Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probably need to get some fluid out, but don't want to...

Thought some of you may be in my shoes. My last fill in January (7.6 oz total) has finally given me real restriction for the first time. Yes, I PB - especially if I eat too quickly or don't chew enough, and I am finally getting comfortable knowing when I need to just stop eating. However, I'm probably PB'ing too much and think that I should get some fill removed. Only... I don't want to. I've broken my plateau and really don't feel hungry. I've lost about 8 lbs in the 4-5 weeks since the fill (I'm a shortie and now more than halfway to my goal). It's easier to completely walk away from my fav carbs (bread or pasta) and focus on my Protein and veg.

Has this happened to you? Have you stayed with the increased restriction or gone to the MD to have Fluid taken out?

Well, only you can decide if you're too tight. However, if you are, any weight loss isn't worth the dangers of a band too tight. The main cause of slips is because the patient walked around with their bands way too tight.

If you're taking bites the size of a fingernail, chewing it until mush, eating slowly and stick to band portions but still PBing then yes you're likely too tight.

You also should consider the fact being at the proper Fluid level in the band should mean minimal hunger without PBing and constant stuck episodes. I'm not sure why anyone would choose a band that's too tight over a band in the Green Zone. Just my opinion.

Best wishes.

I kept messing around with having my band too tight and my band slipped and my esphagus enlarged and I was completely obstructed . I couldn't even swollow my own saliva. I had been banded 3.5 years. Just got a new band Feb 9th. Don't take chances it's not worth it.

It sounds to me like you have a choice! Either you slow down your eating and chew so you don't PB. Or you remove some fluid! That's the great thing about the band, it gives us choices! Unfortunately, if you want to keep your band long term, you can't have it both ways! Good luck on your decision!

Try really concentrating on how you are eating. If after that you are still having issues then yes you may need some Fluid taken out. But be careful that you are not doing because you have not adjusted your eating habits the way you should.

I think you need to really sit down and listen to what your body is telling you. Are you being honest with the band and eating the way you should? If so then perhaps you are too tight. You really need to analyze your behavior. I had a rough week once where I seemed to PB and have stuck episodes quite often and it made no sense to me seeing that I hadn't had a fill in 6 weeks. I finally took inventory in what I was doing and realized I slipped into some old habits of eating quickly and on the fly.

We spend most of our lives eating a certain way and as easy as it sounded in that Seminar 16 months ago I can tell you it isn't. I thought oh hell eating slow and chewing food is easy...I learned and on occasion I am given a free lesson from my band.

Like everyone else said above, only you can decide if your too tight BUT you have to be honest with yourself because in the end any damage done is damage that is self inflicted and only affects you.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out.

Have you had these symptoms since jan.? Or are they recent.....

After my last fill, it took me a good month for things to settle down, then another month, at least, to get into a new "Groove"

I have not slimed or got stuck in about a year....but I have learned how to "listen" to my band...and I know if I push it beyond it's limit, I will have some serious problems such as dilation, etc,.

There is a reason Dr.'s give fills slow and spread out...it is for us to slowly adjust how we eat at the same time.Little by little, lesson by lesson....

There comes a time when things all balance out....it is a fine line between Green and Red....we can be too tight, or we can still be eating incorrectly...no one here can judge that for others..

My band is tight, and like you said, my hunger is also under control....I can walk away from food anytime I want....and when the band says stop eating, I stop....

Been that way for me over a year now......however, to stay there I had to adjust my eating 180 degrees...and there are things I will no longer eat...I simply wrote them off.

Changing our way of eating is key...bad eating is what made us fat in the first place, so change is good....

Thought some of you may be in my shoes. My last fill in January (7.6 oz total) has finally given me real restriction for the first time. Yes' date=' I PB - especially if I eat too quickly or don't chew enough, and I am finally getting comfortable knowing when I need to just stop eating. However, I'm probably PB'ing too much and think that I should get some fill removed. Only... I don't want to. I've broken my plateau and really don't feel hungry. I've lost about 8 lbs in the 4-5 weeks since the fill (I'm a shortie and now more than halfway to my goal). It's easier to completely walk away from my fav carbs (bread or pasta) and focus on my Protein and veg.

Has this happened to you? Have you stayed with the increased restriction or gone to the MD to have Fluid taken out?[/quote']

Ask your Doc to remove only half of what he put in. It might make a big difference without losing all of the strong restriction. But don't wait too long. I was extremely tight like that about 8 months ago, lost a ton of weight, but ended up at the emergency room for a complete "unfill". My band had slipped just a liitle and Thank God that 3 weeks later when I went back for a follow up , it fixed itself and snapped back into place.

This just happened to my sister last week. Band was so tight she was dehydrated. Her doctor did the Water test however 3 days later she couldn't handle it.

I was at the doctor on the 13th. I could barely get Water down But had the adjustment before I left.

I think many of you are right. I was so unrestricted in the past, I really didn't have to pay too much attention to the size pieces I was eating or how quickly I was chewing and swallowing.

Since my post, I've really tried to pay conscious attention to how I'm eating and things are going much better. Mindless eating is how I ended up on this path in the first place, and being mindFUL is a hard habit for me. I'm working on it.

Thanks for all the support and good advice. I'm going to stay where I'm at for now, but be much more careful of my bite size and thoroughly chewing each bite.

Very scary stuff! I wish you the best. God Bless :)

I think many of you are right. I was so unrestricted in the past, I really didn't have to pay too much attention to the size pieces I was eating or how quickly I was chewing and swallowing.

Since my post, I've really tried to pay conscious attention to how I'm eating and things are going much better. Mindless eating is how I ended up on this path in the first place, and being mindFUL is a hard habit for me. I'm working on it.

Thanks for all the support and good advice. I'm going to stay where I'm at for now, but be much more careful of my bite size and thoroughly chewing each bite.

Exactly and this goes to back to what I was saying about eating on the fly. A lot of times I would be running late for work I would make a quick Breakfast and try gobbling it down.....big mistake. Now when I am running late I will just make a Protein shake because that slides down a lot easier. Plus I can take that on the go. I also tend to find myself tighter in the morning. Not sure if you have experienced anything like that or not. In the mornings my band feels tighter and I cannot eat as quick compared to say 2 in the afternoon.