Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone watch Oprah on Monday?

Finally got to watch Oprah on my TiVo last night and Monday's show was so great....did anyone else see it? I love Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen and I would love for them to come to my house and clean out my pantry!!! After seeing it I started looking at my pantry and reading the labels and OMG!!! :faint: I would need to clean it out too!!! It is unreal how what you think is "good" for you really isn't and the food companies "fool" you into thinking that it is. And then watching the bypass surgery made MY heart race! It was so intense when he couldn't get her heart to beat again!!! I have that book at home and have I read it yet? NO! Do I need to? Yes!! And I will because that show scared the hell out of me. And everything that he says to eat that are good for you I actually like and could do it..I just have to get myself motivated to change and do it!!! I love spinach, salmon, Tomato, raw nuts, etc... So I think I am going to try to do some of the things that they talked about doing to be a little healthier. I am 33 and I bet my real age is probably 45! ;) So, I am going to get out my book and get to reading!!!

I caught a bit of it and was floored cause there is alot of what I call ready made boxes I usually buy rather than making something from scratch. I am going to try to incorperate a more healthy selection for not only me and my boys but I too think I am way past my years according to what they would find in my Pantry.. YiKES

I did not get to see the RYN ~ missied that.

i did not see it. sorry i missed it too. i love shows like that.

i have been watching a lot of the food shows on fit tv and have really been making big changes with the family's diet. and the kids and DH seem to be enjoying it and benefitting from it.

I have gotten rid of most of the premade foods, and have been buying lots of fresh meats, veggies and fruits. we ever try to get fresh spices. The Cereal we buy we get from the bulk foods section, and it is fresh oats, apples, and nuts. dinner and lunch are all natural and fresh as well, and we rarely eat anything that has preservatives in it anymore. and it is interesting how we feel from it all. dh says he is not so tired. the kids are sleeping through the night again, and my skin has cleared up a lot! dh's breath even smells better! LOL

I was shocked at the amount of fat around the patients heart. It looked like a chicken breast with the skin still of it. My husband was shocked also. We are both ICU nurses and it really made us stop and think. I am definitely doing some food changes. Fortunately I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago and he quit last year. So the food demon is our last to fight. M

Kathy,

What's the name of the book? I don't have Tivo and I almost never see Oprah.

I saw part of it and I was also shocked at how fatty the heart was! Bet mine looks like that .... or used to. I really eat a lot healthier now.

It was interesting.

I saw that Oprah show & continue to think about it every day. I had no idea how much crap is in our foods!!! The first 5 ingredients of all my food is all on the bad list!!! I am amazed!! The girl who did the 3-month life change looked absolutely beatiful. She didn't even look like the same person.

Oh, I love Oprah. Dr. Phil is right up there with her. ;)

The girl who did the 3-month life change looked absolutely beatiful. She didn't even look like the same person.;)

OH yes!!! That woman was BEAUTIFUL!!! I love Before and Afters of any kind!

I saw it too! I got up and looked at all of my labels too. It was shocking how much of that crap I had in there. I also copied down a list of the things he said that everyone should get in every week for optimal health if anyone's interested:

Garlic

Tomato Sauce

Olive Oil (refrigerate or keep in a dark bottle)

Spinach

Nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts - raw & unroasted)

Pomegranite fruit or juice

I'm heading to the Whole Foods store this weekend.

I also TiVo'ed it and watched it yesterday. It was wild. I also have the book which is called "You - The owners Manual" by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen. It's a great book, very informative and a pretty easy read. They have it at sam's for like $13.00 or so.

That heart surgery was so sad I was scared she wouldn't live.

I wish the food companies wouldn't quit going the cheap route and use real foods ingredients instead of all the junk. Like the high frutouse corn Syrup. I never realized how bad it was.

Here's a list of the top 5 bad stuff to look for

1. Hydrogenated oil

2. Suger

3. High fructose corn syrup

4. Enriched wheat flour (white flour)

5. Saturated fat

It's on www.Oprah.com there is a whole bunch about the show.

She had a great show...i will totally be incorporating alot of the things he said into my kids diets. for sure whole wheat bread. i looked in my pantry and boy most of the stuff i have is crap with extra crap mixed in. I will be making major changes in my diet and for my boys also.

It was a great show.

ana

I went to Dr. Roizen's website for his Real Age test and found out that I am really only 35...not bad! I guess changing alot of what I do can make a difference! I did the test a few years ago and I know it was way higher than that!!!

www.realage.com