Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm supposed to be on liquids until Monday BUT today, for the first time, I cheated. My son was begging for Panera and I figured I'd get Soup and have the broth. Good plan, right? Well somehow I also got half portion of a chicken salad and ate about 6-7 bites of it!!

BAD!! I had no problem with the food but I feel REALLY guilty and I feel like calling my surgeon and confessing everything! Lol

More concerning though, is my fear that my strong willpower is fading....

I won't yell (because I hate people who yell lol) but I will tell you the truth.

What you did, only a couple bites or not, was very dangerous. The reason you're on a strict post op diet has nothing to do with weight loss. Your stomach has been manipulated, banded, and sutured. Those sutures need time to heal. By not listening to your doctor and eating foods not on your post op diet you are putting yourself at very real risk of ripping those stitches and seriously damaging your already wounded stomach.

Go back to your liquid diet and don't stray from your post op diet again. No exceptions.

Best wishes.

The guilt alone will keep me on the straight and narrow! Ugh! My big lesson is to stay out of restaurants until I can safely eat regular food. My son will have to deal with it for a few more weeks. I feel comfortable with being able to control portions. I think I justified this because I've read of others who had surgery when I did or even after me who are on real food already.... It made me hungry!

The guilt alone will keep me on the straight and narrow! Ugh! My big lesson is to stay out of restaurants until I can safely eat regular food. My son will have to deal with it for a few more weeks. I feel comfortable with being able to control portions. I think I justified this because I've read of others who had surgery when I did or even after me who are on real food already.... It made me hungry!

You're right, when you're really hungry it's easy to justify your actions.

Ok then... here's one: I was on liquids for 4 weeks after surgery. Yup, my liquid phase lasted 4 stink'n weeks. It sucked so bad lol.

So next time you are tempted to justify eating something you shouldn't, just remember I had to be on liquids a lot longer than you have to ;)

I'm on liquids for three weeks! I'm so glad it's not four! On Monday I graduate to purée for one week then mushy for one week. Luckily, I had no pre-op restrictions. I think it's hard because my 13 year old wants to eat constantly. I'm trying to make him food that I don't like!

Just know this is a learning process. The nutrition needed now is imperative. The new you is in infancy. The old you has some habits not healthy to the new you! Learn from this one pitfall and do what you need to do now and tomorrow. If I could change all the old me with one hour surgery it would be odd and far too simple. Keep your focus! You are worth it! My knees are so happy I did!

I'm on liquids for three weeks! I'm so glad it's not four! On Monday I graduate to purée for one week then mushy for one week. Luckily, I had no pre-op restrictions. I think it's hard because my 13 year old wants to eat constantly. I'm trying to make him food that I don't like!

I didn't have pre op restrictions, either. And it is hard with kids. When I had my surgery I had a 17 year old and a 9 year old- and I was single mom. So, all their meals and care were up to me.

Just keep reminding yourself your health depends on your compliance and your sons depends on you to be healthy to care for him.

The only thing guilt does for me is crush my spirits.

I like to learn and move on hoping that I won't make the same mistake twice but I will because I' only human.

The only thing Guilt and painful memories got me was 400 lbs.

With a lot of love and support I knocked off 100 lbs on my own and kept it off for 22 years.

Now I'm getting help with the next 100.

Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself.

The only thing guilt does for me is crush my spirits.

I like to learn and move on hoping that I won't make the same mistake twice but I will because I' only human.

The only thing Guilt and painful memories got me was 400 lbs.

With a lot of love and support I knocked off 100 lbs on my own and kept it off for 22 years.

Now I'm getting help with the next 100.

Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself.

Thanks! And you're right-- guilt will only make it worse. I'll look forward to pureeing food on Monday instead of looking back at that delicious salad! Lol!

None of us are perfect, no need to yell, you have already beat yourself up. I recommend what you said, restaurants are hard in the beginning. You would laugh but I used to take my measuring cups and spoons with me, my hubby told me he drew the line at my bring the scale alone. lol I was obsessed in the beginning and so afraid I would not lose or would over eat. Give it time and keep remembering why you did this. None of us want to keep doing the same things over and over again that caused to fail in the past. Good luck to you.

Please know you are not alone. I just confessed to my friends that approx 3 months post op I ate 3 donuts today. I am very frustrated I don't feel any assistance from my "tool".

Sorry you slipped, good luck to you.

Please know you are not alone. I just confessed to my friends that approx 3 months post op I ate 3 donuts today. I am very frustrated I don't feel any assistance from my "tool".

Sorry you slipped' date=' good luck to you.[/quote']

Lol ul be fine just dont keep that up heck I had cakebatter yogurt from this yogurt shop half cup week before a slice a cake n guess what im fine jus dont keep it up

i dont believe in will power as i can will myself to do just about anything.

but i believe in want power. i want to lose weight bad enough to do what i have to in order to make it happen.

so you went off program. you knew exactly when you were doing it and you did it anyway. you are strong enough

mentally to do what is right for you..who says you gotta be perfect 24/7??

just follow your doctors instructions and let the band work and i guarantee that if you do, you will

lose weight and feel better...that choice is yours.