Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Water Should You Drink Every Day?

A good figure that specifically states the amount of Water you should intake on a

daily basis is an ounce for every 2 pounds of body weight. A person with an

average body size should devour about 64 ounces daily- that means about eight

glasses capable of holding 8 ounces of water each.

If you are on a physical work out mode, you should drink water before during and

after the hours of exercise. And if you are on a special diet to lose weight, then it

is absolutely necessary that you drink a lot of water throughout the day, without

any exception. You must not break this rule, since the water will keep you on

your balanced toes, or else you will weaken so as to not be able to stand under

all the pressure of daily hassles any more.

If you cannot drink pure water, you can opt for fruits. Fruits are high in water

content, and they also contain a lot of useful Vitamins, minerals and

phytonutrients that can help you to gain a lot of vital energy in life. You can also

drink the fruit juice which will satisfy your thirst and also offer the water that your

body needs desperately at all times.

My doctor suggested 8 glasses or 64 ounces of Water daily. I probably drink 32 ounces of water, 8 oz of Crystal light, 2 cups coffee and 2 Protein Shakes, 1 at Breakfast and 1 at lunch. My shakes are 11oz each.

Substitute fruit for Water? Now there is a new one..the average calories in a piece of fruit is around 100...and full of sugar. Granted its the good kind but still.

How much fruit would we need to eat if we weren't drinking Water?

I'm with Floridays! Plus I was told to drink fruit juice occasionally and to mix it 50/50 with Water b/c of sugar content.

I choose not to drink fruit juice at all and sticking with water.

my doctor said Water water water. protien shakes r fine and crystal light is fine. he says if u want soda drink but dont b***h about the gas.

Drink Water when your thirsty and drink as much as you feel you need. Your body knows when it needs to be replinished and will let you know.

tmf

Since being banded june 15 2012, I have had no thirst. Anyone else have that problem?

I drink two litres per day (8 glasses) more in hot weather. I have a pop top type bottle that is a permanent attachment now and take it everywhere.

I'm not sure if I'd do the fruit but I have heard of it from my daughter's pediatrician. Fruit does help hydrate because of the high Water content. When my daughter was a toddler she did not drink more than a few oz a day total (of anything). She would get dehydrated and end up in the hospital- especially if she was sick the dehydration would kick in quicker. We were told if she likes to eat fresh fruit, encourage it as has a lot of water and will help keep her hydrated. It really did help hydrate her. Of course we were not worried about calories or sugar but about getting her hydrated to help digestion problems, tiredness and IVs to rehydrate.