Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mom went home, I'm on my own

My mom has been with me for almost a week and she went home today. :cry

It's been soooooo nice having someone here with me but I knew she would have to leave eventually.

Now I get to take care of myself. :faint:

It's getting easier to drink my Water and Protein Drinks. I think yesterday was the first day I actually hit 60 grams of Protein. I'm already halfway there for today. The water is a bit harder because I just don't feel thirsty, but I have my water bottle beside me and I sip, sip, sip.

The gas pains are getting better but I'll be really happy when they are GONE!!!!!!!! :clap2: (soon I hope?????)

Well, I'm off to entertain myself.

Audra

Hey Audra :)

Glad to hear you are doing well. It's always hard when mom leaves huh? Mine was only here for a few days and I didn't want her to go. She's my best buddy. It's nice to be pampered too!

You're doing a great job, keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress, okies?

You go girl! You will be fine, enjoy some alone time.

Funny, but after surgeries in the past, I just want EVERYONE to leave me alone....

Nice you got to enjoy some time with your mom.

hugs

I will be banded on May 4th I'm so excited. I wish you the best of luck . What kind of Protein drink have you found that you like?

I've been drinking the EAS Carb Advantage chocolate Fudge for the past year and I've added the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored and strawberry Sorbet in the past week. I've used Protein drinks for quite a while so I really don't have too much of a problem with any of them.

PNut and Paulax,

Yeah, my mom is my best bud. We do everything together. I will eventually get use to being by myself again, but I was really enjoying the be waited on hand and foot. :biggrin1:

Audra

Hey girl how are you doing. I also had my surgery same day as you. Today is the first day that I actually feel good, less gas pains and stuff. Sorry your mom had to leave so soon. I dreaded my husband going back to work, but it was for the best, so that I could get my butt out of bed and start moving around on my own. I know that's a good feeling though to be waited on hand and foot, lol !!

I was afraid that "gone" was something more ominous. That's because I'm old and my mom is almost 83 and I'm always worried that one day she will be gone and I will have forgotten to ask her something or thank her for something or stuff like that and I'll be out of chances.

So, I'm glad your mom merely left town. And she'll be back. That's a good thing.

GeezerSue,

Thanks for your post. I changed the title so that it does not look so "ominous".

Audra

So happy your mom was there for you to help you out. The thread made me think something bad had happened, and I'm so very glad it didn't. I hope you enjoyed every day with her. I've lost my own mom and she was my best friend too. I hope to this day I said and did all the right things and she knew how much I loved her. My dad died last yr. at the age of 100 and was sharp as a tack but in a lot of pain after 3 knee surgeries. They are both in a far better place and I think of them often and always with love.

I hope you have many, many years to enjoy your mom. They truly are a gift from God and you only get one.

Best of luck to you.

I've pm'd one of the mods in hopes that the title can be changed. It didn't dawn on me how it sounded until GeezerSue pointed it out. So sorry if it upset anybody.

Audra

I've pm'd one of the mods in hopes that the title can be changed. It didn't dawn on me how it sounded until GeezerSue pointed it out. So sorry if it upset anybody.

Audra

I was so sad for you when I saw your thread on the New Posts list. Then I was so confused when I started reading. Then I was so relieved to find out it wasn't "ominous"! Tell your Mom I'm glad she just went home, not "HOME" LOL

LBT is super entertaining, so just log on when you need a boost!

There is nothing like a mother's love. I wish mine were still around. We had so much fun together. Glad your doing better.

Roberta