Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First person to notice weight loss..that didn't know I had lapband

Well Monday I had my first person that didn't know I had lap band ask if I had lost weight :):)

I work with constant people and a few that knew have mentioned my face looking thinner and shirts looking baggy but Monday morning was the first time I had seen one of the construction men working on our building since the week before surgery. He walked in and starts talking to me then mid sentence stopped and asked if I had lost weight.

I told him that I had lapband on the 7th of this month because I guess I felt he needed to know I hadn't done it on my own.?.

Anyways since my preop I have went from 243 down to 209 (scale said 208-208.5 this morning when I woke up)

It felt very good for others to notice. I know my scale is moving but I don't feel skinnier even when my pant don't stay on as well as before..

That's awesome! How much have you lost after getting the band, not including pre-op diet?

Congrats you deserve that great acknowledgement.. you did the work the band is just the tool! :)

That's awesome! How much have you lost after getting the band' date=' not including pre-op diet?[/quote']

Right about 10-12 pounds but that's in the past week or two. The first week or two of surgery I actually gained weight -about three pounds:/

My scale didn't start moving at all until I started on mush foods. I was incredibly swollen after surgery and it stayed that way over two weeks. Of course it was better by the day but still swollen.

Doctor told me I lost about 18 on preop but I didnt weigh myself before at my house so I can't give a accurate number on tht because my pre op class was several days into my pre op diet

that's awesome!

I see so many people have dropped so much during their pre-op diet. My surgeon only asked I do three days on liquid before surgery, I'm kind of wishing he would've given me a pre-op diet to follow too.

I see so many people have dropped so much during their pre-op diet. My surgeon only asked I do three days on liquid before surgery' date=' I'm kind of wishing he would've given me a pre-op diet to follow too.[/quote']

I had a two day all liquid but a two week diet all together. Two Protein drinks and one meal. But yes so far that's were I most of the weight. I kind of wish I had done it longer than too weeks though

That must have been a great feeling. Bottle it, and remember it!!

That's awesome!!!

good job...I know what you mean tho. I've lost 39 lbs since January but cannot see it. I was expecting to react the same way in myself as when I look at pics on the internet of people who lost weight, the before and after but it ain't happening...lol Oh well. Keep up the good work. :)

I look in a mirror and it might as well be the kind in a fun house. Still look short and stout.

Someone saw me today at the office and told me it was time to get some new pants....he said it looked like I was wearing "Harem pants". It was nice that someone besides my wife noticed the change. And whoever said it before was right....bottle that feeling, it is great.

Thanks y'all

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches