Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Few Questions I Have About This Hole Thing And Lap Band Slipage

Hi my name Is Michael Gard I just have a few questions I was banded on the 16th I'm in my second week of post op diet and I've bin cheating. I feel really Bad about the hole thing first off it was thanks giving and I was about 5 days from surgery I take a few Cookies instead of a shake, ok not to bad I walked 5 miles that day to work off the extra then like 2 days later I ate some oat meal witch one package seamed like alot but I ate the hole thing. I just needed to eat :( now I'm worried about band slippage being this early and I tried solid food I did chew a lot and it went down ok I'm just worried it will get lost and ill have to take more time off work to get it fixed could that happen ? Please help :(

Sorry you are struggling. I was banded the 15th so we are at similar points. I would call your Dr and chat to them just to put your mind at ease. I would get right back on track asap. You can do it.

Mike,

The post op diet is for your body to heal, not for weight loss. Eating food might cause your stitches to tear and band slip. Call your doctor and tell them, they will advise you from there.

I agree you are probably ok but best to call your doctor's office and come up with a plan to get back on track.

There are as many different post-op diets as there are bariatric surgeons. You should follow your surgeon's recommendations, but don't freak out about a tiny slip or two, especially if you're keeping it soft and chewing REALLY REALLY thoroughly. Just don't make it a habit. The post-op diet is designed to let your body heal... give your body the time it needs.

Definitely talk to your dr. Your stomach churning to digest food when it isn't healed yet can be very dangerous. Especially during healing, you cannot forego the rules. The habits you stick to now are also going to either make you or break you for your overall success. You need to take them seriously.

Please make sure not to have any soda either as that can be very hazardous. What's done is done so all you can do now is not do it again, talk to your dr. and find other ways to distract yourself from eating when you aren't supposed to (protein drinks), go for a walk, read, anything.

Stop trying to justify your actions. You have come so far....now is the time to stop cheating and get your head in the game. As others said call the dr and maybe have him check for damage. speak to your dr about bandster hell.... The time before you are in the green zone. It's hard but not impossible. Then start with one meal at a time. When the feeling to cheat creeps up on you then find something to do and while you are going through the mental gymnastics ask yourself this question... Why am I willing to sabatoge my effort this far for a cookie? Do I want to be fat for the rest of my life?

Only you can do this and since you got surgery I am guessing you must want the results pretty badly. Look at my profile... I was a happy fat girl...on the out side. Within I was miserable!! But now I am an ecstatic thin girl inside and out. That can be you in a very short time.

I know my words sound direct and uncaring and at couldn't be farther from the truth... I just believe in honesty with myself and others... I wish you all the best.

I would suggest changing your mindset. When you eat Cookies, it isn't cheating. It's risking your life. I know it sounds drastic and dramatic but it is true! You could really be risking your life for a cookie while your body is trying to heal.

My bf got upset with me bc a couple days before my surgery he said "I could probably convince you to cheat" he was kidding, but I said "do you want me to die?" To me, that is how serious you have to be. #shrug

Best of luck.