Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet for June 10th Surgery

Well, I've started my pre-op diet this morning for my surgery on June 10th.

I have to say, I'm so happy to get started with the pre-op diet. Friday my friend visited my and brought over some left over pizza from this great pizza joint. We didn't eat it right then, he just left it so it would go to waste.

Well, the next day I re-heated it. Hungry, I started eating. I starting thinking, do I really want this surgery? I won't be able to chow down on pizza like this. Meaning, eat the usual huge amount of this delicious pizza and other foods. After three giant pieces of the pizza, I knew why I was here in the first place. I ate so much my stomach was entirely too full. You may know that I ate too much feeling; dumb, why did I do that "again"! Now I felt sluggish afterwards, as usual. I know better, but do it anyways. every time. :(

I'm not a grazer, when it's time to eat, "it's time to eat", and I always eat way too much, even when I know not to eat that much. That repeated experience just solidified my decision to change my life with the help of my upcoming banding.

Now that I've started the pre-op diet, I'm super excited to start on this new journey. I'm having a hiatal and umbilical hernia corrected during my band surgery. Can't wait! :)

I'm drinking the Premier Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch. Green vegetables and 4 oz of chicken (cooked protein) for dinner, and 64 oz of Water or no calorie drink per day. Time for a new healthy life.

Day one, so far so good.

Any other upcoming June bandsters?

Take it one day a time. I am 19 months out from surgery and can eat anything I want, just less of it. I find I have no desire to overeat. It is not worth the stuffed feeling afterwards. Hang in there. You will do fine!

Thanks Cheznoel. I'm excited for the future!

Well, I've started my pre-op diet this morning for my surgery on June 10th.

I have to say, I'm so happy to get started with the pre-op diet. Friday my friend visited my and brought over some left over pizza from this great pizza joint. We didn't eat it right then, he just left it so it would go to waste.

Well, the next day I re-heated it. Hungry, I started eating. I starting thinking, do I really want this surgery? I won't be able to chow down on pizza like this. Meaning, eat the usual huge amount of this delicious pizza and other foods. After three giant pieces of the pizza, I knew why I was here in the first place. I ate so much my stomach was entirely too full. You may know that I ate too much feeling; dumb, why did I do that "again"! Now I felt sluggish afterwards, as usual. I know better, but do it anyways. every time. :(

I'm not a grazer, when it's time to eat, "it's time to eat", and I always eat way too much, even when I know not to eat that much. That repeated experience just solidified my decision to change my life with the help of my upcoming banding.

Now that I've started the pre-op diet, I'm super excited to start on this new journey. I'm having a hiatal and umbilical hernia corrected during my band surgery. Can't wait! :)

I'm drinking the Premier Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch. Green vegetables and 4 oz of chicken (cooked protein) for dinner, and 64 oz of Water or no calorie drink per day. Time for a new healthy life.

Day one, so far so good.

Any other upcoming June bandsters?

not upcoming but a year post op for me june 6th

best of luck to you...it sounds as if you have a great attitude

and common sense so you should do well....hang in there during

the rough parts....imagine what you will be saying a year from now :)

Good luck to you :)

I know exactly how u feel:) my surgery is June 13. I don't start my preop until Saturday. I'm on a farewell of foods I will never eat again tour???± not too bad though. It's nice to see a positive attitude after the first day:)

I'm June 10 as well. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I had the same thoughts about eating this past week end, do I really want this? I'm not a grazer either, I have a meat-tooth. This pre-op sucks, but I think about my son, and I want be around for him. We got this man, good luck, and thanks for sharing your story, I needed that right now!

I happy that others feel the same way I do. It really helps to know that others are going though the same experiences and emotions. Today is going to be a rough day. My niece is graduating from high school and we are having a get together at my home, with food of course. I'll be strong and stay the course, just because I do not want to fail again, as with other diets.

I've also thought this to be a good test on will power for the remainder of the two week pre-op diet.

I was also surprised at the amount of chicken 4 oz is. On paper 4 oz's sounded like nothing, but when I weighed it out, it satisfied me with the small green salad and lots of Water a while afterwards.

Of course by the time dinner was rolling around, I was ready to eat. i ate slow, put down my silverware between bites and was happy afterwards (practicing). Still not so bad on the pre-op diet. However, I've warned my friends if I turn into a grouchy bear, they will know why! :lol:

Yep, I don't really get chicken and salad. I do 3 Protein Shakes, a Greek yogurt, and a can of Soup. Chicken would be golden! However, at least we get to eat something, a lot of people on here are not getting any food, just liquid. I'm 6'4 and 415 lbs, so I get an extra Protein Shake. Good luck tonight man! We will be done soon. Just two weekends.

I am on day two of my pre-op diet ....WOW today was rough for me, and I am praying tomorrow will be better.... My surgery date is June 11th. Good luck and lots of love fellow bandsters :)

I am on day two of my pre-op diet ....WOW today was rough for me, and I am praying tomorrow will be better.... My surgery date is June 11th. Good luck and lots of love fellow bandsters :)

my date is June 10th too. i was fine until last night. i want to eat!!!! this liquid diet really sucks but i know in the end it will all be worth it!!!! good luck to you!!!! :D

One day closer.

I agree, day two was rough. I was getting grouchy, probably due to the sudden lack of carbs.

Day three, today, is better, but I woke up feeling a little weak. My energy seems a little better into the late afternoon. I've also introduced Crystal light into the mix. I've never had it before, it's really good. Helps a lot.

Looks like there is quite a few of us getting ready for the band in the same week. Let's hang in there!