Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Booked! Now scared and excited all at the same time

Hello there,

I am booked for surgery April 5th. Start my pre-op diet this Friday. Went and had a look around the clinic yesterday. Everyone is so wonderful and helpful. I am feeling a lot of anxiety. Enough that I could not have a food funeral if I tried! I have researched for over a year but only now am financially ready. Struggled since my early teens. Looking forward to having this tool assist my on my weight loss journey.

I have been creeping this forum for some time and have found the people on here to be informative, caring, and honest. I can honestly say that some of the posts have really hit home!

Countdown begins!!

Mandymoo

Yay! Congrats to you. I love your excitement and good attitude!

Things are gonna be just fine for you!

Thank you so much Spaness2012. How you are doing, just over a month after being banded?

Your weight loss to date is incredible!!

Best of luck, I hope to have a date soon! I agree, the information and stories on here are very helpful! :-)

Thank you so much Spaness2012. How you are doing, just over a month after being banded?

Your weight loss to date is incredible!!

My weight loss is a collective effort. Some I did on my own...some from pre-op...some after banded. I do feel much better! For me.....having a good attitude and keeping my spirits up has helped me along the road. It's not all been easy and sometime's it takes every ounce of resolve I have.

They didn't promise me it would be easy.....just worth it!

Good luck!

I am booked for April 5th too! I am soooo excited and have also found this website to be incredibly helpful. Best wishes for you!! Maybe we can keep in touch and help each other as we will be going through this at the same time!

Love to see all the excitment on this , I'm going this next tuesday for the sugery.

Lots of great infor on here ,

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Lilmispcl- that is a great idea. Please feel free to contact me at any time! Are you also starting your shakes this Friday? By the way, I am in Ontario, Canada. So pumped!! :D

best wishes to you, please heed your doctor's orders along the way and you will do GREAT!

If you haven't already, try out your post op foods (protein drinks, etc) now so you find things you like and have those on hand during your recovery.

Keep us posted!

I start my pre-op diet on Monday the 25th. I have been trying some different brands of Protein Shakes. I just got a delivery of the Unjury powder starter pack with 2 of each of the flavors they offer. Hope they are tasty. :) I'm in Missouri but traveling to Texas for surgery. :) Kind of nervous about that and aftercare. I would feel better if I knew I could go in for my aftercare whenever I wanted at no additional cost for the first year....I will either have to travel back to Dallas or pay $250 per visit locally. BUT...the surgery is half the cost in Dallas vs. locally.

Great idea about the shakes--thanks Dawn! I will hit costco on the weekend. I have been reading on here that they have some great Protein Shakes (Premier?)

I have Slim Time shakes this Friday. 2 weeks pre-op and 1 week post-op

It's a tough call regarding where to get your surgery done. It is $16,000 here in Ontario but I am one hour away from the clinic. To me that is big. I work full time with two young children and a hubby. Travelling for work once in a while is enough of an ordeal.

My mom and my husband are coming with me for my surgery. So happy for the support! My husband is already dusting out the blender and going to make my meals (pureed stage) for me.

I have printed out all my instructions and meal plans. Put them in a binder. I will take it home tonight so the other half can review and be as informed as I believe I am.

I plan on sticking to the instructions to the letter!

Yes, I like the costco premier Protein (chocolate) drinks. They taste good (really cold) and sometimes I put them in the blender w/ some ice and 1/2 a banana or fruit to switch them up a little. Today I added a couple strawberries to the blender too. I have a "magic bullet" blender and it is a breeze and easy cleanup to use. I have heard many say they like the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein Drinks but you have to order them. Also, if you like Peanut Butter, there is a PB2 powder (peanut butter w/out the fat) that people add to their shakes to switch them up.

A couple of pointers for after surgery too... I have seen many people that get really worried they are not getting in all their shakes/liquids after surgery. Know that your tummy will be inflamed so it takes a bit for the swelling to go down to where you can get in the recommended amount. In the interim, just keep taking sips throughout the day. Second, keep in mind that after the swelling goes down and you begin feeling like "you" again your hunger may come back in full force. Just stay strong and on your post op plans during this "bandster hell" phase as it will get better. It may take several fills before you feel the band's effects..

I am excited for you... !

Do you mind if I ask what clinic you are having your lap band at? I'm in Ontario as well and considering CIBO but recently got news of reduced hours at work, both my husband and I work at same place, so now kinda afraid to spend the $18000 and not sure that I can miss the time for follow up appts. Im also located approx 2 hours away and dont drive in Toronto so both of us would have to miss time. I was hoping to have surgery during my week of shutdown vacation time so that's not really an issue.

Good luck with your pre op diet and surgery.

Yay we could be band twins :) mine will be on the 5th also. I start my diet tomorrow. I am so scared. And I am not sure why I am scared maybe scared is not the right word. I can't believe I'm finally going to have the lapband surgery wow.

I know I can do it. I just know for the last couple months I've been "yeah I have surgery April 5" now it's almost April 5th. It seems to be coming so fast.

I am so happy to have this opportunity I am ready to start my journey. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life:)

Congratulations to all who are being banded soon!

New Dawn gave excellant advice and I couldn't have said it better.

Nerves are also a part of surgery. We've all been there, done that.

You all we do great.

Mandymoo, sounds like you have your head in the game. Great job!

Only thing to add to NewD, take Chapstick to surgery with you.lol