Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Arkansas

Sugarbear,

I'm having my surgery in Little Rock by Dr. Rex Luttrell. I am supposed to go on a "two Protein shake meals and a reasonable meal" regimen for two weeks prior to surgery. I am assuming a "reasonable meal" would be something on the order of a Healthy Choice or similar frozen dinner.

I have the Protein Shake stuff from Luttrell's office sitting on the shelf ready for the pre-op and have purchased some Protein Shake from Wal Mart to try a two week stint starting tomorrow morning. Kind of like the old Jerry CLower story about Marcel Ledbetter going home to eat the big watermelon to see if he could come back and handle eating the stranger's watermelon to win a bet!

I would have set the date for the week of Jan 29th or Feb 5th but my wife and I are going on a cruise (scheduled months ago) with friends and family that week. I couldn't see any sense in having WLS AND a cruise consecutively....that's just wrong on multiple levels. I'd also just like to lose a few pounds just before the cruise. My last hurrah I guess. :P

I get the impression there are a lot more LB'd folks in this area than I imagined.

If anyone located SW Arkansas or NE Texas oe that surrounding area want to talk to folks from there, go to the Texarkana Bandster thread, Quite a few there. A lot of them use or are planning to use Dr. Heiker/Dr. Keilin in Texarkana Texas.

I live in the Russellville area. Dr. Wellborn did my surgery on 1/27/06. I have lost 26 pounds since then.

How much have you lost? How may fills have you had? What band do you have? I have the 10cc VG Band.

:mad:

:sick I have a cold..boo..anyway, I was banded by DR. W on jan 5 07 and I dont even know what kind of band I have....When did they tell you it was a VG band?? How big were you? I go tomorrow for my first fill so I may find out by then. I am in Beebe..geri:bandit

If anyone located SW Arkansas or NE Texas oe that surrounding area want to talk to folks from there, go to the Texarkana Bandster thread, Quite a few there. A lot of them use or are planning to use Dr. Heiker/Dr. Keilin in Texarkana Texas.

By-the-way, that thread is located on the Texas forum.

I live in South west Arkansas and am planning to get the band done on March 23, 2007. Dr. Keilin is my doctor. Problem is I'm so scared and thinking about backing out. It's such a life changing thing and I don't know if I can do it. I would be paying it myself and I would hate to not succeed at this. I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can and it seems like the more I learn the more scared I get. If anyone would like to chat about this I would love to talk to ya..!!! Please Help!!!

Dr. Heiker and Dr. Keilin are lap-band surgeons in Texarkana. There is a support group that meets every month there. I will be banded in a couple of weeks by Dr. Keilin, Dr. Heiker assisting. There is also a thread called Texarkana Bandsters. They are all banded by that team. I am doing my pre-op now.

I live in South west Arkansas and am planning to get the band done on March 23, 2007. Dr. Keilin is my doctor. Problem is I'm so scared and thinking about backing out. It's such a life changing thing and I don't know if I can do it. I would be paying it myself and I would hate to not succeed at this. I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can and it seems like the more I learn the more scared I get. If anyone would like to chat about this I would love to talk to ya..!!! Please Help!!!

Hello tmiller. I am about to be banded in a couple of weeks by Dr. Keilin also. I went by there (PS) to talk with them a little further. I talked to Betty. She is very nice and very educated about the procedure. I had many questions and she answered every one and very throughly. I feel much better since that visit. Yes, I am definitely nervous. Yes, it is life changing. BUT, so is a stroke, diabetes, knee problem, back problems, and what ever els comes in time with obesity. That is how I have to look at it. I feel like I need this tool to help me. I can't seem to do it alone.

Of course this has to be your decision, no one elses. I have decided being fat is harder than this is going to be. Physically, and emotionally for me. I had thought of backing out too, but not now. There is a thread is the Texas forum called Texarkana Bandsters. Come by there and visit I think you will get a lot of support. (or March Bandsters too.) I am not even sure which one I am on now. Anyway, they are very nice at PS and will answer all questions. It is reassuring to get you info from the horses mouth too. Take care. keep us posted

Another doctor told me good things about Dr. Wellborn, have any of you had a banding by him? Was it a good experience?

that is who did mine..i have had my second fill so i am almost 1/2 full..i still need more, although I did get stuck the other night and had to clear it out..eww..not that bad tho..:) i am still not eating that great...i love Cereal and it seems to be my downfall right now..everything else i am doing ok..oh and not much exersise..oppp geri

I've also been referred to Dr. Wellborn. I'm attending the seminar next week. I'm nervous...but excited also. I'm not even sure I will get approved by insurance yet.

Dr. John Baker performed my surgery in Little Rock. I think he is a very good surgeon. He shares an office with Dr. Wellborn but they are not partners.

Hello all. The last time I posted I had not been banded. Wellll...I am one week post-op today. I am feeling good, sore but good. I am on liquids for another week. That is okay, anything is better than post-op. I can have thinned down cream Soup, sf hot chocolate, any low or sf drinks except carbonated. I go for check up tomorrow. I will try to remember to come back here and post. I usually post in the Texas forum at Texarkana Bandsters. Dr. Keilin and Dr. Heiker do all the banding there., or the March bander thread. Good luck to you all. I am new but will gladly answer any questions.