Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I so need a buddy as I am slipping back a little

Hi all-

I so need a buddy to keep motivated. I have lost 70 pounds so far in 9-10 months but I have had a plateau since the end of Dec./early Jan. I had a fill in Feb. but then had to go back for a partial unfill. Even though I was more restricted, I haven't broken the plateau.

Because I have gotten discouraged, I have developed some bad habits again like drinking loaded soda and having ice cream and candy. I have gained about 4 pounds and am so scared. Because of work, I am not exercising like I once did.

I have asked a "famous" you-tube lapbander that is a Facebook "friend" a couple of questions on two separate occasions and never have gotten an answer.

I really need a buddy to keep motivated, to give me words of encouragement, and to keep me accountable. I will do the same for that person. I know it helps as one of my best friends is not considering the band. Just talking with her has helped some but she is in such a different place than I am now that it only helps to a point.

I live in Southern California and was banded April 27th, 2012. I am married, have kids, work and had "lost myself" when I became fat. Does this ring any bellsfor anyone?

Please...someone must be out there.

Thanks-

Jen

Hi all-

I so need a buddy to keep motivated. I have lost 70 pounds so far in 9-10 months but I have had a plateau since the end of Dec./early Jan. I had a fill in Feb. but then had to go back for a partial unfill. Even though I was more restricted, I haven't broken the plateau.

Because I have gotten discouraged, I have developed some bad habits again like drinking loaded soda and having ice cream and candy. I have gained about 4 pounds and am so scared. Because of work, I am not exercising like I once did.

I have asked a "famous" you-tube lapbander that is a Facebook "friend" a couple of questions on two separate occasions and never have gotten an answer.

I really need a buddy to keep motivated, to give me words of encouragement, and to keep me accountable. I will do the same for that person. I know it helps as one of my best friends is not considering the band. Just talking with her has helped some but she is in such a different place than I am now that it only helps to a point.

I live in Southern California and was banded April 27th, 2012. I am married, have kids, work and had "lost myself" when I became fat. Does this ring any bellsfor anyone?

Thanks-

Jen

you can do it if you want too..and i know you do or you wouldnt have wrote this post.

if you pm me, i will gladly give you my email.

i will do my best to help get your hiney in gear.

so stop with the ice cream/soda/candy. you can choose to eat those or not.

your loss so far is fabulous. dont just toss it away...look at where you came from.....do you wanna go back to that? nope...you dont.........so dont...

i will watch for your pm if you want extra umph from NC

any thing I can do to help I will. I had a bit of a slip myself. But decided to rededicate myself the day after christmas and have been doing ok since. You have done fantastic. 70 pounds is great. The best thing is that you caught yourself slipping. The fact that you realized you were having an issue, and didn't just continue the slide, speaks volumes of just how dedicated you really are, even if you didn't see it yourself. You will get through this!!!!

Thanks you three. I am doing better with my eating (not a choice right now) and am re-motivated! Yay! I also got another fill last week. Helped a little for a short time however, I am definitely overfilled. I am only able to do liquids and barely those. I don't feel good either. I think that I will be calling the office tomorrow to get unfilled. I am actually thinking that I am hanging onto this weight and haven't lost for a while cause I can hardly take anything in. I think maybe that even before this most recent fill, I needed to be unfilled rather than filled. Does that make any sense? I want to eat salad and chicken and healthy things but really have only been able to feel good with liquids...so I had been choosing ice cream shakes and sodas to get my blood sugar up. Does any of this make sense? I am really sick of not being able to eat and feeling this way so I will update how it all goes.

You can do this more than you think you can you have come so far I'm here if you ever just need to vent we all need to do this sometime

Thanks you three. I am doing better with my eating (not a choice right now) and am re-motivated! Yay! I also got another fill last week. Helped a little for a short time however, I am definitely overfilled. I am only able to do liquids and barely those. I don't feel good either. I think that I will be calling the office tomorrow to get unfilled. I am actually thinking that I am hanging onto this weight and haven't lost for a while cause I can hardly take anything in. I think maybe that even before this most recent fill, I needed to be unfilled rather than filled. Does that make any sense? I want to eat salad and chicken and healthy things but really have only been able to feel good with liquids...so I had been choosing ice cream shakes and sodas to get my blood sugar up. Does any of this make sense? I am really sick of not being able to eat and feeling this way so I will update how it all goes.

