Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Solids Stage Recipes

~BBQ meat LOAF~

1-2 lbs lean hamburg I use 85% but it's still pretty greasy you can use lower if you can. I dump out excess when done cooking.

1/2 sweet onion chopped

1 egg

about 1/2 cup bread crumb

BBQ Sauce -I like SWEET BABY RAYS-honey I don't measure but I know I use a lot 1 cup -1 1/2 MAYBE

375-400 deg. about an hr oven. I crank it up to 500 at the end for a crusty top & put more suace on it.

I eat 4 oz of this & it stays w/ me for HOURS!!

I have never cooked fish before. Does anyone know of GOOD recipe for Talapia. That is the least fishy fish out there and I want to start eating fish, but don't want fishy taste. Thanks. Oh and is Chili ok to eat?

Another thing that I do with Tilapia is I broil it. If you can find some blacken season or Mrs. Dash spray the fist whith cooking spray and season on both sides let rest for 5 min then broil for about 3 min on each side.

Hi :0) new here. what a kind group here;all sharing recipes. I have really not known what to do, and y'all have wonderful contributions. I'm wondering, do you think the book that's been mentioned would be helpful for a "banded" person, or only gastric by-pass?:sad:

A twist to the salmon patties is don't use the bread crumbs at all and I like to add finely chopped onions and jalapenos.

I like every thing hot!!!

By accident I overheated my corn tortilla. I broke off a piece and voilla! a baked tortilla chip.

1 Corn Tortilla (Mission lo fat)

Microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't overbrown.

Allow to cool and break into "baked" tortilla chips

Spray with no cal butter spray and season to taste before microwaving if you like.

Made a great "cracker" for my mexican salad (lettuce, 1/4 C refried Beans, 1 T lite sour cream, pinch of shredded cheese and salsa). I think I found a new lunch:hungry: :hungry:

Where have I been? I'll bet lots of people know this trick!!!

Hi Pinkylee, I'm getting into the refried Beans too. It's very filling but so tasty! The only difference is that I'm using burrios (is that how you spell it?). Wow. A lucky coincidence!

Hi Everyone....I was excited to see there is a book out there called before and after bariatric surgery. I just ordered it and can't wait to read it! I also went to the website which was so informative.Thanks for sharing this information Ubermom1! If anyone has any good ideas how to get over a plateau please write me and let me know! I had to cut down my exercise to almost nothing since end of July and feeling the effects from it. I just started again exercising but still have a long ways to go from what I was doing. Need a jumpstart to get my metabolism going again. Look forward to any suggestions!

Thanks for listening!

Wishing everyone a continued happy and healthy journey!

Jan421

Banded Dec. 21, 2005

Lost 54lbs since surgery

Kept off 40lbs before surgery

Total 94lbs down in all.

Clothes size before LAP-BAND® : 30/28

Clothes size after LAP-BAND®: 18/20

My goal is to get to a size 10/12.

One Day At A Time!

Hi Jan I was banded not long ago but seeing plateaus after the 2nd week after a fill. So I do exercise every day but now I mix it up so to "shock" my system. I do interval for 30min high and 1 min low for 20 min with a 2 min cool down. Then I do some planks arm lifts with weights and some buttock exercises etc. Every week I have 2 routines I alter each day and it seems to work. Also I was eating too low of calories for the activity I was doing. I hope this helps it did for me and I finally dropped below the 200 mark after 4 weeks of nothing.... Lots of Luck. PS you can look on line for different exercises that's where I get mine. :sad:

I will have to figure out the calories/carbs/fats later, the recipe didnt come with it nutritional information. But it is delicious for company or an evening home. I personally didnt have any problems with the pomegranate, but if you might you can leave it out as the mango really gives it its punch.

Mango Pomegranate Guacamole

Gourmet | November 2008

by Lillian Chou

350568_116.jpg enlarge image

Ingredients

• 4 ripe avocados (2 pounds total)
  • 1 cup finely chopped white onion
  • 2 fresh serrano chiles, finely chopped (2 tablespoons), including seeds
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, or to taste
  • 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
  • 3/4 cup diced peeled mango
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro

• Garnish: lime wedges

Mango Pomegranate Guacamole Recipe at Epicurious.com

I found this recipe at HUNGRY-GIRL.com. I tried it last week with Skippy Natural Peanut Butter ( a bit higher in calories but awsome on carbs and protein) and it's very good! 'Specially the pbcream part!! My bf is a diabetic so needless to say we BOTH were excited and satisfied with this treat!!

