Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the start of my journey!! I am completely approved

Well guys today has been the best day of my life in the past 2 1/2 yrs I just found out that I've been fully and completely approved for the lap bad surgery!!! Everything will be paid in full by my insurance(:

All I need to do is do the weight loss program before surgery, which I am fine with it will help me so much in the end. I will be doing 6 months of WW and will ne the Lowe 10% of my excess body weight which is only 26lbs, I have to lose that much and nothing less. But if I lose more I am still able to get my surgery no matter what I could lose 50lbs and still get the surgery!! Which is awesome guys. I will be banded by my 22nd birthday which is January 26th that will be the best birthday gift ever!!!

I legit cried when they told me ill be getting the surgery no matter how much lbs I lost during WW and that everything is going to be paid in full! Words do not describe how I feel omg omg that's all I can say!!

Starting weight: 261.8

End of WW GW: 235.8

Lap band 1st GW: 200lbs

Lap band 2nd GW: 175lbs

Lap band 3rd GW: 155lbs

I wanna reach my final GW by my sons 3rd bday next year in September!

Which will be 8-9months of being banded hopefully!

Congratulations and welcome to the journey of a lifetime! I wish you well!

congrats on being approved. one suggestion...don't fixate on goal weights or the timeframe to achieve them. you only set yourself up for failure if you don't reach those goals. you're being very aggressive....nearly 100 lbs in 9 months. not everyone loses that quickly. I'm not trying to rain on your parade..I'm just saying to look at shorter term goals and go from there. welcome to this site and again congrats on starting your journey.

one-ste-at-a-time.jpg?84cd58

you can do it.....congrats on this great news

:)

congrats on being approved. one suggestion...don't fixate on goal weights or the timeframe to achieve them. you only set yourself up for failure if you don't reach those goals. you're being very aggressive....nearly 100 lbs in 9 months. not everyone loses that quickly. I'm not trying to rain on your parade..I'm just saying to look at shorter term goals and go from there. welcome to this site and again congrats on starting your journey.

Thank you everyone and yes I know but I rather set my odds higher so if I do fail ill work even harder to make that goal, and 9 months will just be my banded months I'm starting my journey now so really its not 9 months to reach 100+ lbs its more like 1yr and 3months = 15months all together to reach my goal of 155lbs

Congrats!!! I just sent my evaluation form the other day so I am waiting to hear back for approval. My insurance also covers the procedure. I was a little bummed having to wait 6 months, but I understand it is in my best interest!

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!

** New to this site, I was able to load a pic on album but it won't let me add profile pic? Like I can't click on it so i think it's site issue?

Congratulations...very exciting!