck told you to wear surgical hose; never heard of such a thing; i was banded 1/16 and hve lost 40 lbs and got my 4th fill today to a 8.2 cc and she told me now i will see the weight come off as i normally could eat a whole hamburger and she said now i will be able to eat a fourth of it; it's a good jump start; did you guys have the large band or small band? i have the large band

yes liquids for the week before and after each fill; see if you can find labrada Protein Drink, tastes like chocolate milk and it's already pre mixed and has 30 grams of protein; also smoothie king has the gladiator, strawberries/bananas or raspberr/strawberry and it has 45 grams of Protein and so yummy;

Hey J~

My doctors had told me to wear them. I took them off for a funeral I had to attend yesterday, wore them again today, and I threw them in the trash just a while ago! I just assumed everybody had to wear them since it was stressed to me! They have about driven me crazy. I am hot natured to begin with and wearing those under my jeans was about my limit today because it got up around 90!!

Cook~

I love to cook too, though I am not a chef by any means. I made the mistake of picking some blackberries the day after my surgery to cook a cobbler for my husband, and I got a little sore because of that, but I really think it did me good in the long run. I didn't suffer any at all with gas as some have, and the only sore spot I have now is around my port site. I sure haven't heard of the cottage cheese and yogart. I would have really enjoyed that one!! ha! Today is my One Week Anniversary!

Judy Ann

Jamoorse~

Have you had any trouble with the bun part of the hamburger being "sticky" and not wanting to pass on down? A friend of mine that had the band 7 weeks ago was telling me she eats hamburgers, chineese, mexican, or anything she wants, just smaller portions and just chews it well. I am still on simple Tomato Soup, diluted. I did boil a potato and made some potato Soup. I read where some of the banders had a tomato-cheese soup they were doing. That sounded so good!!!

don't eat bread, not good along with rice and pasta; just quit eating them; i order cheeseburgers without the bun with grilled onions and mushrooms; fajitas without the tortillas, put sour cream and cheese on top and enjoy; i ate 7 days after my surgery; i eat regular 48 hours after my fill; all is good; rice, Pasta are way too high in sugar and carbs; i eat baked potatoes a lot with lots of cheeese and sour cream to make it kind of mushy or soft;

Judy Ann glad you got rid of those hose; yes sore around the port stays a while but that is normal; i don't know about the cottage cheese and yogurt but i eat that alone alot; get your walking and exercise in; i highly recommend Water aerobics after 6 weeks of surgery, it's great, really great

Thanks Jam for your insights. It sure is great to have people let you know what to expect, and how to do it safely and effectively.

I use alot of Protein Powder shakes and was wondering if that would be ok for my preop diet instead of the cottage cheese and yogurt. I do not normally eat or drink alot of dairy. Also I cannot find the Isopure drinks that the clinic is recommending for 1 week post op. I from Ontario Canada if anyone can help me locate them

Thanks again