That makes complete sense. Often if you are too tight you gain weight. You might try getting a small unfill. Also, do you have a nutritionist? I would recommend seeing one, they can help you with your meal planing and food choices.

One thing I did was I kept a food journal, I logged what I eat, when I ate it, how I felt at that time, and anything else that was going on that day. This gave me a clear picture of my trigger foods and emotions. I was able to identify the head hunger and learned to avoid the situations that caused it. I eat when I'm bored so I try very hard not to be bored (I have the cleanest house in Texas, lol). Anyway, what I'm saying is find out the cause so that you can address it.

We are all here for you and will support you. Feel free to PM me or anyone on this site anytime, we all help each other. You can do this, I believe in you.

Jen, just wanted to check in and see how you've been doing? I hope well. Remember- this is a new Jen. Although I'm pretty sure the old Jen was spectacular too!! Again, we are all in this!! So whenever you need to vent ( or complain, laugh, smile, growl, ) we are here for you!!!

I'm a new member of the band. I like the band. But i dont like always dancin to the band. The band has allowed me to loose 68 lbs in 11 months. The band is moody. Sometimes the band loves me and other times the band ignores me and just keeps me jumping on the scale. The band has been kinder than any other group out there....the WW. The Hyptomists. The Acupuntrists. Etc. Im sticking with the band until i become a lead singer. I'll help you. If you help me!

It's a plateau, and your body will adapt around it. Understandably it's mind over matter. You can and will get through it... Just have to accept it and enjoy the break. Bodies need time to adjust.

Send me a note anytime you feel discouraged.. I'll certainly try to help

I know exactly how you feel.. I had the surgery Sept 2011 and have only lost about 70 pounds...I need to lose about 65 more pounds to be considered not overweight..I had to have a partial unfill this past december myself and have found myself drinking diet cokes like I never stopped, and I have an unhealthy relationship with extra cheddar goldfish...weird huh. I work 11 hours a day and am constantly on the go at work. I only have a 30 minute lunchbreak which is aweful for people with lapbands. Some days I can eat a complete salad and some days, like today, I cannot. I am cheating my band and have no one to talk to about this. I have no ideas as to what to eat for my lunches and Breakfast. If you would like to chat more then please respond and let me know. I know that some people on here are only looking for success story tellers to help, so either way, just let me know.

Hi all-

I so need a buddy to keep motivated. I have lost 70 pounds so far in 9-10 months but I have had a plateau since the end of Dec./early Jan. I had a fill in Feb. but then had to go back for a partial unfill. Even though I was more restricted' date=' I haven't broken the plateau.

Thanks-

Jen[/quote']

Jen ' don't get so down on your self you will be fine !!;) I have no kids but I got banded on 1/28/13 n I'm not doing so well my husband dose not seem to understand that I can't eat the same as him anymore !;( I have slipped a few times my self .. I have only lost about 15-20lbs I lost my self as well .. I live in New Mexico but I'm feeling the same as you I need a buddy too .. I just can't seem to get motivated ;( so like I say just don't give up!! Cuz you are worth it ;)

Maddie <3

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Thanks everyone. It has been a while since I have been on....life is always so busy. Anyway, I was doing better for a while and now, not so much again. It is completely a choice for me....meaning I know I am about to make a bad decision and make it anyway. When I was first losing, my stomach felt flat (not bloated) but I feel like even though the scale hasn't gone up that much (like 2 pounds), I feel like I am getting fatter. Weird huh? Anyway, I am sure I will be pm'ing many of you as I know I can use the help and if I can help others, I will do my best to do that. Thanks for the encouraging words. I did get unfilled and barely feel a restriction which is bad. I knew when she did it that she unfilled me too much but I was so tired of feeling bad and not being able to eat or drink, I went for it. However, I think if I am refilled a tiny bit, get to working out, and keep a log of what I eat (I downloaded My Fitness Pal), I think I will get back on track. I think my body just needed a break....or maybe it is an excuse. However, I am now reading, "The BIG Book on the Lap-Band" by Alex Brecher (from this website). I will keep you all informed....the story continues.......................

You are staying on top of it, and that is what matters. You can do it!!!!!! Again, we are here for you!!

Hi there, I live in Australia and I too have slipped back a bit.... With a NO weight loss since nov 2012....

I don't know what to do ..