Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I read your post ...twice actually because I was trying to figure out where the band bashing was..... I still don't find it but no matter.... I wish you future success and and good results with your band.

Im not saying it was your fault. I simply said why did you wait so long for an answer. I said dilation occurs from over eating which MAY not WAS the cause of your problems. I am not insinuating anything was your fault. No need for the dont blame me game. I was not blaming you I just said why did you wait so long. Gee whiz if you dont want answers then dont post long post that people take the time to read and then get offended because you did not get the answer you were seeking.

It sounds like a reasonable question to me and I recognize your post from earlier on this site? Still looking for an answer you like? Try OH. They love to talk down the band.

It sounds like a reasonable question to me and I recognize your post from earlier on this site? Still looking for an answer you like? Try OH. They love to talk down the band.

Like I told Cheryl, I didn't ask for help, I'm sharing my story. That's what this forum is about, right.

I read your post ...twice actually because I was trying to figure out where the band bashing was..... I still don't find it but no matter.... I wish you future success and and good results with your band.

Thanks...I've had very negative experiences here and on another site in the past when I share my negative experience...that's why I said that. I love my band, my GI doc thinks it just aggravated a preexisting condition. I don't love how I feel right now.

I want to say thank you so much for posting your story! I am going through what seems to be almost the exact same things as you have been going through.

After seeing my lapband doctor and getting no results as to what was causing the problems, I was sent to a cardiologist. The cardiologist said I had heart arrhythmia and put me on medication. Despite the medications I kept having the same issues and went back again to my lapband doctor. He finally agreed to do a barium swallow, which showed that I had a dilated esophagus. He decided to remove all the Fluid in my band, which made my issues WAY WAY worse! I had trouble sleeping before because of re-flux but now it's absolutely impossible to sleep in any position other than sitting up. He has put me on Ranitidine 150 MG on top of the over the counter medicine I was already taking and it still isn't helping. I had another barium swallow six weeks later which showed my esophagus was much better but the issues hadn't subsided. He suggested we do a gastric emptying study. I agreed and had that done this past Thursday. I plan to call tomorrow to schedule my follow up appointment about the results. He told me at my last appointment that I may have to have the band removed. I'm in pain all the time now. I really don't want to lose my band. I have no idea what comes next!

I'm sorry to hear about all you've been through. I pray that things improve for you! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

I want to say thank you so much for posting your story! I am going through what seems to be almost the exact same things as you have been going through.

After seeing my lapband doctor and getting no results as to what was causing the problems, I was sent to a cardiologist. The cardiologist said I had heart arrhythmia and put me on medication. Despite the medications I kept having the same issues and went back again to my lapband doctor. He finally agreed to do a barium swallow, which showed that I had a dilated esophagus. He decided to remove all the Fluid in my band, which made my issues WAY WAY worse! I had trouble sleeping before because of re-flux but now it's absolutely impossible to sleep in any position other than sitting up. He has put me on Ranitidine 150 MG on top of the over the counter medicine I was already taking and it still isn't helping. I had another barium swallow six weeks later which showed my esophagus was much better but the issues hadn't subsided. He suggested we do a gastric emptying study. I agreed and had that done this past Thursday. I plan to call tomorrow to schedule my follow up appointment about the results. He told me at my last appointment that I may have to have the band removed. I'm in pain all the time now. I really don't want to lose my band. I have no idea what comes next!

I'm sorry to hear about all you've been through. I pray that things improve for you! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

Thank you for understanding the purpose of my post. I'm sorry you're going through this, too. My reflux came on strong after my unfill too. I'd wake up choking on acid, horrible way to exist. In addition to dealing with my motility issues, I've had influenza A and B plus a stomach virus in the last 5 weeks. My immune system is really run down and I think stress and the fact I only can eat properly about half the time aren't helping.

