Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just found out my so called full liquid diet is not so "full". It seems the only thing "full" about it is the Meal Replacement shakes the rest is Clear Liquids. I've been mentally prepared for months to be on a full liquid diet and now the day before I find out it is going to be more clear than full. I'm so freaked out right now. I've got less than 24 hrs to prepare myself for this and my anxiety is high. I'm worried if I can do it. The nut said this is the hardest part. I'm not so sure about that from what I've read. I think she was just trying to help me when I said oh no. Any words of encouragement? I do only have to do this for a week. But I'm worried about my strength and sugar levels and I can't have sugary juices. How do I do this? Help!

One day at a time! You haven't come this far to let one short week of liquids sabotage the mental preparedness you have developed. Think of how fast the weeks have gone by in the last month or so. You can do this!

I just found out my so called full liquid diet is not so "full". It seems the only thing "full" about it is the meal replacement shakes the rest is clear liquids. I've been mentally prepared for months to be on a full liquid diet and now the day before I find out it is going to be more clear than full. I'm so freaked out right now. I've got less than 24 hrs to prepare myself for this and my anxiety is high. I'm worried if I can do it. The nut said this is the hardest part. I'm not so sure about that from what I've read. I think she was just trying to help me when I said oh no. Any words of encouragement? I do only have to do this for a week. But I'm worried about my strength and sugar levels and I can't have sugary juices. How do I do this? Help!

sounds like the one i was on.

its hard, no lie

the first 4 or 5 days were brutal

but drink and do your SF popsicles (which saved me)

and do what you have to do..

if you go into thinking you cant, you maybe right

so go in there thinking, yeah i want to lose weight

and i have to do this in order to have surgery......then do it.

do the best you can

been there/done that as why i am saying what i did.

i was 336 when i started.....i was in horrible shape. it was

either do it.....or remain the same. i made my choice...

now you make yours....much love 2 you

Keeping positive thoughts for you this week! You can do this. A week you won't have to live through again. Keep your goal in mind, remember why you got started on your journey in the first place. Keep smiling. :)

Steph, you'll do great! Like everyone else said we've come so far, prepared our minds for this huge change and one week to change the rest of our lives will be worth it! Don't give up and never say u can't do it, becuz you CAN! I go for my pre op today so I'll find out what I have to do and my surgery is next Thursday! It will be all worth it in the end... And if you ever need someone I'm here! We have this life changing opportunity that many ppl don't... And keep busy! Time will fly!

It is tough. This is what I was on. Your body gets used to eating less after 3 days and the growling in your stomach calms down. just make sure you have everything you need at hand so if you do get hungry you are not tempted to cheat. Willpower has to play a big part in it. How bad do you want it!

Good luck to you!!

Ok, there are several Clear Liquids. sugar free Jello, clear protien drinks, crystal light, sugar free Popsicle, go on line, I love Amazon for it's diversity of products, secure ordering and delivery. broth, all kinds. You could even open up a can of Soup and strain it. Don't forget about spices. Cinnamon in your tea or coffee etc..

You can do this. Almost all of us had a pre op liquid diet. The first two to three days are tough, it gets easier. A year from now, you will be the one to say this to someone else to pay it forward! Dig down deep girl! Try to see it as a challenge, not an obstacle. Change your internal dialog from I don't think.. To I can do this, just watch me! You are not a quitter!

Try to plan to keep yourself busy, do something you love, a craft, a juicy new book, get up off your bum and move! Keep your mind off of it.

I know you can, as Carolina girl says: if you WANT IT.

It IS tough! But just think, if it was easy WE wouldn't have gotten to that point where we needed surgery...

How to get through it? For me, mine was a one week CLEAR LIQUIDS ONLY....no full nothing, no shakes, no one small meal, etc. Basically, ZERO calories for a week.

I started out by thinking this is today...get through today. Worry about tomorrow later. I kept myself away from anyone who was "eating" for that ONE WEEK. When they would eat, I'd go for a walk. Drink lots! I kept a little paper, some may call it a diary/journal, etc. It helped me....not sure why, but it did. It wrote down how I felt, what I drank, etc. About day three, I felt better....knew I could do it. And I didn't cheat....ever during that week. You can do it....but it is hard. One day at a time...Best of luck!

Anyone can do anything they set their minds on! The pre op diet is good preparation to get you thinking that way, and prepare to work hard with your band. You got this!

I had to do a week of clear fluids and then full liquids for another week.

If you are like me, the first week will not be a problem. The swelling kept me from drinking as much as I wanted. Like Carolinagirl said, sf popsicles, broth, water,I drank Diet Gatorade too.

Its only a week, you can do it. Just drink all day long.

Good Luck!

It is definitely tough- but I felt better after the 3rd day, it started to be easier on me. The sugar free popsicles were a big help. I found ones that were only 10 calories and they helped me a lot make it through! Keeping busy helps as well....I went to bed early every night too, and that also helped me!

you can do it!! I have to do 3 weeks of the shakes, Clear liquids, SF popsicles and Jello for pre op

believe me, I never thought I would be able to do it, but now im almost done with 2 weeks.

the first few days are bad.. and when people eat around you is pretty bad. I just have to go in the other room...

I have to do two weeks, I am one week in and I can tell you the first 3-4 days are hell, I didn't think I could do it. I'm finishing day six and the last 2-3 days haven't been that bad. The broth, sf Jello and popsicles help. Also, if you have a Kroger, they have sugar free jello squares. I find them good for when I go to the fridge for a snack. You CAN do this and don't let anyone get into your head and tell you that because you cant do this or because you struggle with it you cant be successful! That's bull! Someone told me I should reconsider because I found this so hard. In my opinion if you don't find this hard you don't need the band in the first place. Good luck, you will be fine! When you need food, find something else to do, walk, clean, sleep! Good luck!

I have to do two weeks, I am one week in and I can tell you the first 3-4 days are hell, I didn't think I could do it. I'm finishing day six and the last 2-3 days haven't been that bad. The broth, sf Jello and popsicles help. Also, if you have a Kroger, they have sugar free jello squares. I find them good for when I go to the fridge for a snack. You CAN do this and don't let anyone get into your head and tell you that because you cant do this or because you struggle with it you cant be successful! That's bull! Someone told me I should reconsider because I found this so hard. In my opinion if you don't find this hard you don't need the band in the first place. Good luck, you will be fine! When you need food, find something else to do, walk, clean, sleep! Good luck!

Yes to the prepackaged sugar free Jello squares from Kroger!!!!! I lived on those! Lol