HG's Peanut Better Cups!

Ingredients:

1 8-oz. container Cool Whip Free

1/3 cup Better ‘n Peanut Butter, Regular Creamy

4 tbsp. Hershey’s Syrup, sugar free

Directions:

Line a 12-cupcake pan with cupcake holders, or spray pan with nonstick spray. Using a whisk, combine one cup of Cool Whip Free with Better 'n Peanut Butter. Fold in remaining Cool Whip. Pour the mixture into cupcake tin evenly (approx. 2.5 tablespoons each). Top each cup with a dollop of sugar-free chocolate syrup (about 1 tsp.). Freeze. Enjoy. Serves 12.

Serving Size: 1 cup

Calories: 56

Fat: 0.5g

Sodium: 61mg

Carbs: 10g

Fiber: 0g

Sugars: 2.5g

Protein: <1g

I did now I have invested in a mandoline that chops food

u can change the thickness of the slice.

I could not eat carrots, celery, lettuce all made me feel like I was having a heart attack.

NOW i slice really thin get the good stuff in my salad except i use spinach no lettuce. Try u never know & a huge thumbs up to Walden Farms ZERO CALORIES thank u!

I tried a new recipe for the family last night that was great and wanted to share it.

~Poached Salmon with Horseradish Sauce~

Cut up 2 lemons add to 5 cups of Water in a large skillet. Cover with top and cook on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Add salmon filets (I had about 1.5 lbs of filets) to to the mixture and recover. Cook 10 minutes. Turn burner off and let sit covered for 8-10 minutes. Remove salmon, drain, and plate immediately.

I add a dolop of the following mixture on top of the salmon to give it more taste:

Mix 1/2 cup low-fat may and 1/2 cup of low-fat sour cream. Add 2 tbl of prepared horseradish. Add 2 tsp. lemon juice. Add 1/2 tsp garlic seasoning. Season with pepper and salt to taste.

My wonderfully delicious Meatball recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. ground meat (I use 93% lean)
  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread
  • 1 cup fat free milk
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 TBS. dried parsley
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • ½ tsp. salt ( to taste)

1. Place the bread, milk, egg, parsley, salt, and cheese in a food processor and pulse untill well incorporated . It will be a very runny mixture
  2. Place mixture in mixing bowl and mix in ground beef
  3. The mixture will feel soft and moist. Shape into balls
  4. Bake meatballs in a deep baking pan @375* for 35-40 minutes with some olive oil cooking spray
  5. once your meatballs are cooked they are ready to be put into your favorite sauce( I use my own homemade)

P.S. these are so soft that i place one in a bowl with some sauce and blended a little with my hand blender and was able to eat them as a mushy

Tasty Quiche recipe my daughter got from somewhere (I'd tip the hat but she doesn't remember who or where it was posted to originally). Anyway she & her husband have been banded for about a year and make this into 4 servings for 2 meals. It freezes well once cooked for use within a month (it doesn't stay in the freezer that long though :lol: )

CRUSTLESS SPINACH–MUSHROOM QUICHE Sodium Per Serving – 112mg Serves 6 as an entrée, 8 as a side dish This recipe was given to me by a vegetarian friend. It is so good and no one will ever

know it contains tofu . . . unless you tell them!

Optional - I add 2 level tablespoons of Oscar Mayer real bacon bits but it does increase the quoted fat and salt levels a bit.

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon unsalted butter (This is also know as sweet butter)

½ sweet onion, diced

2 shallots, chopped

4 ounces mushrooms, chopped (about 1½ cups)

1 garlic clove, minced

¼ teaspoon dried basil

¼ teaspoon garlic or onion powder

¼ teaspoon dried tarragon

¼ teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

4 eggs, beaten, or ¾ cup egg substitute

8 ounces firm tofu

½ cup lowfat ricotta cheese

2 ounces no-salt-added Swiss cheese, shredded (about ½ cup) They used low fat slices diced into small bits.

