Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanted it, I got it, but it's bittersweet?

Banded November 29. It's been okay physically (my port site still hurts a bit). I'm down 15 lbs since surgery. I just gave away every pair of pants I own because they already don't fit. They were falling off and my butt started looking saggy. :( I've come to terms with the fact that I will be wearing leggings and dresses during this weightloss journey. Today I realized that my ring that I love, no longer fits. I'm trying to wear it on my thumb. I want to lose weight. I'm happy to be losing. But I'm borderline depressed that nothing fits. I know this will pass with time. But is it normal to feel this way?

Completely normal. It is just as frustrating to have clothes too big as it is having clothes too small.

Cheer up, get yourself a new pair of jeans. It feels so good to have a pair of pants that fits. Treat yourself.

This is a good depresstion! You are doing great!

cheer up this is the goal I go to a thrift store and get something for $3.00 to $7.00 I can afford it and so can you.

I get it. Those big clothes probably made you feel "safe". It was a security blanket. There are things about my old body/life I am still grieving, but it will get better in time. Buying yourself some new clothes to show off your weight loss feels awesome.

Once again, let me be the contrarian here.

No, it's not normal. Not for me. I was doing cartwheels that I gave away my fat clothes. I don't miss sweats, large parkas, not being able to tie my shoes without holding my breath, having stains on all my shirts from dribbling food straight down, underwear that could double as a sail or belts that belong on a sumo wrestler.

Nope, I did a happy dance.

tmf

However you are feeling about this journey is perfectly ok. There isn't anything wrong.

Yes, give up on fitted pants. I have lived in drawstring clamdiggers and skirts for the past 4 years -- it cuts down on the need to shop for clothes. Whenever I've dropped a couple of sizes (I'm down 130# now) I post on Facebook and someone I know has clothes to give me in my new size. I've spent maybe $300 on clothes in the past 4 years, and thats mostly bras and underwear.

Good luck. You're worth the time and effort :)

I don't think my bigger clothes made me feel safe. It was just an overwhelming moment where I realized nothing fit. I think aj said it perfectly. It is just as frustrating as not being able to fit clothes that are too small. I dress well and I don't like looking like I'm swimming in my clothes. I tried to go buy a pair of jeans but I'm in between sizes so I settled on leggings! Lol I'm going to check out some thrift stores. Thanks all.

I don't think my bigger clothes made me feel safe. It was just an overwhelming moment where I realized nothing fit. I think aj said it perfectly. It is just as frustrating as not being able to fit clothes that are too small. I dress well and I don't like looking like I'm swimming in my clothes. I tried to go buy a pair of jeans but I'm in between sizes so I settled on leggings! Lol I'm going to check out some thrift stores. Thanks all.

I was banded on the 29th, too. I lost 13 since surgery. All of my jeans are too big and I am down to 1 pair that I can wear but with a belt. I haven't worn one of those in years. My 3X shirts are all too big and I think I look frumpier now than I did before, lol! My underwear looks ridiculous! However, I am going to wait til after the holidays to buy myself anything new. I may look silly but it just feels soooooooooooooooooo good to not wear clothes that cut off my circulation, lol!!

Try ring guards on your rings. n I do not recommend sizing until you reach goal!

Jersey I think that's my problem. I HATE looking frumpy! Lol who knew this last 15 lbs would be so closet changing?! I didn't. Same issue with underwear. I threw away some and bought some cheapy packs in a lower size from Target.

As crazy as it sounds I don't think I put together the gradual weightloss and needing new clothes. Lol I had a lil tunnel vision.

Okay i wish i could see where 27 pounds went to n im only ten day post im upset DONT U BE DEPRESSED

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

Idk i mean why my clothes aint baggy almost 30down n not filled wth wrong with my body

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

MsRhonda, nothing is wrong with you or your body. It is important to lose that "there is something wrong here mentality". Your body lets go of fat in its own way and if you're patient and do the right things (eat less, exercise more, repeat as necessary) you -will- see results. The Lap Band is a tool, and like any tool, it has to be used properly until the job is done. Keep the faith, girl. I've been on my journey for 4 years and I'm still not done -- but I see the finishline!

U r right im ready but im still in healing mood i went to work out last night my trainer was ready for me hell i was overly ready but all i cud do was treadmil

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to feel during this journey. Your feelings are your feelings. As I lost weight I had so many sizes, I didn't buy a thing through 100 pounds of weight loss. Now I am having the opposite problem of you, I gained some weight back and none of my clothes fit. I have bought a few things but am trying really hard to make do because I have every intention of loosing at least some of the weight. I gave away all my clothes as I lost, which is highly reccomended. Keep up the good work!