Hope you find some answers! Let me know how your doctors appt goes! We have a Failed Bands group on FB, let me know if you want to join. The admin is very knowledgable about revision surgery and the kind of problems we've been having.

I sent you a private message..... or at least I think I did! LOL

I'm not too great at posting on this forum. :rolleyes:

I didnt say you were asking for advice or a question or that it was your fault or anything. I responded to your post because you posted it and I think I was asking the questions. You are sharing your experience then because you want others to see that the band is a failure or what? I also found another similar post you made a few months back under another name with the same story.

I have a question and I'm not trying to be mean to anyone..... It seems everyone here is wanting to bash her for sharing her story. Isn't this what the forum was created for? Another question I have is how come everyone is getting so upset with her when the forum is about lapband complications? If you guys love your band that's great but people who are having problems and aren't really loving theirs didn't come here to hear stories about loving their bands but stories that others have similar to theirs, which is just what her story was to me. As with every single surgery on the market, whether you like it or not, they all have some failure rate. The major question here is why must someone comment on someone having issues making them feel more negatively unless you yourself are having problems and are trying to make yourself feel better by putting them down? Also again, it doesn't make sense to me at all what someone would even be doing on a forum where people are discussing lapband complications if they themselves didn't have issues. Sorry if I made any of you mad but if this is how people here do, make people feel worse, I'm not so sure I still want to be a member anyway!

I have a question and I'm not trying to be mean to anyone..... It seems everyone here is wanting to bash her for sharing her story. Isn't this what the forum was created for? Another question I have is how come everyone is getting so upset with her when the forum is about lapband complications? If you guys love your band that's great but people who are having problems and aren't really loving theirs didn't come here to hear stories about loving their bands but stories that others have similar to theirs, which is just what her story was to me. As with every single surgery on the market, whether you like it or not, they all have some failure rate. The major question here is why must someone comment on someone having issues making them feel more negatively unless you yourself are having problems and are trying to make yourself feel better by putting them down? Also again, it doesn't make sense to me at all what someone would even be doing on a forum where people are discussing lapband complications if they themselves didn't have issues. Sorry if I made any of you mad but if this is how people here do, make people feel worse, I'm not so sure I still want to be a member anyway!

No one is bashing her. I only asked some questions. Yes everyone has a right to post anything they want however be prepared for any answers you receive when you post. It doesnt matter if this is a complication part of this website when you post something it is out there for the entire public of this forum. No one is bashing her. I gave my opinion and asked again I am repeating it why she waited so long for an answer. I hardly think that is bashing her. Why are you bashing everyone else. Are you not doing the same thing that you are saying we are doing?

Of all the replies to post on here yours seems the most hateful to everyone! You want to turn things around and make the person feel like what happened to them was their fault. I'm sooooo sorry that your band hasn't caused you these problems so you can reach out to other rude people, like yourself! She did answer your question just so you know, it just wasn't a good enough answer in your opinion! Whether or not it is public is irrelevant. I know if I wasn't having complications I could care less what others were posting on a forum dealing with complications! It doesn't make sense to me why you would care what others post if you weren't having complications? Yeah, having faith that she could come here for "support" which I think this forum is supposed to be about, only got her treated bad!

MsMaui, good luck to you hon... I'm truly sorry for what you are going through and I do also truly understand that having band complications IS NOT always caused by self infliction as others try to make people believe! While I did love my band for some things, there are times I hate it!

First of all you do not know me. I said nothing hateful as you claim. You must be feeling guilty or you wouldnt keep up this banter. Let it go and you are no better in my eyes that you would bash me and you dont even know me. So now I will block you like I have others because this is nonsense. You can't assume someone is hateful just because you dont know how to read what they wrote. You are assuming I am hateful and I am not. Im sorry you all are having complications but did you ever think that you should be sorry for assuming you know people and how they really feel. Grow up.

Don't worry about blocking me, I have nothing further to say to you other than what I have already said. People can read for themselves the ignorance!