¼ cup lowfat milk

1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out

teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (1/2 tsp dry ground spice may be substituted but flavor is not as intense)

Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Coat a 9-inch quiche or pie dish with nonstick

cooking spray.

Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onions, shallots and

mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes;

add garlic, basil garlic powder, tarragon, thyme, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly,

until you smell the garlic, 1 to 2 minutes;

remove from heat and let cool slightly.

Mix together the eggs, tofu, ricotta, Swiss cheese, milk, and spinach; add to onion

mixture.

Pour into prepared quiche dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until custard has set and top is lightly

browned. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.

NUTRITIONAL INFO PER 6 SERVINGS:

Calories 200

Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g)

Cholesterol 125mg

Carbohydrates 9g (Fiber 2g, Sugar 5g)

Protien 20g

Sodium 112mg

My wonderfully delicious Meatball recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. ground meat (I use 93% lean)
  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread
  • 1 cup fat free milk
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 TBS. dried parsley
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • ½ tsp. salt ( to taste)

1. Place the bread, milk, egg, parsley, salt, and cheese in a food processor and pulse untill well incorporated . It will be a very runny mixture
  2. Place mixture in mixing bowl and mix in ground beef
  3. The mixture will feel soft and moist. Shape into balls
  4. Bake meatballs in a deep baking pan @375* for 35-40 minutes with some olive oil cooking spray
  5. once your meatballs are cooked they are ready to be put into your favorite sauce( I use my own homemade)

P.S. these are so soft that i place one in a bowl with some sauce and blended a little with my hand blender and was able to eat them as a mushy

That looks like a keeper to me simple but not a band blocker. Thanks

Saw in this thread that someone wanted a low cal low carb dressing for salad.

Creamy Dill Ranch Dressing

This recipe is from

EatingWell.com

Cottage cheese blended in a food processor to a creamy texture, while not traditional in Ranch dressing, delivers unbelievable richness with minimal calories and fat.

Serves: 10

Prep Time: 10 min

Total Time: 10 min

Ingredients:

1 small shallot, peeled

3/4 cup(s) nonfat cottage cheese

1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat Mayonnaise

2 tablespoon(s) buttermilk powder

2 tablespoon(s) white-wine vinegar

1/4 cup(s) nonfat milk

1 tablespoon(s) fresh dill, chopped

1/4 teaspoon(s) salt

1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper

Procedure:

With the food processor running, add shallot through the feed tube and process until finely chopped. Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk powder and vinegar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3 minutes. Pour in milk while the processor is running. Scrape down the sides, add dill, salt and pepper and process until combined.

Note: I don't have a food processor so I used my blender. I hand minced the shallot and put it in en masse with all the other ingredients except for milk. Don't remove lid while running to add anything! Turn it off, then add the milk and restart blending till smooth. It worked fine for me and the dressing came out rich and full bodied. The only problem is that the dressing, being freshly made wo/ preservatives, does not keep more than a day or two, but has a very nice lite flavor and is easy to make.

Nutritional Information

(per serving) 1/10th of mixture

Calories 19

Total Fat 1g

Saturated Fat 0

Cholesterol 1mg

Sodium 125mg

Total Carbohydrate 2g

Dietary Fiber--

Sugars--

Calcium0

Try it over this Chickpea salad for a light band friendly lunch:

This recipe was also from EatingWell.com

Feta cheese and chickpeas lend a Mediterranean flair to this satisfying side salad. The Creamy Dill Ranch is great with it, but would also be good with a tangy vinaigrette.

Serves: 6

Total Time: 10 min

Prep Time: 10 min

Ingredients:

1 can(s) chickpeas, rinsed

3 cup(s) cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced

2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved (or cherry tomatoes)

1/4 cup(s) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

1/4 cup(s) red onion, diced (I substitute w/ sweet onion)

1/2 cup(s) Creamy Dill Ranch Dressing, see recipe above

Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Procedure:

Place chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion, dressing and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix until coated.

Nutritional Information

(per serving) 6 servings Including Dressing

Calories 90

Total Fat 2g

Saturated Fat 1g

Cholesterol 3mg

Sodium 238mg

Total Carbohydrate 14g

Dietary Fiber--

Sugars--

Protein 5g