Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Five months since surgery (10-18-12), since my last fill I've been having more issues with slime or PB. I'm tired of the same old food ideas. It's getting hard for me to swallow my meds. Help!!! I'm chewing my food 15-20 times. And when I do PB, I'm soooo drained afterwards, I just want to go to bed.....

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Have a little removed, obviously your not adjusting to the fill. Having the band should not make your life miserable! Hope everything gets better for you!

Sounds like you might be too tight, would perhaps think of getting some removed.

Thanks!!! I go this Thursday, for another fill. I'll see what happens

In my opinion if your having that much trouble and can't hardly swallow meds (of course that depends on size of pills also) the last thing you need is another fill.

Are you drinking plenty of liquids? That could cause some of your problem. Since you are going to your doc this coming week, you need to let him know because it is true that a fill isn't necessarily what you may need. And, if you are too tight it can actually derail your weight loss and even set you back with fills/defills etc.

Are you drinking plenty of liquids? That could cause some of your problem. Since you are going to your doc this coming week' date=' you need to let him know because it is true that a fill isn't necessarily what you may need. And, if you are too tight it can actually derail your weight loss and even set you back with fills/defills etc.[/quote']

I'm drinking 6-10 glasses of Water a day... Could it be I'm not chewing my food good enough??

Being over fill is not only healty but it just make life suck. Please think about an unfill. My last fill I ended up having two unfills. I had terrible reflux and heartburn and could not keep anything down. You should feel good and enjoy this journey that you are on. Hope you feel better!

I'm drinking 6-10 glasses of Water a day... Could it be I'm not chewing my food good enough??

With my last fill I had to learn to take even smaller bites and foods I could previously eat would cause me to get stuck and pb. I took it real slow and stuck to softer Proteins, it took me a good month to settle in with my last fill. Some days I can eat certain things and the very next day the exact same food causes stuck episodes.

So if you're doing all the right things and still pbing and sliming a lot might be a good idea to have a teeny bit out rather than more fill as the others have posted.

I could probably get a little bit out but don't want to, I just have to be very mindful of what and how I eat, I like not being hungry and it helps me stay on track.

But do discuss this at your appointment and let them know you've been pbing and sliming a lot, that's what out team are there for, to help guide us.

With my last fill I had to learn to take even smaller bites and foods I could previously eat would cause me to get stuck and pb. I took it real slow and stuck to softer proteins' date=' it took me a good month to settle in with my last fill. Some days I can eat certain things and the very next day the exact same food causes stuck episodes.

So if you're doing all the right things and still pbing and sliming a lot might be a good idea to have a teeny bit out rather than more fill as the others have posted.

I could probably get a little bit out but don't want to, I just have to be very mindful of what and how I eat, I like not being hungry and it helps me stay on track.

But do discuss this at your appointment and let them know you've been pbing and sliming a lot, that's what out team are there for, to help guide us.[/quote']

I do think I need to take smaller bites, I'm still trying to get used to chewing and taking smaller bites. I'm not hungry like I used to be. I'm gonna say its 90% of me learning how to eat slowly and chew chew my food. The weight is coming off, I think it's the choices in food I'm making. It's hard to go from eating everything to healthy more Protein foods....

Being a newbie not yet banded' date=' what is PB?[/quote']

Pb is short for productive burping, it's when food gets stuck and it comes back up if it refuses to go through the band. The first time this happened to be I exploded like a volcano lol, thank god I was home and I've been very careful for it to not happen again, it's happened a couple more times but not as bad as the first time.