Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to site New Journey

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and already I have read tons of informative and encouraging information! I'm in the very beginning stages if gettin prepared for the lapband. Seeing a nutritionist and having my psy assessment next week. I have been researching this procedure for about 2 yrs an finally decided to start the process. Some days I am 100% sure I want to go forward with the procedure other days I am nervous, a friend recommended this site so here I am!

You'll be nervous until about 10 days after surgery :o Then you'll be excited to really get this rocket launched. Congrats on the 2 year research. You should be well prepared by surgery day.

tmf

So far I like this site. I am set for surgery May 3, and just found this today and I am loving it. Good Luck to you!

I am set for surgery on May 3 and found this site today and I am loving it. I was on other ones. Good Luck to you!

Pkchop thank you! I just signed up for this site but i find it very helpful. Although there are some people in my life who support my decision there are others who express negative aspects of having the surgery from there perspective of course. Its great to be able to hear real info from those who are going through the process. Good luck to you on your surgery!

I am in the same boat (so to say) my hubby said not NO but H$$$ NO! My mother had story after story. Hubby had to come around because I am cash pay and needed his help. A wife has her way to get the Hubby to come to her side! LOL but as for my Mom she is not hearing it. So I went looking for information and found this site. I hope you find what you are looking for. Please keep me updated on you.

Hello Moorecr and Pkchop... Congrats on getting your date for surgery set. Everyone is not always on board with you but it is good to have some that are supportive. I believe once you start losing weight and moving forward with a healthier lifestyle, the others will jump aboard. Lapband is a lot safer than the other weight loss surgeries, so that is a positive to share with your families. Good Luck.

For you newbies, here's a post link that is a must see. It was posted by Alex the creator of this site and is loaded with information. I recommend you watch each video. Some of the information may conflict with what your doctor or nutritionist might tell you so always follow your own doctors orders:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/167435-look-at-my-face/#entry1967504

2Muchfun thank you for the link I will definitely check that out! MonicaD thank you for the encouraging words, I will assure my friends and fam if the fact that lapband is a more safe option, hopefully they will come around:)

I'm in the same stage of the process. I'll have psy assessment and mtg with nutritionist in a couple weeks. I think your feelings are the same as mine. I have a family member and friend who have had this done. After a couple years of really trying to figure it out on my own, I came to the conclusion, this may be the tool I need to get to a maintain a healthier weight. Some days I'm excited and some days I question it. The pros far outweigh the cons though. I purchased the book mentioned on this site. I'm about half way through it. A lot of great info, I would recommend.

I have a first meeting on 4/18. So excited to get started.