Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In an earlier post I spoke about cheating on my pre op diet. It was hard but after cheating I got back on board and recommitted myself.

Almost a week post op and today I am finding myself starving. This clear liquid diet is for the birds- I don't mean love birds! I almost passed out around noon. I don't think I am consuming enough calories. Plus looking at all this Valentine's candy and sweets was hard knowing I couldn't have it.

I'm losing weight 23 lbs isn't bad! I'll stop complaining. After-all, I did sign up for this. I just wanted to vent.

Vent on... just skip the candy! I know it is hard! Happy Valentine's Day!

In an earlier post I spoke about cheating on my pre op diet. It was hard but after cheating I got back on board and recommitted myself.

Almost a week post op and today I am finding myself starving. This clear liquid diet is for the birds- I don't mean love birds! I almost passed out around noon. I don't think I am consuming enough calories. Plus looking at all this Valentine's candy and sweets was hard knowing I couldn't have it.

I'm losing weight 23 lbs isn't bad! I'll stop complaining. After-all, I did sign up for this. I just wanted to vent.

happy v day.........like grammy said vent

23 pounds is outstanding....you go girl

I'm a week out too. I am absolutely starving!!!

I am a teacher and I got tons of candy from kids today. It was insane. I tied up all the candy in a white bag, brought it home and tossed it in the garbage. Felt a little guilty but had to do it for myself.

I too got a lot of chocolate at work today. Aim good about eating one and then I give it away. Everyone else loves that I share it with them. You will get toa time when you can have things in front of you and deal with them. If throwing it away is what works, then I am really proud of you for getting rid of it and you didn't disappoint anyone. That is awesome.

I look forward to the day when I am ok with the food around me. My mind is very tired by end of day from thinking about it . Lol

I am 7 days post op and my body has finally kicked in to hunger mode (I was NOT hungry after surgery-trouble even getting liquids in). I understand your frustration. I just moved from Clear Liquids to FULL liquids and I was a happy girl today! I am really looking forward to puree's next week. I have my recipes all laid out.

For me it really has been mind over matter...and one day at a time!

xoxoxox---

I always give the candy away at the office and they love me for it! Got a great home made cupcake and gave it away to one of the attorneys who just had a baby and told her she needed to keep her strength and sugar level up with the newborn, she loved it too! My husband stopped giving me candy years ago when I was still the yo yo dieter. We go out to a nice dinner with healthy food instead and re-commit our love to each other in a healthy way instead of all that sugary propaganda of buying valentine candy. He used to buy flowers which last much longer and are not fattening. Everybody learns how to deal with issues on candy and sweets and it does get easier as you go along and see the great results of not giving in. I still have a cookie or piece of pie when I really feel I "have" to have it, but I try to keep it off in the distance for as long as I can before I give in. Happy valentines day to all you skinny chicks and soon to be skinny chicks.

My partner did candy when we first met but soon learned about my guilt secret the yo to diet and he moved onto flowers he has been very supportive this year and yesterday got top marks with GHDS. However you cope with the candy give it away or bin it or even have a little remember its only 1 day then move on good luck

Not a single piece of candy or any sugar product on Valentine's Day! Yipee, I did it!

Best wishes and a very belated Valentine's Day to all of You!

I guess this comes from growing up poor. I would have a problem throwing a way sealed food. Bring it to the fire department or a nursing home . My sister is a EMT for her town's volunteer ambulance. Many of the staff are high school jrs and SRS who want to be doctors/nurses; they would welcome your treats.

for next time I will def give it away. Went into a bit of a panic and that was my first instinct.