Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Solids Stage Recipes

:) I was watching food network today and one of the dishes was baked sweet potato sticks. I love sweet potatoes so I'm going to try them tomorrow. Wash each potato, cut off ends and cut in half and in sticks. sprinkle evoo in bottom of sheet pan put tatos in pan turn to coat a little evoo then sprinkle a little salt over all and bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Thought someone might like this to try, I can't wait to try this.

Swiss Steak with Fresh Tomatoes

Makes 4 Servings

2 tablespoons all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed

1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary or marjoram, crushed

1/4 teaspoon pepper

12 ounces lean cubed steaks

Nonstick spray coating

2 stalks celery, sliced

1 medium carrot, thinly sliced

1 medium onion, sliced

1/2 cup Water

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules

2 large tomatoes, chopped

2 tablespoons dry red wine or Water

1 tablespoon Tomato paste

In a shallow dish combine flour, oregano, rosemary or marjoram, and pepper.

Coat both sides of meat pieces with flour mixture. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray coating. Brown meat on both sides over medium heat.

Add celery, carrots, onion, water, garlic, and beef bouillon granules to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add

tomatoes, wine and tomato paste to the skillet. Cover and simmer about 2 minutes more or till the meat and vegetables are tender.

PER SERVING:

189 Calories

22 g Protein

5 g Fat

13 g Carbohydrate

218 mg Sodium

54 mg Cholesterol

3 g Dietary Fiber

Filet Mignon With Sautéed Onions

2 teaspoons cracked pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 garlic cloves, minced

4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)

Cooking spray

1 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings

2/3 cup dry red wine

2 tablespoons steak sauce (such as Heinz 57)

Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; rub both sides of beef with pepper mixture. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Set aside; keep warm.

Place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion to skillet; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove onion from skillet; set aside, and keep warm. Add wine to skillet, scraping pan to loosen the browned bits. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 1 minute), and stir in steak sauce. Spoon wine sauce over steaks, and top with onion.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak, 1/4 cup onions, and 1 tablespoon sauce)

NUTRITION PER SERVING

CALORIES 257(38% from fat); FAT 10.8g (sat 4.1g,mono 4.1g,poly 0.5g); Protein 32.7g; CHOLESTEROL 95mg; Calcium 24mg; SODIUM 507mg; Fiber 0.8g; Iron 4.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 5.7g

If anyone has a costco near them or a Trader Joe's they each have a wonderful frozen salmon patty..that is all slamon. Use an Iron skillet to cook owth a little pam. Delicious..high Protein, low cal.

Sizzling Stir Fry

Ingredients:

3 cups broccoli, chopped

3/4 cup chicken broth, divided

1/2 cup chopped green onions

2 tablespoons chopped garlic

2 tablespoons chopped ginger

2 teaspoons olive oil, divided

1 cup chopped yellow onion

1 red bell pepper, halved, seeded and diced

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 pound boneless pork tenderloin, cut in strips, 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long

1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

To Prepare:

Steam broccoli until bright green but still firm. Drain; rinse with cold Water to stop cooking; drain again. Combine 1/4 cup of the broth, the green onion, garlic and ginger in food processor and pulse until mixture is minced. Set aside.

Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large saute pan. Add onion and bell peppers; saute 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer to a bowl.

Add remaining oil to pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli mixture and saute for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pork and soy sauce and saute for four minutes or until pork is nearly cooked. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and stir until broccoli is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper back to pan. Divide between 4 plates and garnish with sesame seeds.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutritional Values: Fat: 13 g, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 36 g, Calories: 311 kcal.

The Biggest Loser Cookbook

BBQ Pork Skillet

4 top loin pork chops

1/4 C. low-fat Italian dressing

1/4 C. BBQ Sauce

1 tsp. chili powder

brown pork chops on one side over med-high heat; turn and add remaining ingredients to pan, stirring to blend; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes....

Serving size 1 pork chop

Calories: 180 Fat 7 Protein 25

YUM

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

2 cups biscuit/baking mix, reduced fat (bisquick)

1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar, divided

1/4 cup egg substitute (egg beaters)

1 cup fat free sour cream

1 cup fresh blueberries

2 tsp. grated lemon peel

1. Preheat oven to 400

2. In large bowl, combine baking mix and 1/2 c sugar

3. Whisk the egg & sour cream together, then stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.

4. Fold in blueberries.

5. Fill greased (I use pam) or paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 full.

6. Combine lemon peel & remaining 2 tbsp sugar and sprinkle over the batter.

7. bake for 20-25 minutes

Per Muffin:

Calories: 176 Carbs: 26 Protein: 4 Fat: 6 Fiber: 1

***This recipe origionally called for a real egg and reduced fat sour cream, I have substituted....so the grams of fat is less than 6***

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

2 cups biscuit/baking mix, reduced fat (bisquick)

1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar, divided

1/4 cup egg substitute (egg beaters)

1 cup fat free sour cream

1 cup fresh blueberries

2 tsp. grated lemon peel

1. Preheat oven to 400

2. In large bowl, combine baking mix and 1/2 c sugar

3. Whisk the egg & sour cream together, then stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.

4. Fold in blueberries.

5. Fill greased (I use pam) or paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 full.

6. Combine lemon peel & remaining 2 tbsp sugar and sprinkle over the batter.

7. bake for 20-25 minutes

Per Muffin:

Calories: 176 Carbs: 26 Protein: 4 Fat: 6 Fiber: 1

***This recipe origionally called for a real egg and reduced fat sour cream, I have substituted....so the grams of fat is less than 6***

Thanks for the receipe sounds yummy!

If you like chineese food, then you'll love this version of chicken chow mein.

2 chicken thighs

4 large onions

3 celery stalks

1 small can of sliced Water chestnuts

2 1/2 cups of fresh beansprouts( if using canned, then add whole can)

1 can of fat free/reduced sodium chicken broth

sea salt

lite soy sauce

corn starch (very little)

Boil chicken until done and remove from pan and cool a bit.

Drain water from pan and deskin and debone chicken into bite sized pieces.Return chkn to empty pan and add the can of chicken broth, sliced onions and celery. Salt it lightly with sea salt, as you will be using soy sauce also. Cook until veggies are almost completely tender. Add beansprouts and water chestnuts until sprouts are tender.,. Put a couple of spoons of cornstarch in a bowl and add some boiling water to make like a pancake batter consistencey. Put just a spoonful in the pan to thicken it up. a little bit more may be needed. I put it over steamed rice and sprinkle a little soy sauce on top. The kids however, like to put it over the crunchy chow mein noodles. This can also be made with lean hamburg and beef broth, only you cook the onions and celery with the hamburg, and when its done you add 1/2 can of broth, sprouts and water chestnuts. Absolutely delicious.

Also, I like to make this delicious banana split smoothie once in a while for Breakfast. It tides me over almost all day.

1 small container of vanilla fat free yogurt

1/2 cup of skim milk

2 scoops of Isopure zero carb chocolate protien powder

1/4 of a small banana

2 fresh strawberries

1 tbsp of crushed pineapple in natural juices (no sugar added)

artificial sweetener packets.(I use 2 , but use as to your desired sweetness)

Throw it all in a blender and blend until smooth. I sip on 8 0z's, and give the rest to my daughter. She loves when I make these.