Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what does it mean to be in the green zone.

I have been doing this a while now and i just wanted to hear from some of u what it means to be in the green zone is to them. I am having troubles finding mine.

Sorry on my phone writing this. I am gaving troubles finding my green zone. What does the green zone mean to u?

Sorry on my phone writing this. I am gaving troubles finding my green zone. What does the green zone mean to u?

Sorry on my phone writing this. I am gaving troubles finding my green zone. What does the green zone mean to u?:

I was in the green zone last summer but wandered away from it. Haven't really gained a lot of weight and recently had another fill but I know I need another. I saw you recently had all your Fluid removed so you're sort of restarting too.

tmf

Generally, when you can go 4-5 hours without feeling hungry after a meal you are in the so-called "zone". I was there and not feeling hungry between meals, etc. Then I had a period of not getting any food down and a lot of stuck moments so I recently had an unfill and will be starting over. So far, so good though and I still feel satiated and not hungry.

As others have mentioned, it is being able to eat your allotted portions (or sometimes less) for your meal, and being able to go for 4-5 hours before feeling hungry again.

In discussing this with my surgeon, he shared that not everyone will get to a "green zone", and that program compliance with diet and exercise will need to be part of one's successful weight loss journey.

My band seems to have a mind of it's own...some days I can go 4-5 hours without hunger, other days it will be only 2 hours. I can't identify any patterns associated with the "mood swings", I just know that there are days when I have to take more of the responsibility for working with my band to loose weight.

lap_band_fill_zpsfa76dbdb.jpg

Green Zone...............

NOT HUNGRY....People say 4-5 hours between meals....I experience No Hunger 24/7...I mean the band is there 24/7 so is the effects....the signal sent to my brain for me anyhow., and many other people I know....

PORTION CONTROL....I do not measure or weigh my food....My band dictates to me when to stop eating, automatically setting portion sizes...

GOOD WEIGHT LOSS.....with no hunger or cravings, and automatic portions when I do eat, this is a no brainer....how can it not happen.

PATIENT SATISFACTION.....I have NO COMPLAINTS!!! No whining here! I COULD NOT BE MORE SATISFIED!!

This is what I learned during my research before being banded, and this is what I expected after being banded.....I WOULD NOT SETTLE OR COMPROMISE FOR ANYTHING LESS....

I am happy to say I have been in the Green Zone for over 12 months, and experience all these things every day....I LOVE MY BAND....

Once I got into the Green Zone, this became the EASIEST THING to do to loose weight.....People say it's hard work and takes determination....well for me, that may have been true ONLY to get to the Green Zone, first 4-6 months for me.....after that...it became a normal lifestyle with the word Diet out of my vocabulary.....true, there where many lessons to learn along the way....

THIS is what the band is designed to do, in my opinion, and THIS is the way my life is now....others may have different experiences, but THIS IS MINE........You can't argue with success.....

I read all these different posts on this forum about this and that....and everyone's opinion how the band should and should not work....some don't have a clue I have learned......IN MY OPINION people should be asking themselves whether or not they are in the Green Zone, and if not, WHY.....

B52, who was your surgeon?

Ready for this???

Dr. Seun Sowemimo, M.D.

Central Jersey Bariatrics

Centr-State Hospital, Freehold...

centraljerseybariatrics.com

They're also out of Bayshore Hospital where I had all my testing done....

For me the green zone is I go 4 hrs with out feeling hungry or thinking about my next meal every hour...and eatting a cup of food ...3 oz of Protein and a lil veggie....not being controled by food !!!

Green Zone...............

NOT HUNGRY....People say 4-5 hours between meals....I experience No Hunger 24/7...I mean the band is there 24/7 so is the effects....the signal sent to my brain for me anyhow.' date=' and many other people I know....

PORTION CONTROL....I do not measure or weigh my food....My band dictates to me when to stop eating, automatically setting portion sizes...

GOOD WEIGHT LOSS.....with no hunger or cravings, and automatic portions when I do eat, this is a no brainer....how can it not happen.

PATIENT SATISFACTION.....I have NO COMPLAINTS!!! No whining here! I COULD NOT BE MORE SATISFIED!!

This is what I learned during my research before being banded, and this is what I expected after being banded.....I WOULD NOT SETTLE OR COMPROMISE FOR ANYTHING LESS....

I am happy to say I have been in the Green Zone for over 12 months, and experience all these things every day....I LOVE MY BAND....

Once I got into the Green Zone, this became the EASIEST THING to do to loose weight.....People say it's hard work and takes determination....well for me, that may have been true ONLY to get to the Green Zone, first 4-6 months for me.....after that...it became a normal lifestyle with the word Diet out of my vocabulary.....true, there where many lessons to learn along the way....

THIS is what the band is designed to do, in my opinion, and THIS is the way my life is now....others may have different experiences, but THIS IS MINE........You can't argue with success.....

I read all these different posts on this forum about this and that....and everyone's opinion how the band should and should not work....some don't have a clue I have learned......IN MY OPINION people should be asking themselves whether or not they are in the Green Zone, and if not, WHY.....[/quote']

This is what I am after. How did u and doc approach your fills? Conservatively or aggressively? I am after exactly the feeling u described above but I don't wanna go back and forth between over filling etc and be impatient about the whole thing and possibly cause more damage.