Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric bypass patients

Elisabethsew ~ You are so inspirational!! If I need a pick-me-up, I'm calling on you!! :biggrin1: If it is to be, then it's up to me (something from a diet class years ago)....still holds true today.

I had my lapband pre-op class today and was totally shocked when 2 people asked what RNY & Duodenal Switch was. :P First of all, I would think their surgeon should have advised them of their options. Second, why are they having surgery if they didn't do some research on their own? I still can't believe it. Thank goodness these people had different surgeons (hospital supports several bariatric surgeons) than mine b/c I would have had some questions.

Bottom line is ITS YOUR CHOICE everyone can give only their side of what they did and thats what they did...............Good luck in your decision

I sometimes too wish I could lose more & faster than 1 pound a week. But just last thursday as I sat at my support group I was reminded that I made the correct desicion for me. Because I was the only one there w/the band the rest were all GB & their hair was well..... one was wearing a wig & all the other ladies young & old had such horribly thin hair. I am so happy that I do not. I know that is very vain but I guess I am vain or I wouldn't have cared about losing weight in the first place.

Just wondering has anyone regretted getting there band I met someone in a store getting jeans. she pulled up and 18 and said these are so big. I said I'll take them. She stated I was there once I had gastric bypass and have lost 110 pounds in less than a year. She actually looked really skinny and here I am losing 59 in little over a year I am discouraged it took alot of time to get proper restriction it feels that I have not done well I wanted to lose 100 in a year I am feeling that I made the wrong decision does anyone feel the same please reply

OH YES!!!

I am very angry. I have been dealing with a lot of anger and depression, to the point I am not fighting the urge to diet harder and eat only empty items void of anything. No carbs no fat no nothing.

I have about 50 pounds I want to loose to my personal goal. I have lost almost 18 and am so damned determined it is scarry.

My sister had RNY and lost 112 pounds in 8 mths. I am the one that told her about this and she got her ins to approver her sooner.

My FIL and so many others are watching me as they want to have surgery, but not something to radical as RNY, so I feel A LOT of pressure on top of it all.

Yeah, I am screwed in the head. I know. But I think I am some what copeing. Sorda.