Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband and that time of the month??

Hey everyone, this post is for all the ladies out there. Just wondering how you guys handle everything that comes with your time of the month, Like how do you handle cravings and the bloating, and are cramps much worse with the band? I have not had a period in over a year due to my IUD and after I lost my first 20lbs I got a period and I was shocked lol But the cramps were horrible and of course all I wanted to do was lay in bed and eat chocolate and watch lifetime haha so anyway I was just wondering how you ladies go about staying on track even when aunt flo is in town

I am actually tighter when I am on my period so I don't have much choice but to NOT give in :) But I do sneak some chocolate here and there :)

mine hasnt changed...i still bloat, cramp and b***ch per normal

i find that even though i wanna graze, i know the band only lets me eat so much..so its there to help

Hey everyone, this post is for all the ladies out there. Just wondering how you guys handle everything that comes with your time of the month,

Well, I am glad you clarified that you only want to know how the women on the board handle their periods. I am sure that the men on the board have totally different techniques... :lol:

Sorry Tina, I just couldn't resist. :D

I find my band tightens up the first couple days. I still get the cravings big time, for me it's usually cheese or chocolate (not together though lol). I don't graze, but I do plan my calories to allow me to have a little taste. For instance, I'll order pizza for dinner (cheese) but I'll only have one slice and let my family eat the rest. Or I'll have Skinny Cow chocolate candy for a snack.

For the last year, it works. I don't feel deprived but I make it through my periods without gaining, in fact I usually lose despite it.

I ate 10 Ritz crackers yesterday because I was craving carbs something terrible. 2 months post op. Craved a lot of other things but didn't let myself go there. Planning to exercise later today, hopefully that'll help. Even though I don't want to!

I ate 10 Ritz crackers yesterday because I was craving carbs something terrible. 2 months post op. Craved a lot of other things but didn't let myself go there. Planning to exercise later today, hopefully that'll help. Even though I don't want to!

LOL, 10 crackers a whole lot better then a whole sleeve of them. I'm even afraid now to touch them. Good for you!

mine hasnt changed...i still bloat, cramp and b***ch per normal

i find that even though i wanna graze, i know the band only lets me eat so much..so its there to help

I'll testify to that! lol

I'm just friends with you here and I know when your period is.lol

Another week isn't it? Yikes

xoxoxoxoxox

I'll testify to that! lol

I'm just friends with you here and I know when your period is.lol

Another week isn't it? Yikes

xoxoxoxoxox

yeah, its a coming..........wonder if that is why i got flowers today? :o :o

Well, I am glad you clarified that you only want to know how the women on the board handle their periods. I am sure that the men on the board have totally different techniques... :lol:

Sorry Tina, I just couldn't resist. :D

Something guys don't know about PMS, this is the time women have the guts to say whats been on their minds all month. Right ladies? lol

Just wait until they get to menopause!!!!! I laugh, I cry, its hot, its cold all month long.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

You're a good sport Terry, glad to have you with us on LBT.com

yeah, its a coming..........wonder if that is why i got flowers today? :o :o

Give hubs my best!

Since your band isn't around your uterus, it won't directly affect cramping. However, since hormones are stored in our adipose tissue, when we lose weight, they are released and you might experience irregularity, worsening or improvement of menstrual symptoms.

I am dealing with that right now. My craving is always chocolate...this is a struggle but, I am learning to deal with it the right way.

Something guys don't know about PMS, this is the time women have the guts to say whats been on their minds all month. Right ladies? lol

Just wait until they get to menopause!!!!! I laugh, I cry, its hot, its cold all month long.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

You're a good sport Terry, glad to have you with us on LBT.com

Thanks Maddy, oh and while I do not know everything about women, you don't know my beautiful wife and if you think she waits until she has PMS to speak her mind, you need to think again. ;-)

LOL, 10 crackers a whole lot better then a whole sleeve of them. I'm even afraid now to touch them. Good for you!

It was a slippery slope. I originally green-lighted myself for 3 crackers... so, yeah... :unsure: