Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet for June 10th Surgery

I'm a June bandster too.. Surgery was moved up today to this Tuesday. Holy |#%> it's here! My surgeon doesn't require but a one day pre-op diet. Hang in there. It's motivating to hear you guys making it through each day! Keep up the good work - your positive attitudes are contagious!

Oh man I'm jealous! One day pre-op diet. These two weeks are going to be long. Good luck, let us know how it goes. Best wishes justaprettyface! :)

Good morning from MD, Just checking in with everyone .This is the beginning of day five , and I am feeling ummmm positive lol.... The good lord is giving super natural strength to get through this, and so far so good... There are moments when I think I NEED FOOD! I am keeping myself extremely busy these days, and focused on my goal... Keep up the good work everyone, praying for you all..

Well we are almost half way there! Doing ok here, I was doing some intense yard work and started feeling weak so I ate some beef Jerky. Other than that, I'm sticking to it. Kinda had a headache today, but nothing too bad. Hope you guys are doing well.

My surgery is June 10 also. Had a hard time with the diet yesterday. I was feeling like Tex, weak, foggy. I decided to eat a raw peeled cucumber, really helped. Had another today, filled me up and I feel satisfied. Much better. :)

less than 48 hours to go! I'm so excited - We are all going to do great. Today, I went out, bought Isopure Clear Protein Drinks, got my chapstick, broths, all I wish is I got new fuzzy socks :) LOL

Good luck to all those having surgery this month!

A few days late starting my preop diet but surgeons office says its fine. Today is day one- wish me luck- it's gonna be hard. Halfway thru my lean Protein Shake for Breakfast.< /p>

Well, I've started my pre-op diet this morning for my surgery on June 10th.

I have to say, I'm so happy to get started with the pre-op diet. Friday my friend visited my and brought over some left over pizza from this great pizza joint. We didn't eat it right then, he just left it so it would go to waste.

Well, the next day I re-heated it. Hungry, I started eating. I starting thinking, do I really want this surgery? I won't be able to chow down on pizza like this. Meaning, eat the usual huge amount of this delicious pizza and other foods. After three giant pieces of the pizza, I knew why I was here in the first place. I ate so much my stomach was entirely too full. You may know that I ate too much feeling; dumb, why did I do that "again"! Now I felt sluggish afterwards, as usual. I know better, but do it anyways. every time. :(

I'm not a grazer, when it's time to eat, "it's time to eat", and I always eat way too much, even when I know not to eat that much. That repeated experience just solidified my decision to change my life with the help of my upcoming banding.

Now that I've started the pre-op diet, I'm super excited to start on this new journey. I'm having a hiatal and umbilical hernia corrected during my band surgery. Can't wait! :)

I'm drinking the premier Protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. Green vegetables and 4 oz of chicken (cooked protein) for dinner, and 64 oz of Water or no calorie drink per day. Time for a new healthy life.

Day one, so far so good.

Any other upcoming June bandsters?

June 19th - my pre-op appointment is tomorrow, going to have a steak and lobster tail afterwards, then start my diet. Wish me luck!

Congrats to all of you who are about to be banded. I am chiming I with my two cents worth:

As far as food you " cannot have again" it is not a NO it is a NOT NOW. You will eat everything you want ( there are things that will bug u or that u just can't do... For me it's shrimp go figure) I just said to myself that I can have it I just can't have it now. Changing your mindset is essential for success.

For the preop diet -if you are hungry and can't make it it is better to have another two ounces of chicken than to say " screw it" and blow the whole thing with late night drive-through. ( my opinion of course) Art you did amazing just eating a cucumber! So smart!

I'm thrilled with my success and I am sure you will be too!

Congrats to all of you who are about to be banded. I am chiming I with my two cents worth:

As far as food you " cannot have again" it is not a NO it is a NOT NOW. You will eat everything you want ( there are things that will bug u or that u just can't do... For me it's shrimp go figure) I just said to myself that I can have it I just can't have it now. Changing your mindset is essential for success.

For the preop diet -if you are hungry and can't make it it is better to have another two ounces of chicken than to say " screw it" and blow the whole thing with late night drive-through. ( my opinion of course) Art you did amazing just eating a cucumber! So smart!

I'm thrilled with my success and I am sure you will be too!

I'm glad u posted this. I am on a liquid preop diet. I know it's frowned upon but I am feeling super hungry and was thinking of just some grilled chicken breast for dinner. I have to work and cannot be down right now.