Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To the ones that have lost 80-100lbs or more

I am curious to know if anyone that has lost 80 - 100 lbs or more not had to have cosmetic surgery? Like if your skin went back into place? lol You know what i mean!

Although I haven't done it yet, I am certainly planning on it. I am definitely going to have a breast reduction (this was something I would have eventually had even if I hadn't lost the weight) and then a Tummy Tuck and arm tuck. I'll bypass the lyposuction and all that for now. What I hate the most is the "apron" that I have around my hips. It drives me crazy and I am very self conscious about it, especially since it keeps me from moving down another size in bottoms.

But this is my own vanity and my own body. I think that younger people may have better luck with having their skin go back but for the most part, I don't think that anyone can expect not to have any sagging skin with that amount of weight loss. There are other factors too, including the fact that I had a c-section so that hasn't helped either.

Hope that helps and good luck!

I am quite certain that if I were to explore plastic surgery I'd find a surgeon happy to help me. But I personally don't feel that any is necessary. Other people with the exact same skin might very well think it is.

Only time will tell how you feel about the body you have after weight loss. My issues are fairly minor, I think, with my arms and boobs being the main problems. But these are easily camouflaged with clothing; the idea of surgery that will replace hanging skin with scars is not at all appealing to me.

Also, I haven't lost all the weight I "should." One thing that's keeping me happily here is the idea that more weight off would just mean MORE loose skin issues. I don't want to need surgery, and if I go any further I think I'd be less happy with the way I look, not more.

So it's all a balancing act, and your experience will be uniquely yours.

But this is my own vanity and my own body. I think that younger people may have better luck with having their skin go back but for the most part, I don't think that anyone can expect not to have any sagging skin with that amount of weight loss. There are other factors too, including the fact that I had a c-section so that hasn't helped either.
Ditto everything Mellissalee said.

My eyes and neck are driving me crazy, all this sagging skin. I look tired and have a hard time putting on simple eyeliner...age does have alot to do with it, but i don't have as much fat pushing out the wrinkles:tired, Ya right. I wish my skin would go back into place.... And that muffin waist has got to go.

I'm in research for PS and I'm saving money for the work, I want it all done by xmas.

I have lost 90 pounds. My goal is to lose another 15 or 20. I don't know if PS is a financial possibility, but I would love to have my arms, tummy, boobs and thighs done.

I was 56 when I was banded and I agree...us old ladies have more problem with saggy, baggy skin than you young girls do.

Hi,

I needed plastic surgery despite the fact I exercised 4 times a week. I lost over 150 lbs though and with my clothes on, you couldnt tell , but when they were off...... My stomach was down to pubis aread and it looked gross. I had 4 lbs of stomach cut off with TT and several pounds of skin cut off my thighs with medial thighplasty. I am much happier both with the physical appearance of a flat tummy and not having to worry about hanging pannus, odor problems and infected skin between my thighs. Things are much better in that respect.

Babs in TX

334/180 ish

-150 ish

Wow Babs! You're an inspiration. My Questions is: did your insurance pay for any of it? I know that they will pay for my breast reduction (after almost 120# I"m still a 40H!) and I'm hoping that we can throw a lift in for good measure. I've also heard that if you can prove a medical necessity for the TT i.e. sores, etc. in the folded area, strain on your back, that some insurances will pay for that as well.

I'm still waiting to lose about 25 more before I consider the reduction and I would like to be as close to my goal before I get any other cosmetic stuff done.

My breast reduction is a necessity at this point. I woke up at teh age of 13 with 36DDD boobs and have only gone up from there so I've had a good 20+ years of strain on my back and shoulders and I'm just ready for a little relief finally. To be able to sleep on my stomach, to buy a bra that doesn't cost me a fortune and have to be ordered from a catalog, and gosh darnit, to be able to walk around the house without a bra for the first time in my adult life. And I am willing to trade the scars for the skin because I figure, if I'm going to lose almost 200# (my goal) then gosh darnit, I'm gonna go for the gold! Because it's only going downhill (pun intended) as we get older so I'd like to start out with a cleaner (and tighter) slate!:(

I still want to lose at least 30 pounds more. I will definitely need plastic surgery-tummy tuck, thigh lift, arms, boob lift. The only one I will probably do though is the Tummy Tuck because of money and I'll be lucky to afford that.;)

Not having it, bought a sporty convertable instead with the money I was saving for PS.

I feel comfortable in my body and although there are areas of loose skin, they are not overly bad and can be hiddne with clothing. I have no aspirations of becoming a swimsuit model, my husband loves me for who I am, who cares if I have lose skin. I'll keep my saggy skin and look hot driving around in my new car. They cant see whats under my clothes and what they dont know cant hurt them.

i wanna do it! tt and breast reduction..i wait only to lose all the extra weight and the problem is that i had not yet my children :confused:

I've lost 80lbs, but I still have a long way to go. So far the only thing that is bothering me are my boobs. Everything else is shrinking up nicely. I'm not saying I'll be perfect, but so far I am pleasantly suprised. The boobs irritate me though. I have pretty good genes on both sides of the family so I'm hoping that everything will keep shrinking! I really moisturize too. I use Oil Of Olay body wash with shea butter & Skin So Soft. I don't know if it is really helping, but somthing sure is.

Hi Melissa,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you with an answer. My insurance paid about 2/3 of the bill. I paid a third. They really dont pay the surgeons much, so I paid the difference there. They covered my 4 day hospital stay, anesthesiologist, etc.. The surgeon got 1000 for the panniculectomy (I paid 4750) and only 1100 for the thightplasty and the assistant surgeon got something like 2000 total which I think is appalling. I negotiated all this with my surgeon pre op. Since my insurance only wanted to pay for a panniculectomy, I covered the difference for the full TT. I am glad I did this. My stomach looks great!!

Babs in TX